• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Keith Floyd

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
One of my favourite drunks has died. What a shame.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8256260.stm

Before I changed it to Larry Bird, my avatar showed the man himself in typical drinking pose. Stuff yer Jamie Oliver, Floyd was a proper TV chef.

keith+flory.jpg

I hope they serve red wine in heaven or else he's ****ed.

RIP Keith, absolute character. Ironic that Channel 4 showed the program with him & Keith Allen last night.

Spooky that last night there was an interview with him by another drunk Keith Allen.

I am going to be watching that tonight on Virgin VOD. As I am sure it will be a great show.

Awww, that's a real shame. Keith was definitely the chef who switched me on to TV food programmes in the 80s.

I watched most of it and it was a wide open mouthed moment when he first appeared on screen. 65? He looked more like 85. I'm surprised his heart held out until now considering how much he smoked and drank. Especially after his collapse last year.

It is incredibly spooky that he died just a matter of minutes after that tv show was on last night though.

As you say James, a proper chef - very much like the two fat ladies, looked as if they all really loved cooking, eating and drinking, none of this clinical stuff they have these days.

Blimey they've also been running a serialisation of a biography in the Mail this week. The only TV chef I can recall knocking up a Gazpacho in a ****ing great bucket.

RIP.

Total leg, and a TV chef who I would rather have watched over any other, he was also extremely revered in the cheffing world.

I loved him because he lived his life how HE wanted to.

RIP you old Lush

Forget Michael Jackson and Lady Di , Keith Floyd has left me in more of a sad state than them two , he was a legend .

My saddest days when celebs have died now reads in this order

Mr Mayogi
Keith Floyd
Roy castle

RIP Floyddy , will never tire of watching you firing into any old bird on your cooking programme whilst getting smashed as a mo fo . Now thats proper Tv for ya .

Watched it last night, was actually quite sad to see him as someone stated looking nearer 85 than 65. As he said earlier on in programme spent his life smoking and drinking and living life how he wanted to.

Great man and great chef and certainly changed british cooking habits and tv cookery shows for ever.

Top man and will be sadly missed,made me laugh that he never conformed.HIC!

RIP.

Forget Michael Jackson and Lady Di , Keith Floyd has left me in more of a sad state than them two , he was a legend .

My saddest days when celebs have died now reads in this order

Mr Mayogi
Keith Floyd
Roy castle

My top three:

Giant Haystacks
Paul Hunter
Ronnie Barker

Floyd is knocking on the door though; one of my favourite Floyd shows featured him hanging around Madrid making out that Spaniards have an alcoholic drink every forty minutes or so from breakfast until bed time (Aniseed! Manzanilla! A glass of wine! A nice cool cerveza! More wine! Some brandy!).

I need to find this show and then re-create it myself by way of tribute.

Keith Floyd taught me that it's absolutely essential to be totally ****faced whilst cooking. Even if I want a sandwich or a pot noodle, I find myself necking half a bottle of scotch beforehand...

Apparently, there was one time during filming in Italy that he was so trolleyed, he stripped down to his pants and rugby tackled one of the locals.

Has anyone else seen this?

Kind Regards

Back