• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chaco27saf

Manager
I have a strange feeling that no one will care about this post, but here it goes anyways.

The college football (american football, not soccer) season begins for my school tomorrow, against our rivals, the Colorado State University Rams. The game is being televised on Fox, so if Sky Sports ever shows any international sports it may be televised in Britain as well. (Sky and Fox are owned by the same company). So if anyone is in a Pub late Saturday night and the game is on, show your support for the mighty University of Colorado Buffaloes!!

I doubt they'll show any college footie on Sky. We get NBC over here so they might show it on there. The only American footie we get is the European games and the major American ones.

That sport is too much like Rugby League, in my opnion....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Sep. 03 2004,23:58)]I have a strange feeling that no one will care about this post, but here it goes anyways.

The college football (american football, not soccer) season begins for my school tomorrow, against our rivals, the Colorado State University Rams.  The game is being televised on Fox, so if Sky Sports ever shows any international sports it may be televised in Britain as well. (Sky and Fox are owned by the same company).  So if anyone is in a Pub late Saturday night and the game is on, show your support for the mighty University of Colorado Buffaloes!!
We get Fox News on the Sky Network, but suspect if they show anything, it will only be highlights after the event... might be worth looking out for though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2004,00:04)]I doubt they'll show any college footie on Sky. We get NBC over here so they might show it on there. The only American footie we get is the European games and the major American ones.

NASN shows a lot of College Football.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 04 2004,07:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2004,00:04)]I doubt they'll show any college footie on Sky. We get NBC over here so they might show it on there. The only American footie we get is the European games and the major American ones.

NASN shows a lot of College Football.
Oh yeah i forgot about that channel. Not bad is that as I watch it for the Baseball and the Ice Hockey

So u won then?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Sep. 05 2004,12:46)]So u won then?
rock.gif
Sorry, probably should have avoided using the schools abreviations.
tounge.gif

Yes we won:

Colorado State:24
Colorado:27

Venue:Folsom Field-Boulder, Colorado
Attendance:54,954

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Sep. 05 2004,20:57)]Attendance:54,954
Is that all? You should have seen the crowds we got when my oldsecondary school played.

54k! Rubbish!

rock.gif

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 05 2004,20:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Sep. 05 2004,20:57)]Attendance:54,954
Is that all? You should have seen the crowds we got when my oldsecondary school played.

54k! Rubbish!

rock.gif

tounge.gif
I know... mental, isn't it?!

wow.gif

To be fair, the Varsity rugby match will attract a full house (72,000?) at Twickenham... but that's one game a season, and it only involves two universities...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2004,01:04)]That sport is too much like Rugby League, in my opnion....
Since when?
Sorry but any form of rugby is far superior to the nancy boy's game that is American football. It's like chess played by men in body armour. It's no coincidence that it's only played in N. America, it's an absolutely rubbish game.
I'm not a fan by the way...!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Sep. 06 2004,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2004,01:04)]That sport is too much like Rugby League, in my opnion....
Since when?
Quite. How the hell is American football anything like Rugby league, other than the shape of the ball?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 06 2004,13:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Sep. 06 2004,13:30)]
[b said:
Since when?
Quite. How the hell is American football anything like Rugby league, other than the shape of the ball?
Cos there both sh*te
biggrin.gif

Attendance was probably more than that, but since thats the official capacity they probably just posted that as the official total. I'm sure they oversold they game, though, all of the student tickets are general admission, so no one would ever notice.

I just found a good picture of the field to share with you all. The stadium was built in the early 1920's and is located in the middle of campus.

aerial.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Sep. 06 2004,23:05)]Attendance was probably more than that, but since thats the official capacity they probably just posted that as the official total.  I'm sure they oversold they game, though, all of the student tickets are general admission, so no one would ever notice.

I just found a good picture of the field to share with you all.  The stadium was built in the early 1920's and is located in the middle of campus.

aerial.jpg
Seth i notice that the stadium only has 3 sides.is there a reason for this,as the old varsity stadium here in Toronto was exactly the same.

I'm not sure why the stadium is built this way, but I'll ask my friend who is a architectural engineering major. The old Mile High Stadium was also built like this, so I'm assuming there is a reason behind it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Sep. 07 2004,00:05)]Attendance was probably more than that, but since thats the official capacity they probably just posted that as the official total. I'm sure they oversold they game, though, all of the student tickets are general admission, so no one would ever notice.

I just found a good picture of the field to share with you all. The stadium was built in the early 1920's and is located in the middle of campus.

aerial.jpg
Has it been added to since the 20's? Looks like it was.

Seth - it's fair to say that that's slightly different to your average English university's sports ground!

I went to Fenners to watch Cambridge University play Derbyshire... needless to say, there were no more than about 20 people watching... 6 of which were me and my friends, near the boundary rope, having a picnic!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 07 2004,12:30)]Seth - it's fair to say that that's slightly different to your average English university's sports ground!

I went to Fenners to watch Cambridge University play Derbyshire... needless to say, there were no more than about 20 people watching... 6 of which were me and my friends, near the boundary rope, having a picnic!

smile.gif
Matt, are you sure that wasn't Layer Road?

laugh.gif

Back