• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
The guy that I go to games with told me on Saturday, that he'd been into the club shop and they were running a survey on which Retro Kit we should use for next season.

There were 3 choices apparently. I can't remember them all, but I think one of them was the 68-69 (?) striped version.

Anyone else heard similar??

I saw that when I was in the club shop last weekend. The striped kit was one, there was an earlier (mostly white, 1960 I think) kit, and then '78-'80 which I voted for. It was way out in front actually.

What does the 78-80 one look like?

Sounds like it's a bit of a narrow choice, mind. None of the blue and yellow numbers an option?

If 68-69 shirt can we have a Billy Best type forward to wear it on the pitch, would certainly bang in the goals & have none of that fake diving or throwing them selves on the ground as if been hit by a missile

UTS

76-78 remains my all-time favourite shirt. Gave rise to the rather tortured "David Smith's (Red) Blue and White Army". I also had a fantastic mainly white scarf with narrow red and blue bars.

I still like the rarely worn Telewest white shirt though which ticked the blue and yellow boxes too (anyone know where away kit pics can be found?).

That 78 shirt was a favourite of mine. However, to suddenly incorporate red back into the strip seems pointless for the sake of a one-off season.
For that reason I would go with the navy stripes with white sleeves. Fuzzy memories of being six on the old South Bank with my dad and ...The King. Billy Best.

1978 please , year I was born ! Never normally buy a shirt, I would then !

This retro shirt has got nothing to do with what the players are wearing next season,the woman in the shop said it's just for a retro shirt for sale to fans which is why they want to know which would probably sell better!:facepalm:

Back