• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't see why they would bother ..I would imagine it just comes off the lump sum they are paying for Roots Hall although if the loan is attracting interest..the lump sum will be diminishing all the time until they get on site.

Said that a few weeks ago. This for me is quite worrying. Surely that money would have been used in the FF development project? So now we've already had £3m+ of it, does that mean that somewhwere down the line, the project will grind to (another) halt, while Honest Ron looks for more investment?

We do not know the terms of the loan - RM would need to default on the loan or breach covenents. If the loan is covenent free and RM is meeting interest payments and the principal is not due for repayment for say 20 years then Sainsburys cannot call it in.

Do we know it is a loan? I would assume it is just chunks of the money we were ment to be getting from the sale of Roots Hall.

Said that a few weeks ago. This for me is quite worrying. Surely that money would have been used in the FF development project? So now we've already had £3m+ of it, does that mean that somewhwere down the line, the project will grind to (another) halt, while Honest Ron looks for more investment?

Yep, this is also my concern.

I can quite easily see the new stadium being half built, if at all. Nothing is ever simple supporting this club.

Yeah thats something Ive thought of, Im hoping its 3 million of the projected profits that wont now be made. Who knows....

Yep, this is also my concern.

I can quite easily see the new stadium being half built, if at all. Nothing is ever simple supporting this club.

Exactly. I can see it getting half done, (the shell) then Uncle ballsack saying we've run out of funds due to naughty boys at HMRC, big wages etc.

Does anybody know why SUFC are not sponsored by Sainsburys?

After all the well published shenanigans of S.U.F.C and Ron Martin, they wouldn't want their good name tarnished with the same brush.
They are only in it for the great big new supermarket. Once they get what they really want and it is all finalized, they will not want anything to do with our club.
Also they have already said they do not want to be involved in football in any way

Do we know it is a loan? I would assume it is just chunks of the money we were ment to be getting from the sale of Roots Hall.

Yes - as it is secured against the shares in the football club it must be a loan - if RM defaults on the terms of the loan Sainsburys get the shares (+ anything else secured on the loan). It may well be repaid in the end by the transfer of Roots Hall ownsership but until that happens it is debt.

Back