• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 06 2005,18:16)]There all bitter that Flavs rammed all the clueless clique"s comments down there throats Tony. I am convnced that they would rather he had blundered hence keeping us in the bottom division than pulling off those breathtaking saves. No idea some people, probably never played the game any of em!
Agreed!

They haven't got a clue!

Flav's IMHO is better than Roycey and on par with Supper Sammy!

Darryl Flahavan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 06 2005,18:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 06 2005,18:04)]Yes we must keep Flav's Matt The Shrimp, look at all the games he has saved our blushes in this season.
Read my post, for goodness' sake.  Mine is not an anti-Flavs post.  Substitute whichever player you like - Freddy, Spinner, Barrett etc.

There is not one single player in the squad for whom it's worth damaging the club's wage structure.  I'd rather have a solvent club in the bottom flight than a bankrupt one in League One.

And even if I haven't been a footballer, I do know a little bit about insolvency law, and the need of a business to balance its books - something which you (and perhaps wiggy) are seemingly overlooking...

rock.gif

Matt
But we need to keep Darryl at all costs!

If it weren't for him we probably wouldn't be in League one next season, we'd be facing trips to Carlisle and Barnet etc.

Darryl must stay!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 06 2005,18:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ June 06 2005,18:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ June 06 2005,18:16)]There all bitter that Flavs rammed all the clueless clique"s comments down there throats Tony. I am convnced that they would rather he had blundered hence keeping us in the bottom division than pulling off those breathtaking saves. No idea some people, probably never played the game any of em!
Did you watch the play-off final?

Flahavan did more than anyone to try and keep us in the basement division. He was shocking and was exposed as incompotent on more than one occasion.
Are you Clique mamber number one or a total wind up merchant???

Get a grip dude!!!
I have explained on more than one occasion why I believe Flahavan isn't up to scratch. I have provided examples of occasions he cocked up, ie when he dropped the ball TWICE and Bentley and Wilson had to clear off the line.

I have also explained that whilst his save v Northampton looked good, a better goalkeeper who can read the game, would have come and cut out the cross (which was inside the 6 yard box). The best players make the game look easy.

Please explain why Griemink is a liability.

Carry on running the club the way you have been doing do,do,ron,ron,ron,do,do,ron,ron.yea the club is fine.yea the players will sign.yea it just takes time do,do,ron,ron,ron,do,do,ron,ron.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ June 06 2005,19:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ June 06 2005,18:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ June 06 2005,18:23)]
[b said:
Did you watch the play-off final?

Flahavan did more than anyone to try and keep us in the basement division. He was shocking and was exposed as incompotent on more than one occasion.
Are you Clique mamber number one or a total wind up merchant???

Get a grip dude!!!
I have explained on more than one occasion why I believe Flahavan isn't up to scratch. I have provided examples of occasions he cocked up, ie when he dropped the ball TWICE and Bentley and Wilson had to clear off the line.

I have also explained that whilst his save v Northampton looked good, a better goalkeeper who can read the game, would have come and cut out the cross (which was inside the 6 yard box). The best players make the game look easy.

Please explain why Griemink is a liability.
So what about the mistakes Wilson has made and Flavs has got him out jail on more than one occasion.

Griemink has made silly hadling errors in some of the games i've seen him in. He also looks cumbersome!

Flav's is superb and the best keeper since Sammy!

OMG - seems that the word clique is going to be bouncing around for a while yet, is this a new word people have just learnt?
rock.gif

As it seems to being used a lot in the wrong context.

Clique - A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

Exclusive - Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.

So i think the issue of Flavs or Bart is down to opinion rather than some little club that only select people are allowed to join.

At the beginning of the season I preferred Barts to Flavs, however after watching the games since Xmas I can appreciate what Flavs did for our promotion cause with some very important saves aqnd how he appeared to have learnt some new aspects to his game. However watching the Play off final he went back to his old ways of coming for balls that he never had a hope of getting. Luckily the ball never fell kindly for Lincoln so he was not punished.

So which group do I belong to neither, because I can appreciate that both keepers are slightly different and offer different things. What is important is which one is going to be consistent next year.

Tony i get the feelin that hong kong blue has only been to one game this season i agree flavs is a quality keeper in the lower divisions and has kept us in many games and gained us countless points.
Yes he has his faults hes not great at comming for crosses but lets face it if he was good at this he would be at a much higher level.
I like you just cant believe the sort of posts that we get on here.
Makes you wonder what sort of football upbringing they really have?
As for Che and nicky i feel ron is rite to offer them realistic contracts as im sure they will be squad players at best and we should be looking to strengthen in these areas so spend the money accordingley.

