• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
Dear Mr Lewis

Thank you for your recent email concerning the future of Southend United FC. I do understand how important the Club is to the town and I appreciate that the current uncertainty surrounding the Club is not satisfactory to the supporters. However, despite what you may have heard, Sainsbury's do not control the Football Club. While Sainsbury's do have a contractual relationship with Roots Hall Ltd, the Company controlled by Mr Ron Martin and the company endeavouring to deliver the new stadium and redevelopment at Roots Hall, it is for the Directors and Officers of SUFC to run the affairs of the Football Club.

Of course we are sympathetic to the current plight of the Club and indeed through our contractual arrangements with Roots Hall Ltd, Sainsbury's has endeavoured to do what we can to at least take some of the pressure off Mr Martin and his fellow Directors. As you may know we have provided funds to allow the Club to discharge its debts to HMRC. Hopefully this breathing space allows the SUFC Directors to concentrate on working up their plans for the Club and the forthcoming season.

Yours sincerely

Justin King
Chief Executive

I'm quite impressed that he has sent an email back, I assume to everyone that sent him an email.
It does actually show quite a lot of sympathy and genuine care for the club.

One Justin King, There's only one Justin King.

So if I understand that, they have no stake in SUFC at all and no say who controls the football side at all so the suggestions that Sainsburys could buy the club and sell to the consortium are unfounded?

Dear Mr Baker

Thank you for your recent email concerning the future of Southend United FC. I do understand how important the Club is to the town and I appreciate that the current uncertainty surrounding the Club is not satisfactory to the supporters. However, despite what you may have heard, Sainsbury's do not control the Football Club. While Sainsbury's do have a contractual relationship with Roots Hall Ltd, the Company controlled by Mr Ron Martin and the company endeavouring to deliver the new stadium and redevelopment at Roots Hall, it is for the Directors and Officers of SUFC to run the affairs of the Football Club.

Of course we are sympathetic to the current plight of the Club and indeed through our contractual arrangements with Roots Hall Ltd, Sainsbury's has endeavoured to do what we can to at least take some of the pressure off Mr Martin and his fellow Directors. As you may know we have provided funds to allow the Club to discharge its debts to HMRC. Hopefully this breathing space allows the SUFC Directors to concentrate on working up their plans for the Club and the forthcoming season.

Yours sincerely

Justin King

Chief Executive

Can someone ask him why Sainsbury's have converted a lot of their check outs in the Canvey store to self service? *****.

All the Supermarkets and their shareholders can't believe their luck.
They are getting us to pack our own shopping and not paying us for it.
In Asda, it's gone from 4 to 8 self service. I bet it will end up a lot more, and the laying off of check out staff.

They should knock say 2% off the bill to use these things.

Dear Mr Lewis

Yours sincerely

Justin King
Chief Executive

I thought Brunning said they had an agreement with Sainsbury's to settle all debts as they fall due. This would suggest otherwise.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that email, but to me it smacks of:

pilate-washing-hands.jpg

[I'm quite impressed that he has sent an email back, I assume to everyone that sent him an email.
It does actually show quite a lot of sympathy and genuine care for the club.

Maybe our directors should take note on how to contact corporate communications?

I thought Brunning said they had an agreement with Sainsbury's to settle all debts as they fall due. This would suggest otherwise.

Just pasted this from the echo.

However, Southend United escaped being placed in administration and finance director Nigel Brunning said supermarket giant Sainsbury’s had set aside enough money to pay the tax bill and the amount claimed by Charterhouse.

He also said Sainsbury’s would continue to fund the club’s “obligations and debts as they fall due”.

Someone's telling porkies. I don't think the judge will fall for it.

Just pasted this from the echo.

However, Southend United escaped being placed in administration and finance director Nigel Brunning said supermarket giant Sainsbury’s had set aside enough money to pay the tax bill and the amount claimed by Charterhouse.

He also said Sainsbury’s would continue to fund the club’s “obligations and debts as they fall due”.

Someone's telling porkies. I don't think the judge will fall for it.

This is the problem, just because one email to supporters doesnt mention it doesnt it isnt true, try not to read to much into it.

They will have documented evidence of whatever they provide in court. The court wont accept them just saying Sainsburys will do X Y or Z unless theres a formal agreement.

This is the problem, just because one email to supporters doesnt mention it doesnt it isnt true, try not to read to much into it.

They will have documented evidence of whatever they provide in court. The court wont accept them just saying Sainsburys will do X Y or Z unless theres a formal agreement.

Surely Justin King would have mentioned X Y or Z in the email, to show they are helping Southend, and to ease the fans worries. Rather than just the HMRC debt.

Dear Mr Lewis

Yours sincerely

Justin King
Chief Executive

Credit to the man.....or the company. Im impressed that

a) they responded
B) they didnt try and fob anyone off and told it how they see it

Even if it was sent en-mass there is no point saying the same message hundreds of times

Surely Justin King would have mentioned X Y or Z in the email, to show they are helping Southend, and to ease the fans worries. Rather than just the HMRC debt.

Very much doubt he would have gone into details of the whole contractual arrangements, if any exist beyond HMRC debt, in a public email.

Its very easy to take an email like this and read things into it.

Very much doubt he would have gone into details of the whole contractual arrangements, if any exist beyond HMRC debt, in a public email.

Its very easy to take an email like this and read things into it.

We shall wait and see then.
A lot of us are wondering why things haven't been paid off, after Brunning's statement to the court tho.

We shall wait and see then.
A lot of us are wondering why things haven't been paid off, after Brunning's statement to the court tho.

Goalposts were moved and we shall see what happens on the 2nd August.

Thats when things will hopefully become clearer, although we say that before every single hearing!

Back