• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp in a Kilt

I am starting to revise my opinion on our remaining matches. It has seemed for a long time that our home matches would be the "gimmes" and the aways difficult to get anything from, but results lately have changed my mind:

Gillingham (h): They were really struggling, but have moved up to 7th in the form table. On the plus side, it is mainly their home form that has done this, but they will be no pushover - though their haul of 53 points should be enough to avoid the drop.

Barnsley (a): At one time the Dark Horse of the race, Barnsley are stumbling in the final furlong. One win and 5 draws in their last 8 has seen them slide to 19th in the form table. One win and three draws in the last 4 home games should give us hope of not leaving Yorkshire empty handed.

Doncaster (h): They are down in 15th place in the form table, but that is mainly because of poor home form. Away from home, they have lost only one in the last four and will still fancy their chances of reaching the playoffs. Ominously, they have proven too much for us to handle many times in the past.

Swansea (a): As pboreham has already said in another thread, 14 points ahead of Swansea - who would have thought it after they gave us a lesson at Roots Hall? But now they are struggling badly, and are down at an astonishing 17th in the form table with identical form to Barnsley - 1 win and 5 draws in the last 8. Though, like Barnsley, they haven't lost in the last 4 home games, they have only taken 3 points once. If, as seems (astonishingly) probable, we go to Swansea with promotion already clinched, I quite fancy our chances of giving the Swans a bloody beak.

Bristol City (h): Since Gary Johnson found the challenge of managing a Sleeping Giant impossible to resist, Bristol City have slowy but steadily turned from likely relegation candidates to one of the hardest teams to beat in League One. If the clubs already in and around the play-offs continue to choke in such spectacular fashion, it isn't impossible that Bristol City could come to the Hall with something still to play for. Currently second in the Form Table to Forest, by only one goal, they had a comfortable 0-3 win today at Walsall and will prove to be a tough nut to crack. I very much hope that we have sewn up both promotion and the title before this match!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ April 08 2006,23:40)]Good read. Where are we in the form league, at a guess 9/10th?
Nope, ye of little faith! We have won 5, drawn 2 and only lost one of our last 8 matches, the same form as Bristol City. We are 3rd in the table, only behind City because they have scored 18 goals to our 17.

NB - I lied about BC being second in the Form Table to Forest only by Goal Difference, actually it is by 3 points, but the thrust of my arguement remains unchanged!

Back