• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron Speaks

The problem is that Freedman has shown FAR more abilty to score goals than Revell, and I'm not even that big a fan of Dougie.

dont disagree with that but you cant say revells enthusiasm was any less than dougies at all. also i suspect dougie is on FAR more money than revell was, and he doesnt warrant it either

dont disagree with that but you cant say revells enthusiasm was any less than dougies at all

only less obviously, it's like comparing Tevez to Berbatov, players have different styles and Freedman's is more patient and intelligent compared to Revell who'll run himself into the ground. A player like Freedman doesn't get to the heights he has without being enthusiastic for the game.

only less obviously, it's like comparing Tevez to Berbatov, players have different styles and Freedman's is more patient and intelligent compared to Revell who'll run himself into the ground. A player like Freedman doesn't get to the heights he has without being enthusiastic for the game.

and the constant injuries too

No - do not approve of yellow cards for `enthusiasm` that is why I did not like Bailey or do not like Macca

Yeah my bad, I thought that read Barnard. Apologies RichieC.

I agree, Revell on the outside looks like a player who lends a team more due to his effort. But Freedman does lay off some great passes and has that bit more nous. A fully fit Freedman of 3 years back would be awesome.

Right now he's still struggling from what I've seen to connect his fast thinking brain with his slow running legs.

all the Revell slammers are coming out now he's gone. tut tut

i was impressed with him against Hull... however his impressive performances still don't see him opening up defences or scoring goals. Part of the issue is the midfield behind him, however I'd happily upgrade the team at his expense (my problem is that it isn't a dead cert that this will happen when the loan window re-opens).

all the Revell slammers are coming out now he's gone. tut tut

Well all the SUFC slammers were getting lonely this morning.

In the 4 or 5 weeks we were doing ok beforehand, there were about 8 current discussion threads on here. It's amazing what a 'crisis' week will do...

And I think you'll find most people have always thought the same thing around these parts about Revs; a great guy to have around, runs his arse off, witty and funny blogs, ultimately never going to get you 20 goals a year by his own admission.

I wish him very well and hope he finds someone great to link up with.

Last edited:
i was impressed with him against Hull... however his impressive performances still don't see him opening up defences or scoring goals. Part of the issue is the midfield behind him, however I'd happily upgrade the team at his expense (my problem is that it isn't a dead cert that this will happen when the loan window re-opens).

True, if the team is boosted with some good signings when the windows open then i wouldnt be unhappy but like you i have concern that it might not happen. We can hope

Try using your own mind instead of bandwagon jumping again .. cures not finger pointing

Oh sorry, i forgot are you Mr anti-Revell leaving, Mr anti-GK, Mr anti-Ron or Mr Mr anti-squad is too small ??

Its like the Judean Peoples Front all over

SPLITTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely you mean the Peoples Front of Judea.;)

Try using your own mind instead of bandwagon jumping again .. cures not finger pointing

Oh sorry, i forgot are you Mr anti-Revell leaving, Mr anti-GK, Mr anti-Ron or Mr Mr anti-squad is too small ??

Its like the Judean Peoples Front all over

SPLITTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you not mean the Front for Judean People

Double the humour eh John

Ron doesn't speak he gets moaned at. Ron does speak he gets moaned at. I bet he loves this job!

£200,000 for McCormack? I don't who has less brain power. Us for not accepting it or Millwall for making that sort of bid in the first place!! That would've helped out so very much and we'd have cover for his loss. Dear me. :'(

Ron doesn't speak he gets moaned at. Ron does speak he gets moaned at. I bet he loves this job!

£200,000 for McCormack? I don't who has less brain power. Us for not accepting it or Millwall for making that sort of bid in the first place!! That would've helped out so very much and we'd have cover for his loss. Dear me. :'(

In your eyes maybe, but in mine they differ. Macca is an integral leader amongst men in our team and on his day is a damn fine player.
I'm glad we kept him and got rid of the other two wasters!

In your eyes maybe, but in mine they differ. Macca is an integral leader amongst men in our team and on his day is a damn fine player.
I'm glad we kept him and got rid of the other two wasters!

When are we going to get another £200,000 offer for anyone anytime soon though? For someone who has one good game in every eight or nine and with our financial position, it seems a little naive to reject it. Especially when it'd still leave us with Grant, Moussa, Sawyer and Christophe to choose from.

A small gesture by me but after about 20 years of it being delivered I have cancelled the Echo.

Fed up with their inaccuracies on many subjects.

UTB.

When are we going to get another £200,000 offer for anyone anytime soon though? For someone who has one good game in every eight or nine and with our financial position, it seems a little naive to reject it. Especially when it'd still leave us with Grant, Moussa, Sawyer and Christophe to choose from.

I refer you to my quote previous re Macca.

Everyone has a price, that is not enough sorry.

RM is doing what he does best - PR and BS.. Simple as - everyone knew this statement would be coming out like this.. Predictable. Nice he defends his Pal King as well.

I took that figure to mean the wages of Revell and Betsy combined - so about £2k a week each would sound more realistic.

Don't forget Calver's gone out on loan too - he'll whittle down the £4k figure a little bit too.

IMHO, if we've got Betsy, Calver and Revs on a combined £4k per week these day's that's pretty good vfm.

RM is doing what he does best - PR and BS.. Simple as - everyone knew this statement would be coming out like this.. Predictable. Nice he defends his Pal King as well.

J does what he does best, cynical and biased.........predictable

Back