• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Don't want to spoil your fun but Ron never paid anywhere near £500,000 for the dome
How odd that you didn’t chose to correct this figure when it was banded around at the time when people thought it was a sign that Ron had everything under control and on track to deliver his golden pension pot!

so does anyone know what day the debt to the HMRC is being settled this week, and when we will be seeing our three new signings all sitting in the East stand with a blue and white scarf? Ted with his Blue and yellow scarf from the first time round

How odd that you didn’t chose to correct this figure when it was banded around at the time when people thought it was a sign that Ron had everything under control and on track to deliver his golden pension pot!

How odd that your a fake Col U fan

How odd that your a fake Col U fan
Why would anyone claim to be a Col U fan if they weren’t?
I’ve been entirely honest about my identity, it’s you that keeps being vague about just why you are so protective about dear old Uncle Ron.
Hypothetically if someone chose to believe that you would financially benefit from Ron World and then read your posts about him back things would make more sense!

It's just like reading Pravda

'I know I said I was going to sign 6 players but against all the odds we suddenly lost some matches and had a home match postponed.

I astutely realized that we are going to get relegated and also I had run out of readies to pay people so I used my massive business brain and changed my mind.'

There's an article in today's Echo from Ron in which he insists that he still has a good relationship with Sol and that he intends to invest £600k into the club, presumably for HMRC bills. He's making the investment rather than selling players. He added that there were offers for Elvis, Humphrys and Charlie Kelman. Nothing we didn't know but at leat he's saying it openly. The article is too long to paraphrase but it will probably appear on here today some time.

There's an article in today's Echo from Ron in which he insists that he still has a good relationship with Sol and that he intends to invest £600k into the club, presumably for HMRC bills. He's making the investment rather than selling players. He added that there were offers for Elvis, Humphrys and Charlie Kelman. Nothing we didn't know but at leat he's saying it openly. The article is too long to paraphrase but it will probably appear on here today some time.
In the article he says it was the run of poor results leading up to the transfer window that led to him changing his mind about signings. Surely it was precisely that run of poor results against teams in the lower half of the table that made it all the more important to sign some fresh legs. Disingenuous at best, or wilfully misleading when we all know there wasn't any money there for new signings.

isnt that all snippets form his interview that was published in full last week?
Basically yes, with the exception of the bit about his relationship with Sol. At the moment the main Echo site only shows the article about why he didn't recruit. So maybe it's CP rehashing with the Sol bit headlining.

Basically yes, with the exception of the bit about his relationship with Sol. At the moment the main Echo site only shows the article about why he didn't recruit. So maybe it's CP rehashing with the Sol bit headlining.

OK cool, not seen the echo today but I n=know in the main interview he said his relationship with Sol was fine and that he didnt recruit after seeing results against those around us during Jan

Nice of Ron to give up in Jan...would have been nice to be offered a refund on the season ticket as I too would have given up ......As for the 600k bill ,it would only have been 597k if he had decided against giving the Dudd 3 grand....money can't be that tight then!

New Echo article:

Blues crowned L1 champions with a 1-0 home win against Bristol City

this was all part of the interview last week that the Echo published. Sure I read all that then.

Maybe a slow news day for the Echo

This is outrageous, but not totally surprising, I'm pleased I have ended my relationship with this man. He's corrupt and everything he is involved with is tainted. Its just sad its come to this.

Absolutely, but it is not like it does not happen all over the country every week. It's totally wrong of course unless the club benefit in some way. And therein lies the problem, how do you, I or anyone differentiate between Ron, SUFC or any of his other multi company hats when one man wears them all.

Back