• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron has always been happy to engage directly.

Ive spoken to him on numerous occassions over the years.

Personally speaking, if I came to work on Monday and was greeted with a bucket load of emails from people I didn't recognise. I'd delete them. Ron knows how fans feel, as others have said, he is usually pretty communicative.

My view on all this is very simple. If PB and RM are guilty of anything it is in the hope they gave us that that we might do something this year in that they had a real go in the transfer market and brought in a number of players who have played at a higher level and who, it was hoped, would be able to compete over the course of the season and help us secure a top 6 finish. There weren't too many people on here in August and September who, based on the squad assembled, would have believed we would be where we are in January. Truth is, for a variety of reasons, it hasn't worked out. Good news is that t he mistakes have been acknowledged and at the first opportunity (January Transfer Window) the same guys are talking about addressing it. I'm happy to allow them to do that. Yes mistakes have been made by PB. Yes a number of senior professionals have underperformed. But instead of just changing the manager I advocate going down the route of giving him the opportunity to address the mistakes that have been made in this window and if he does that there is ample time to secure a respectable finish. The whole club can look at this again at the end of the season in the cold light of day without the knee jerk emotion. Learning from your mistakes is an important part of any job. If you don't then you can have no complaints if your let go. But bearing in mind the strides the club have made over the last few years (in general) I do think he deserves an opportunity to turn things around - if he is still up for it.

Some nice non-emotional understanding of the situation IMO.

I think Ron knows all about the Brown Out banner, held up at yesterday’s game. It’s a clear messag, I’m really surprised he has not gone last week, enough is enough, this long ball rubbish

I think Ron knows all about the Brown Out banner, held up at yesterday’s game. It’s a clear messag, I’m really surprised he has not gone last week, enough is enough, this long ball rubbish

I am glad Ron doesn’t make a decision based on one banner at an away game...

I am glad Ron doesn’t make a decision based on one banner at an away game...

Agreed. Looking at the photograph the average age of the boys holding it up looked about 16.

They are of course entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else (disclaimer).

Agreed. Looking at the photograph the average age of the boys holding it up looked about 16.

They are of course entitled to their opinion as much as anyone else (disclaimer).

But you can count the times we've played well this year on one hand. PB seems clueless no plan B dreadful football and dreadful tactics. 1 up front at home players out of position constant changes score a goal and we sit back for an onslaught. The ground has no atmosphere and we lose yet again and PB is on the radio commentating on a cup that we can't even get past the first round in. I for one have just had enough of PB and can't wait for a manager to come in with the Club at heart.

But you can count the times we've played well this year on one hand. PB seems clueless no plan B dreadful football and dreadful tactics. 1 up front at home players out of position constant changes score a goal and we sit back for an onslaught. The ground has no atmosphere and we lose yet again and PB is on the radio commentating on a cup that we can't even get past the first round in. I for one have just had enough of PB and can't wait for a manager to come in with the Club at heart.

spot on, I said on another post, if away teams can play the ball on the floor on our poor Roots Hall pitch, we should be able too.

we all know plan A is passing football, plan B, long ball hoof......Brown does not have a clue.

QWhat good is it going to do emailing him it will just make him more determined to keep brown at the helm.
the only way brown will go is if he quits and that’s not going to happen

Just a thought but how many people have emailed RM to say, despite expectation, he has done a good job keeping us afloat and continually invest in the team? Is it only poo we want to lay at his doorstep? Not only does he know how the fans feel but he feels it to.

spot on, I said on another post, if away teams can play the ball on the floor on our poor Roots Hall pitch, we should be able too.

we all know plan A is passing football, plan B, long ball hoof......Brown does not have a clue.

Really, all but about 2 or 3 away teams have played far worse than us and a number come to roots hall and stick 11 men behind the ball - maybe that's what we should start doing away from home!!

Just a thought but how many people have emailed RM to say, despite expectation, he has done a good job keeping us afloat and continually invest in the team? Is it only poo we want to lay at his doorstep? Not only does he know how the fans feel but he feels it to.

This is pretty much what I said to him and he was quite receptive. I also said all that effort to get the new ground up and running to be in L2 would be a waste so please get rid of Brown

This is pretty much what I said to him and he was quite receptive. I also said all that effort to get the new ground up and running to be in L2 would be a waste so please get rid of Brown

I am sure Ron knows more about th current situation. No email from a fan is going to make him see anything new or help him with his business strategy...

I very much doubt he is sitting in bed tonight thinking, “ah, thank **** everyone emailed me today...I hadn’t notIced the fans were upset and the team were under performing. Now I wonder if there is a website where I could see a poll to see if I should replace Brown and maybe some suggestions who should be next...:facepalm:”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back