Well, I would say that, although Flavs did his part for us last year in getting promoted, and I am a big admirer of Flavs as a keeper, he is not as big a player for the club as, sya, Barrett and Prior are, for example. I still think he will sign up for next year anyway.

Quite frankly I'm not really too bothered re new contracts. The most important thing is that all our "key" players are all under contract for at least another year. I'd like to Che to stay as he's versatile and has done well this season but I'd also like Tilly to bring in a natural left-footer at left-back to provide him with stiff competition as I'm still not sure Wilson will be that great in League One. Nicolau has had one cracking and one half-decent game since coming back into the side but quite frankly was poor during the vast majority of the other games he has played this season and IMHO doesn't deserve a decent increase on his current deal which he wants so can also go if he wants. As for Falvs yes he's been pretty good since coming back into the side but still worries me greatly in the air and if he doesn't re-sign then good luck to him but I won't be too bothered. The only player I do really want to sign on again is Duds.

Have faith! I guarantee that for however many leave this Summer Tilly/Brush will make sure they bring in better players to replace them - after all they haven't made a single mistake in the transfer market up til now.

And a word for Ron Martin - he's not tight, if the players have deserved significant pay rises he'd give it to them. I'm just thankful we have a Chairman(ish) who's running our club in the correct manner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ June 06 2005,19:38)]Tony i get the feelin that hong kong blue has only been to one game this season i agree flavs is a quality keeper in the lower divisions and has kept us in many games and gained us countless points.
Yes he has his faults hes not great at comming for crosses but lets face it if he was good at this he would be at a much higher level.
As for Che and nicky i feel ron is rite to offer them realistic contracts as im sure they will be squad players at best and we should be looking to strengthen in these areas so spend the money accordingley.
It wont be long before this thread is locked
biggrin.gif

Seems par for the course really!!

I agree with your last post, make's you wonder what matches these people watch!

What more do they want from a goalkeeper??

Perhaps they would like a keeper like the great Eric Steele or calamity Prudhoe/Emberson. Perhaps they then would be happy.

Well seriously!

If it weren't for Darryl, we wouldn't be in league one quite simply next season!

Except you can't possibly say that because you don't know how Bart would have played.
If he was just getting to form as he got injured then maybe he would have played even better then Flavsand not dropped the balls in the play off final and maybe we would have been promoted automatically.
Its all ifs and buts because we don't know what would have happened if he hadn't got injured.
I can't really make a comment as i haven't seen enough of Bart and one of the few which i imagine was his worst for the club (Luton) he was awful in.
So maybe Tonythe Kray and Wiggy should stop giving it all the 'your not proper football fans, you have know knowledge of football, you don't know what you are talking about' because the Bart lovers can say exactly the same back to you but aren't.
And for the record Flavs is nowhere near as good as Sammy and if he was as good as Royce surely a Prem team would be sniffing around or at least a championship league 1 team would have offered him a contract when he left the club a couple of years ago.

Flav, Che and Nick have one thing in common. There is not a queue of clubs hounding their signatures and if one did come in we would not get a bean for any of them. perhaps if they thought about that they would see that they are not unappreciated but nor are they being offered derisory deals. They should be grateful to be contracted to a league club so that they can ply their trade. There will be many footballers of equal or better talent on the dole queue this summer. I do not want them to go but not one of them is irreplacable. This coming season is the perfect opportunity for all of them to prove their worth. Get on with it lads!
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ June 06 2005,19:57)]Except you can't possibly say that because you don't know how Bart would have played.
If he was just getting to form as he got injured then maybe he would have played even better then Flavsand not dropped the balls in the play off final and maybe we would have been promoted automatically.
Its all ifs and buts because we don't know what would have happened if he hadn't got injured.
I can't really make a comment as i haven't seen enough of Bart and one of the few which i imagine was his worst for the club (Luton) he was awful in.
So maybe Tonythe Kray and Wiggy should stop giving it all the 'your not proper football fans, you have know knowledge of football, you don't know what you are talking about' because the Bart lovers can say exactly the same back to you but aren't.
And for the record Flavs is nowhere near as good as Sammy and if he was as good as Royce surely a Prem team would be sniffing around or at least a championship league 1 team would have offered him a contract when he left the club a couple of years ago.
Roycey was a poor kicker!

Darryl is better!

The reason a Premier$hite club hasn't been in for him is Flav's' Height! Not exactly the tallest is he.
No bigger clubs want to take the risk on him. Their loss our gain.

THE CLIQUE IS BACK, LONG LIVE THE CLIQUE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ June 06 2005,19:38)]Tony i get the feelin that hong kong blue has only been to one game this season i agree flavs is a quality keeper in the lower divisions and has kept us in many games and gained us countless points.
FYI I've been to enough games this season (approximately 40), not to mention previous seasons, in order to witness countless examples of Flahavan's poor judgment exposing us.

