• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Revell failed to live up to expectations"

That's not the point, Dave. You can't buy a burger and then moan that it isn't prime fillet steak. Anyone who saw Revs play at Brighton knew what kind of player he was. We knew he wouldn't score many goals. He's obviously given his all. So if he hasn't lived up to expectations then the obvious question to me is who's expectations haven't been reached?

It just stinks of ******** to me.

For me mate £150k is a **** load of money for a club like us. I take your point about getting what you pay for but Revell offered no value at all and cost us a lot. My Brighton mates ****ed themselves when we paid that for him and I know why.

We signed him supposidly as a target man but he cannot win headers, he cant turn, he scuffs most of his shots. Short of 110% effort which i totally appreciate he was basically clueless.

Tilson shoud have questions to answer as he obviously has the final say on who he wants but in No-Ones eyes surely can he has reached any expectations at all....Hence why we moved him on...

That's not the point, Dave. You can't buy a burger and then moan that it isn't prime fillet steak. Anyone who saw Revs play at Brighton knew what kind of player he was. We knew he wouldn't score many goals. He's obviously given his all. So if he hasn't lived up to expectations then the obvious question to me is who's expectations haven't been reached?

It just stinks of ******** to me.
Totally agree Burgery, sorry Beefy.

Don't also forget that for several of those games he was played out wide in yet another of the clubs "striker/winger who can/can't cross/shoot" (*delete as appropriate) scenarios. At that stage most of the fans thought it a stupid idea, but then as GK would say, "what do you lot know you useless bunch of layabout sponging *****". Obviously he's only met MtS!

Not living upto expectations? Has Freedman? has Barnard? has Walker? has Betsy?

****ing ridiculous

From day one at Orient away i said he was a bit of a donkey, poor control and looked like a sitter misser. However he is a great bloke, brilliant for team spirit, wonderful worker and no worse than what we have kept on the books. Disgraceful insult to Revs and with the way it is going hope he knocks in a hatrick against us as we are only in reverse mode so what difference. Good luck Alex, you have been shafted!

We bought Revs with a poor scoring record, he came from non league originally, what were we expecting. He sounds gutted from that interview to be leaving.
The high expectations of Messrs Betsy and Freedman should be next to go. They must be taking up the best part of £5k a week. Both have been useless.

I believe Kevin Betsy has been more prolific than Revell.

From day one at Orient away i said he was a bit of a donkey, poor control and looked like a sitter misser. However he is a great bloke, brilliant for team spirit, wonderful worker and no worse than what we have kept on the books. Disgraceful insult to Revs and with the way it is going hope he knocks in a hatrick against us as we are only in reverse mode so what difference. Good luck Alex, you have been shafted!

Let me guess - you prefer funerals to weddings?

For me mate £150k is a **** load of money for a club like us. I take your point about getting what you pay for but Revell offered no value at all and cost us a lot. My Brighton mates ****ed themselves when we paid that for him and I know why.
And, to be fair, most of us were more that a bit confused when we ******* that much on him. We didn't see the value of him & now GK is admitting that we were right!

But there's a right way & a wrong way of dealing with these things & GK wouldn't know the correct one from a tub of lard.

At that stage most of the fans thought it a stupid idea, but then as GK would say, "what do you lot know you useless bunch of layabout sponging *****". Obviously he's only met MtS!

Huh? I've only had the "pleasure" of meeting GK a couple of times, in which he demonstrated the consummate PR skills which he has displayed in their full glory today...

:thump:

Sorry if this has allready been said,
surely we should be trying to sell Revs for atleast a few bob, and not saying how 'he has not lived up to expectations'

'King you're hired!
brilliant sales men and exacty what i want in my business' - Alan Sugar
:D;)

People need to take the rose tinted glasses off! Revell was not a good player, yes he ran around alot but thats about it! Just because he wrote a blog doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread!

Not here for any more arguments (wasn't my intention in the first place), I'd just like to say I'm sorry to hear about the financial situation at the club. This interests me because you are supposedly building a new stadium IIRC? Will the stadium construction still be completed? And your Chief Executives comments were very unprofessional to say the least, hardly going to persuade players to join your club.

Anyway I'm happy enough with Revell signing for us, sounds like a good hard-working player who will give 100%, much like Paynter does. Revell will probably be used out wide in a 4-3-3 formation which Danny Wilson has stuck with so far this season, do you guys think he'll do well in that position?

Best of luck for this season, and I hope your off the field problems are sorted out, wasn't too long ago we had similar problems.

dear swindon.

ever wondered what to do with some mince and spuds? shepperds pie i hear you cry? no no no. mr revell, whist not concerned with actually doing his job, will bore you all to tears with cooking tips and mind numbing witty stories about psp games.

you my little robin friends are in for a treat.

Kind regards,

People need to take the rose tinted glasses off! Revell was not a good player, yes he ran around alot but thats about it! Just because he wrote a blog doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread!

But most aren't saying he was any good! :headbang:

We're saying we knew what Revell was like when we bought him, wondered why we bought him & are now p*ssed off with GK saying he wasn't much cop. We could've told him that as it was patently fecking obvious at the time.

Nice bloke & all that but he was never £150k of footballer.

Last edited:
We bought Revs with a poor scoring record, he came from non league originally, what were we expecting. He sounds gutted from that interview to be leaving.
The high expectations of Messrs Betsy and Freedman should be next to go. They must be taking up the best part of £5k a week. Both have been useless.

I would suspect that Walker can be added to them.

The trouble is, when you want to move a player on, they have to have somewhere to go, as we found out to our detriment with Harrold and Foran.

No-one is going to take Betsy and Freedman.

Don't think Revell will go on to be a Hooper or Kightley, but no doubt king had no idea what he is on about, considering Revell's record its clear he was signed as a target man not as a goalscorer... and no doubt that comment has shut the door on a return to roots hall for him. Shame because he is the sort of personality that teams need, keeps them going when times are tough.

Not here for any more arguments (wasn't my intention in the first place), I'd just like to say I'm sorry to hear about the financial situation at the club. This interests me because you are supposedly building a new stadium IIRC? Will the stadium construction still be completed? And your Chief Executives comments were very unprofessional to say the least, hardly going to persuade players to join your club.

Anyway I'm happy enough with Revell signing for us, sounds like a good hard-working player who will give 100%, much like Paynter does. Revell will probably be used out wide in a 4-3-3 formation which Danny Wilson has stuck with so far this season, do you guys think he'll do well in that position?

Best of luck for this season, and I hope your off the field problems are sorted out, wasn't too long ago we had similar problems.

To be honest mate you have got a gem there.

I full expect with an attack of Billy Painter and Alex Revell you will be a premiership side next season (I appreciate it two leagues away but I expect you to now romp league one and get a double promotion like they do at local league level).

Revell is a kind of Gerd Muller, Pele, Ronaldo (Skinny days) and Van basten rolled into one. There is nothing he cant do with a football.

My only hope now is that your manager / chief scout is not reading this and comes in with a six figure bid for our star defender Osei Sankofa before the deadline.

Get ready for the San Siro mate....All aboard Revell airlines....

Back