• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron Speaks

This was pretty concerning. It made it sound as if Tilly was trying to get another forward in.

That concerned me too.

I hope that was just one of Ron's legendary statements where he temporarily 'thinks' he is in fact Tilson for a few mental moments, before realising it was all just a dream...

What do people think Ron means when he talks about the "nought..cooperation" that the Echo are now going to receive from the club. Will that mean no interviews (?), Barrett's column going (?) and Chris Phillips being unable to commentate on BBC Essex?

no comment ;)

to be honest that's tended to be Tilly's solution for everything. I'd expect that when his washing machine breaks he'll phone up Ron Martin Warchest ltd and ask for a target man

Well, you say that in jest but I did see a bloke in blue overalls who looked a bit like Rory Fallon but with red hair get off the train at Wickford last night.

to be honest that's tended to be Tilly's solution for everything. I'd expect that when his washing machine breaks he'll phone up Ron Martin Warchest ltd and ask for a target man

SITUATION VACANT:
WANTED:
Quality Striker capable of scoring at least one in three games. Loan situation can be arranged.
Hard working but toothless target man need not apply.

Try using your own mind instead of bandwagon jumping again .. cures not finger pointing

Oh sorry, i forgot are you Mr anti-Revell leaving, Mr anti-GK, Mr anti-Ron or Mr Mr anti-squad is too small ??

Its like the Judean Peoples Front all over

SPLITTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solidarity Reg!!

Haha, love it - "Martin McNeil is a Colchester supporter"

Geoff King take note - this is how you speak to your paying customers

It's an interesting statement, without a doubt. Leaving aside the criticism of the Echo which is well over the top and - speaking as someone who knows the Echo well - laughable at times, there are undoubtably some good points made by the chairman, notably concerning Revell's loan move.

I felt it was ruined slightly by the above claim about Martin McNeill which I know to be false. And also that he goes on about errors in the Echo article but can't actually spell the editor's name right himself. Not as big an error as an extra nought but even so.

But credit where credit is due I did question where Ron was and it appears he has been locked in his office for 24 hours preparing this.

Last edited:
I just hope this whole Echo stuff doesn't hide the real problems and the questions that really need answering - get answered!

The article goes from the utterly sublime to the utter ridiculous. I mean a) good defence - my arse. We dont actually have a defence! b) King's comment re: Revs. c) general personal digs at individuals!

I hope we just get a bit of clarity on the matter and it would actually be nice to hear from Tilly!!!

Kev

Not a single fear laid to rest.

No mention of the stadium that was due to start in the summer, no word of definate loan signings next week (or god forbid a permanent signing), and worst of all he is happy with having 4 defenders in the squad, one of which has only played 10 games, and another one is Sankofa.

Pointless utterly pointless statement just slamming the Echo, which was totally obvious.

The only fact in there at all was about Prior, which is immaterial really.

Very dissapointed, and I am normally a RM fan.

Good rant Ron

Some Echo type mistakes surely 20K for Macca not 200K, crap defence not good defence.

Back to Revell - I always liked his enthusiasm which is more you can say for `sicknote` Freedman

Not a single fear laid to rest.

No mention of the stadium that was due to start in the summer, no word of definate loan signings next week (or god forbid a permanent signing), and worst of all he is happy with having 4 defenders in the squad, one of which has only played 10 games, and another one is Sankofa.

Pointless utterly pointless statement just slamming the Echo, which was totally obvious.

The only fact in there at all was about Prior, which is immaterial really.

Very dissapointed, and I am normally a RM fan.

Nicely summed up. Very true.

I always liked his enthusiasm which is more you can say for `sicknote` Freedman

Ah, I see you're one of those posters who assess commitment by the number of yellow cards you pick up.

You must LOVE Grant...

Ah, I see you're one of those posters who assess commitment by the number of yellow cards you pick up.

You must LOVE Grant...

WTF?! Grant has been one of our best players this season even though he's played out of position! put him in CM and he's the best we've got. Non stop work rate, up and down the pitch and always lively.

And Revell showed FAR more enthusiasmn than Freedman!

WTF?! Grant has been one of our best players this season even though he's played out of position! put him in CM and he's the best we've got. Non stop work rate, up and down the pitch and always lively.

And Revell showed FAR more enthusiasmn than Freedman!

The problem is that Freedman has shown FAR more abilty to score goals than Revell, and I'm not even that big a fan of Dougie.

Was thinking that Tilly's match preview is usually out by now ........isn't it? Perhaps this statement is replacing it? Was looking forward to listening to Tilly following the events of the last couple of days.

Back