• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron martin...No wonder we are in Debt

nnatt76

Youth Team
I was having lunch on saturday afternoon in Ugo's in leigh when in walked Ron Martin with his wife + kids and some of his kids friends.

I couldn't help but notice that he and his wife Ordered x2 pasta dishes x2 glasses of wine (Lehman Shiraz i think) plus 4 classes of cola for the kids......

my point being that in the uncertain times and with 8 million £'s of debts would it not have been better if he and Mrs Martin had x2 small glasses of house red and maybe that instead of x4 colas he brought x2 and asked for x4 straws....

failing that i think the Wimpy further down the Broadway were having a familly fun day ...

Your Views ?

Chickstop on the Broadway would have been the better (if not the safer) option.

Mind you, it's his money and he can spend it were he wants.

It's not really expensive in Ugos anyway. The main problem is that it is full of elderly Leigh divorced types who think they are still in their 20's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 04 2004,13:30)]I was having lunch on saturday afternoon in Ugo's in leigh when in walked Ron Martin with his wife + kids and some of his kids friends.

I couldn't help but notice that he and his wife Ordered x2 pasta dishes x2 glasses of wine (Lehman Shiraz i think) plus 4 classes of cola for the kids......

my point being that in the uncertain times and with 8 million £'s of debts would it not have been better if he and Mrs Martin had x2 small glasses of house red and maybe that instead of x4 colas he brought x2 and asked for x4 straws....

failing that i think the Wimpy further down the Broadway were having a familly fun day ...

Your Views ?
Yeah, how dare he spend his money however and whenever he wants. I expect him to at least ask my approval before he even goes out of the house.

well spotted sir. Also why didn't uncle ron take advantage of the two for one Burger King voucher in his season ticket book? why? I tell you why- because the scrounger freeloads and doesn't buy a book. By my reckoning two rows of us hard strapped payers are subsidising Uncle Ron to sit in the best seat in the stadium, right by the commentary, right by the exit, right by the exec buffet bar and waitress service.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.
--

I'm off to have a look through his bin bags.

nnatt76 , what delights were you partaking in the afore-mentioned caff ?
Why wasn't Ron in fancy dress in Rochdale ?
We should be told.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 04 2004,13:30)]Your Views ?
In true Steve1510 tradition!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>YAWN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

Ron Martin does have his own money believe it or not and can spend it how he likes&#33;

Join the real world nnatt76&#33;

I was supping a couple of bottles of Nastro and leering over a table of posh birds in tight tops

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 04 2004,13:44)]I was supping a couple of bottles of Nastro and leering over a table of posh birds in tight tops
Pervert&#33;

(Pssst&#33; Where did you say this place is?
rock.gif
)
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif

My god are people that thick ( yes i actually think they are ) and missed the fact that i was joking....

Sweet Jesus ....i despair i really do

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 04 2004,13:37)]Yeah, how dare he spend his money however and whenever he wants. I expect him to at least ask my approval before he even goes out of the house.
He didn&#39;t ask my permission either. Damn him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 04 2004,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 04 2004,13:37)]Yeah, how dare he spend his money however and whenever he wants. I expect him to at least ask my approval before he even goes out of the house.
He didn't ask my permission either.  Damn him.
Why yours? I asked first!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 04 2004,13:45)]My god are people that thick ( yes i actually think they are ) and missed the fact that i was joking....

So you&#39;re saying he had three pasta dishes?&#33;?

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ May 04 2004,13:45)]My god are people that thick ( yes i actually think they are ) and missed the fact that i was joking....

Sir&#33;

Under the strict terms of B.O.L.A.C.S you are not allowed to exercise humour on this board without prior censorship&#33;

All future jokes MUST be placed before the B.O.L.A.C.S. Humour Committee&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ May 04 2004,14:51)]All future jokes MUST be placed before the B.O.L.A.C.S. Humour Committee&#33;
Hope you don&#39;t sit on that committee coz your humour is sh*te&#33;

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 04 2004,14:02)]Hope you don&#39;t sit on that committee coz your humour is sh*te&#33;

tounge.gif
Did you know it&#39;s Star Wars day today?..........

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

May the 4th be with you&#33;
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 04 2004,13:46)]
[b said:
He didn't ask my permission either.  Damn him.
Strangely enough he asked for my permission. I told him he couldn't go, so I'll have to give him some stern beatings make him think twice about disobeying me again!
mad.gif
laugh.gif

And cut.

He&#39;s in Ugo&#39;s every Friday evening.

So what. His money.

Back