• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Relive the best week of your life again

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
If you had the opportunity to relive a week from your past what week would it be and why.
When asked, I considered many options including the week my son was born, the week I got married, various Southend United experiences from Benji at Bury to Man U and Chelsea.

But for some reason I decided on the first week of a 2 week holiday to Cornwall, I think that I was 9 or 10 and we were travelling to Looe in Cornwall. My dad always used to like to set of in the very early hours of the morning, (back in those days there was no M25 so it was a trip through London). Like most 9 year old I could not sleep and neither could my sister who was a year older than me.

We left at 1am IRRC on a damp and chilly morning. As dawn was breaking, I was asleep in the back of our dark blue Triumph Dolomite snoozing away, when the sun beating down on my face woke me up, we were travelling on a motorway with the sun blaring down on our way to a holiday park in Cornwall and I was the happiest boy on the face of the planet and to top it all of, a song came on the radio that must have been in the charts at the time and it has been tattooed on my brain ever since. The first few bars of the song to this day make me feel incredibly happy and exited like no other song ever written. The following week/fortnight was amazing, I fell in love for the first time with a fat girl from Dudley and wore my first pair of sta press trousers, brown Ben Sherman top and a pair of brogues. I thought I was the coolest cat on the block.
So…..that was the week that I would most like to go back to and relive……..what is yours?
PS. You can not change anything that happened!

Last edited:
When i went to Las Vegas to watch the Hitman VS. Floyd Mayweather.

Nothing i would change...

Just ****ing unbelieveable week.

Close run thing, just a few weeks back to when I got married. But I'll go for last year when I went to america for a week, Chicago for a few days then Indiana, it was great.

I'm going to choose two. My daugher being born, and when I graduated.

When I graduated, I did the ball the night before the ceremony, as thats when all my mates did it. Cracking night, didnt really go to sleep. Few pints after the ceremony, then down to North Berwick for a meal and a decent night's sleep. On the drive home, heard the Open on the radio, and Justin Rose was doing well...

indeed... Freshers' week for me

Freshers week was OK, but more fun when I was the fourth year. Mwahahahaha

that reminds me, when I was at uni, I joined the Monster Raving Loonies, and because they had no representatives in Edinburgh, I was asked to set up a branch up there. A small regret I never took up the offer. I still have a photo of Lord Sutch and my membership form somewhere.

Dunno if you can pcik a true fave but one I really enjoyed was my first trip to Chamonix.. Been on holiday in Whistler with the family for a first ever ski trip and I learnt how to snowboard.. 'd told the chaps at work that if I got the hang of it I'd go no an end of season weekend trip with them.. I mastered the dark art of snowboarding and in early April we set off from Luton airport at the crack of dawn on Easy Jet to Ganeva.. I had married and had kids very young so proper Lads trips away had been few n far between .. So I still had that 'lads trip buzz' even in going to the poxy Airport! Go to Geneva easy transfer great weather.. I'll never forget the view driving into the vally Chamonix is in.. Truly stunning the first time you see it.. we were on the slopes by midday I couldnt believe it.. Great weekend culminating in doing the Valle Blanche on the Sunday before flying home.. Staggering views in perfect conditions.. one of those 'first time you do something' things where everything is perfect.. Including of course a shedload of beer..

First week of my holiday in Japan with Lesley. It was our first big holiday together, I'd always wanted to go to Japan, and it was fantastic for Lesley to be back in a country which had played such a big part in her life. In the first week we got to wander around Tokyo, take in a Hanime (cherry blossom) party, head up to frozen Sapporo and have beer and steak at the Sapporo brewery, go skiing in Hokkaido, try out a Japanese Onsen and then see her former colleagues in Niigata - all the while enjoying superlative Japanese food and hospitality.

It really doesn't get much better than that.

Best single days are my wedding day and the day my daughter arrived; but if it's a whole week you need, then that week in Japan commencing on Monday 31 March 2003 takes some beating for me.

Matt

Well - If I am talking about historic moments in my life then birth of my daughter or wedding would be up there. However the run up to both was full of stress.

However if were talking best "week" ever then its got to be when I went to Germany for the World Cup with my mates.

7 of us in a mini-bus driving from Brighton to Munich. From the moment I got in the bus we were driking and having a right laugh. We spent the first night in Luxemburg which was naff, 3 nights in Frankfurt which we loved, 4 nights in Munich which is up there with my best citys and then the final night in Rennes in the North of France which is naff.

We done loads, Visited Hitlers Eagles Nest, Watched a world cup match (All be it Saudi Arabia vs Tunisia), the English Garden in Munich excellent.

No woman or hint of action just a great time on your travels with your mates. Be great to repeat agian someday but as time goes on and everyone starts to get kidded up it looks less likely....

In 2007 we went to a friends wedding in the Cook Islands as part of a bigger trip taking in NZ and Oz. The wedding was on a little island called Rarotonga, middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean.

p102178-Rarotonga_Cook_Islands-Rarotonga.jpg

Stayed in a little resort in a small chalet, 1 minute walk from the most beautiful beach you've ever seen. A load of people there for the wedding so company when you wanted it and solitude when you didn't. Two buses on the island, clock wise and anti clockwise, a few little bars and restaurants otherwise just drinking beer and relaxing. Took my watch off when we arrived and left it off for the whole trip....didn't need it, just so relaxing which was welcoming as it came after a mad and stressful time at work.

The week of the 'will-they-won't-they' Lofty & Miiiiiiiichelle wedding in Eastenders, with Wicksy's unforgettable 'Every Loser Wins' solo.

It still sends tingles down my trachea just thinking about it.

Back