• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roll on November

So the 5000 who got the loaves and fishes were all given them in secret ?

And could this "quote" equally apply to Princess Di ?

Don't think she was ever quoted as having given money. It was her visible support that brought prominence to some of those - many of them unfashionable - charities at that time.

And as for the parable of the loaves and the fishes, that is completely different, it was sharing the food amongst those gathered, so not really an act of charity. This has made me try and find that long old thread we had earlier on in the year about Religion, but I can't seem to find it - it's referred to around the 10th June, if anyone can dig it up for me I'd be grateful.

Don't think she was ever quoted as having given money. It was her visible support that brought prominence to some of those - many of them unfashionable - charities at that time.

And as for the parable of the loaves and the fishes, that is completely different, it was sharing the food amongst those gathered, so not really an act of charity. This has made me try and find that long old thread we had earlier on in the year about Religion, but I can't seem to find it - it's referred to around the 10th June, if anyone can dig it up for me I'd be grateful.

No reference to Charity or Money in the original passage, just "Acts of Righteousness"

Which according to this definition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Righteousness strikes me as exactly what Di got up to

Sorry, I don't agree, her role was there to highlight the charities not in a personally beneficent way, look at how the Aids charities suddenly became fashionable when she was pictured holding the hands of Aids sufferers, and the land mine crusade and how high profile that became. Her highlighting them brought them to the attention of others who donated to the causes which is not at all the same as Angelina Jolie has done.

Sorry, I don't agree, her role was there to highlight the charities not in a personally beneficent way, look at how the Aids charities suddenly became fashionable when she was pictured holding the hands of Aids sufferers, and the land mine crusade and how high profile that became. Her highlighting them brought them to the attention of others who donated to the causes which is not at all the same as Angelina Jolie has done.

So the Queen of Hearts b****ks was completely unintentional and absolutely nothing to do with raising her flagging public profile.

Fair call, I have complete misunderstood her

As an aside , did you see Star Stories this week ? great send up of Heather Mills .. Lady Di appeared in both this weeks and last weeks (Elton John)

No, is this a new series, if it is I'd missed the fact it was on again.

Back