• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Robbie lays it on the line support us or else........

I could have sworn this was a Southend forum..............

Not sure who he wants to support Col U exactly. There support has always been **** its not like their crowds have suddently dropped.

Sounds like the cash cow is running dry .. oh and the appropriate header will be soon added to this thread too :winking:

The End of the Road for Col Ewe?

BBC

Cowlling is reducing his subsidy of the playing staff to zero over the next 5 years, and investing in youth. Interesting to see if that works, or if they fall by the wayside. I think they might struggle to attract youth team players with Ipswich and Norwich so close. I also think that we've stolen a march on them here as our CoE is considered one of the best in the country. We've already got to the stage where any premiership youth dropouts look to us to resurrect their faltering career...

I could have sworn this was a Southend forum..............

Not sure who he wants to support Col U exactly. There support has always been **** its not like their crowds have suddently dropped.

A Southend forum yes, but this is in the General football section :winking:

Your right Dave our average crowds have increased even though they are still very poor, but our expenses have increased by a far bigger percentage then our income, Robbie is making the right decision to take a more prudent approach.

BBC

Cowlling is reducing his subsidy of the playing staff to zero over the next 5 years, and investing in youth. Interesting to see if that works, or if they fall by the wayside. I think they might struggle to attract youth team players with Ipswich and Norwich so close. I also think that we've stolen a march on them here as our CoE is considered one of the best in the country. We've already got to the stage where any premiership youth dropouts look to us to resurrect their faltering career...

New training complex in Tiptree is already on the go, the payback for Robbie is several hundred new houses are also part of the scheme, he has put around 8 million of his own money into the club apparently, but the profit on those houses will more than cover that.

Robbie is making the right decision to take a more prudent approach.

Surely the prudent approach Cap would be to pull the plug on the stench-ridden carcass :winking:

On the subject of money have you got any cash behind you, only i think Colchestaarrgghh rich and proud sounds much much better

Hmm -

Few facts -

Robbie has put in at least £8 million of his own money over last 4 years
He is going to be putting in a further £4 million over the next 5 years
He is paying £3 million for a new training facility that will be a club assett
He is giving 100% of gate receipts to the following seasons playing budget
He has not taken a penny out of the club in the last 4 years
His own companies also put in further money in sponsorship
He has set up a long-term partnership with a school which allows kids to get formal education with additional football coaching twice a day
We have a new stadium where rent and running costs is entirely paid for by commercial activities
We have never paid our players late
We have never had a transfer embargo
We are having a pre-season tour of Holland that the club is paying for (not the fans)
We are in League 1
WE ARE NOT IN DEBT!!!!!

Would rather be in our position that yours thanks!

Hmm -

Few facts -

His own companies also put in further money in sponsorship We have been sponsored by MD in the past
He has set up a long-term partnership with a school which allows kids to get formal education with additional football coaching twice a day There is something called the SUCET (Southend United Community and Educational Trust) which has been going since the early 90's which delivers similar if not more
We have a new stadium where rent and running costs is entirely paid for by commercial activities But is owned by the local council
We are having a pre-season tour of Holland that the club is paying for (not the fans)
We are in League 1 but you have been relegated out of the league , only been in the 2nd flight for a couple of years and only been in the league since 1950 (Div 3 was formed in the 1920's y'know)
WE ARE NOT IN DEBT!!!!!

fair comment about the finances although they are entirely subsidised by the owner

but it did require a bit of balance

Was reading the two page spread in today's Colchester Gazette with interest (I work there).

Some of their fans are utterly deluded. If I supported a team that had been punching well above their weight for more than 20 years then I'd be pretty grateful, but they're bitching about no money for a new striker, some of the dross they are forced to watch (they finished top half Lg1 last year). One said he might consider going if they were in the Championship but not League One. Amazing.

Was reading the two page spread in today's Colchester Gazette with interest (I work there).

Some of their fans are utterly deluded. If I supported a team that had been punching well above their weight for more than 20 years then I'd be pretty grateful, but they're bitching about no money for a new striker, some of the dross they are forced to watch (they finished top half Lg1 last year). One said he might consider going if they were in the Championship but not League One. Amazing.

Football fans eh? We had one season in the Championship and some of our fans seemed to think we were a Championship club!

Yes Robbie has it all to do, I blame Parkinson, if he had not worked a miracle with little cash and got us into the Championship, those fans would just be content finishing higher than bottom four in league one:winking:

Hmm -

Few facts -

His own companies also put in further money in sponsorship
He has set up a long-term partnership with a school which allows kids to get formal education with additional football coaching twice a day
We have a new stadium where rent and running costs is entirely paid for by commercial activities
We are in League 1
WE ARE NOT IN DEBT!!!!!

Few facts for you

* We have never been in the non league
* Your new stadium is still smaller than ours
* Your record signing is less than ours
* Your record sale is less than ours
* We have a higher attendance than you.
* We have spent more years in a higher flight
In fact I am not going to on other than to say any thing that you care to raise bar current league position we are bigger than you. FACT.

You have had a bit of success with a chairman that has bank rolled a side whos woeful attendances will never support a decent side without him. Enjoy your moment in the sun (if you can call coming mid table playing **** football under Mr Personality John Ward enjoyment) but we all know it wont last long.

I will be content when ***** like you are off this forum

TB

Reading back through my message I hope you don't think I was having a go about Southend being relegated from league one, in hindsight it does look a bit like it, but what I meant was most Colchester fans are just happy to avoid relegation and stay in league one rather than try to reach a higher division we could not compete in for long.

Back