• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - HMRC Case Dismissal - Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did we sign a player on tuesday surly that would not be aloud if we was under an embargo .

Its no me you have to convince its the club knockers who keep rakeing it up each time we dont bring in who they think the club should .

HMRC own the club lots of money in compensation, because it’s was them who put us in embargo and cost us our football league status.
I think you'll find it was because we were late paying some members of our staff. Nothing to do with HMRC

Agreed, but it is a strange conundrum. On one hand our financial problems have facilitated our drop out of the EFL, but on the other hand the owner has propped up the club on a monthly basis to stave off a worse fate.
For 20 years, I honestly think he wants to do the best for the club but his pockets aren't deep enough for the modern football business

For 20 years, I honestly think he wants to do the best for the club but his pockets aren't deep enough for the modern football business
I think that sums it up. He's tried to do it by raising capital from the clubs assets, but it's a difficult route. A personally wealthy backer would have completed it by now

I think that sums it up. He's tried to do it by raising capital from the clubs assets, but it's a difficult route. A personally wealthy backer would have completed it by now
Yeah just look at Salford, forest Green, Stockport etc.

Mind you when that wealthy personal backer walks away the results can be horrific

Councils give planning consent not owners of football clubs. No matter how wealthy.

Councils give planning consent not owners of football clubs. No matter how wealthy.
So you're saying the sole reason this project has taken forever (and still isn't ready) is due to the council ? The reason Sainsbury's and others has pulled out, is solely due to the council ?

If Ron had gone to trial and been found guilty. There would several pages and endless threads of how he has diverted essential money towards his defence. Some were already claiming that on here as well as a big reason why others wouldn’t lend or do business with.

So those that have claimed the VAT man owes him compensation have a very valid point.

I wonder if the fact they are based in Southend led to some ‘wishful thinking’ during the investigation.

If Ron had gone to trial and been found guilty. There would several pages and endless threads of how he has diverted essential money towards his defence. Some were already claiming that on here as well as a big reason why others wouldn’t lend or do business with.
I wonder if he did he use the clubs money for this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back