The play-off final was merely one such example. I also mentioned his "wonder" save v Northampton which, IMHO, a better keeper would have not been required to make as they would have cut out the cross which was inside the 6 yard box. Have a look at the number of goals we've conceded from corners: Oxford, Orient, Lincoln etc, where the lack of a proper goalkeeper has cost us and has forced our defenders to defend too deep.

I could also mention Boston at home, which was one of the worse bits of goalkeeping I have had the misfortune to witness. To remind you, we were 2-0 up and cruising, when Flahavan rushes out of his penalty area without a hope of getting the ball and gets sent off. That act of gross stupidity (especially without a keeper on the bench) merely highlights his poor judgment.

I can't imagine either Shay Given (rated 8million Newcastle) or Barthez(7.8million to Man utd, world cup winner/ eurochampionship winner) is much taller then Flavs if at all.
All this height stuff is rubbish, if Flavs could do better on crosses then it wouldn't matter how high he is and i'd much rather choose a keeper who could catch a cross then one who can't kick particularly well.
And ok forgetting the Prem teams, Flavs has been avaliable on a free before as he had no club and he is avaliable on a free now because he has no contract but i don't see a queue of Champ teams or even league 1 teams clammering for his signiture.
Is his Premier$hite class talent only something you can see yet no qualified manager in the top three flights can?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ June 06 2005,20:05)]
[b said:
FYI I've been to enough games this season (approximately 40), not to mention previous seasons, in order to witness countless examples of Flahavan's poor judgment exposing us.

The play-off final was merely one such example. I also mentioned his "wonder" save v Northampton which, IMHO, a better keeper would have not been required to make as they would have cut out the cross which was inside the 6 yard box. Have a look at the number of goals we've conceded from corners: Oxford, Orient, Lincoln etc, where the lack of a proper goalkeeper has cost us and has forced our defenders to defend too deep.

I could also mention Boston at home, which was one of the worse bits of goalkeeping I have had the misfortune to witness. To remind you, we were 2-0 up and cruising, when Flahavan rushes out of his penalty area without a hope of getting the ball and gets sent off. That act of gross stupidity (especially without a keeper on the bench) merely highlights his poor judgment.
Why do you keep on going about the play off final!

Flav's had hardly anything to do! Plus he made some important saves!

You keep on about all the mistakes Flav's has made, yet miss Bart's ones!

That save at home to NTFC in the play-offs was superb, prob the best ever from a SUFC keeper!

Your comment "where the lack of a proper goalkeeper has cost us and has forced our defenders to defend too deep", what on earth are you on??

What more do you want from a keeper???

We're promoted for god-sake, get behind Daryll!

UNREAL!!

THE CLIQUE IS BACK!!!

Ok, let's try again to get this post back on track....NO PLAYER IS WORTH BREAKING THE BANK FOR!. Not Flavs, Freddy, Barrett.....nobody!

We have finally got out of that god forsken division, the reason we went down there in the first place was through financial mis-management and we don't want to make those mistakes all over again. So if Che and Nicky won't sign then big deal....it's a buyers market and there are more players than spaces in squads. We will get players at least as good for the wages we are offering and I suspect both of them know it which is why I think they'll both sign - but as I said, if they don't then big deal.

Those of us who say we won't keep Flavs at all costs are not knocking him. If we had Wayne bloody Rooney on the books I'd still only pay him what we could afford - that's called business kiddies, you may learn about it in school one day!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 06 2005,20:26)]Ok, let's try again to get this post back on track....NO PLAYER IS WORTH BREAKING THE BANK FOR!. Not Flavs, Freddy, Barrett.....nobody!

We have finally got out of that god forsken division, the reason we went down there in the first place was through financial mis-management and we don't want to make those mistakes all over again. So if Che and Nicky won't sign then big deal....it's a buyers market and there are more players than spaces in squads. We will get players at least as good for the wages we are offering and I suspect both of them know it which is why I think they'll both sign - but as I said, if they don't then big deal.

Those of us who say we won't keep Flavs at all costs are not knocking him. If we had Wayne bloody Rooney on the books I'd still only pay him what we could afford - that's called business kiddies, you may learn about it in school one day!
Barrett, Flav's and Freddy are worth breaking the bank for!

biggrin.gif

I see what your saying, but its just a wind up when people on here slate Flahavan!

We must keep him as i cant see us getting an equally good goalkeeper! Tilly likes him alot, and i'm sure it will all be sorted out one way or the other. And Daryll will be a league one player for Southend next season!

biggrin.gif

Back