• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Update

As far as I’m aware the supporters group have told him to poke this supposed Thursday zoom meeting up his arse sideways, want for a better phrase.?

I think it's only the SOS group who've effectively said they're not interested in continuing this discourse? Other groups have indicated they'd like to attend.

This call is to continue the promised fan engagement, which he's been criticised for not doing, and now seems to be criticised for actually doing.

I would guess that he'll give a load of waffle about how he's listened to the fans, has had a positive discussion with Stan about bringing in a CEO etc, and everything will sound rosy. It doesn't alter the fact that...can we afford a CEO ? (if we could, surely he would have had one in place, anyway)...will the CEO be given a full rundown of how he operates the club and what his various companies provide (I very much doubt it !).

Inside Martin Manor, 10am Wednesday 5th May 2021.

"Ah no another protest... what can I do to persuade them to not turn up this time..."

*Checks Phone Contacts*

- Mark Molesley... done that one to death now, need new content.

- Mick McCarthy... yep that worked a treat, what if I mention a player this time?

- Mario Mandzukic... Tell the fans I tried to sign him in 2018 but he scored in the world cup vs England and unfortunately that put him in Europe's elite shop window.

- Michael Owen... That could work. Tried to sign in Championship season, instead Tilson went for Michael Ricketts. Yes, Tilson's fault, not Ron's. Never Ron's.

"Another genius idea Ron... get me a pen and paper, I feel a statement coming on."

I hope so. He just goes off on a tangent without giving any concrete answers. Saying MM would definitely be the manager to the end of the season was the final straw for me.

Ever heard of the dreaded vote of confidence? Has happened since God was a boy and not limited Roots Hall. I suspect your mind has been made up about Ron for some time.

The absolute worst thing Ron could do is come out, as he usually does, blame everyone but himself and argue with supporters.

I think the best thing he could do is to hold his hands up, say “sorry, I ****ed up. I thought I could do it all myself and it’s evident now that I couldn’t. I’ve had positive meetings with Stan and the appointment of a footballing CEO to look after that side of things is the priority at the moment. You deserve better and I’m doing all I can to get things back on track and give you back a club you can be proud of.”

If it’s the same **** we’ve heard a million times before then all he’ll do is potentially encourage a few more fans down to the protest on Saturday who might have spent their afternoon in their armchair instead.

I hope Ron has read and taken note of the honest statement made by Grimsby (as on the general football thread).

We are now out of the league and what is the use of protesting about the season about to finish?
The demands should be for a realistic budget which can be immediately accessed by whoever the manager is going to be. We also need sufficient funds throughout the season to ensure efficient administration, sooner rather than later.
Martin out? Sounds good but what if he goes and he takes the club and the non existent assets with him?
Our only hope is to try to convince him to take next season seriously ie have a proper structure in place coupled with the available funds by June 1st.
But it is Southend...who knows?

I think it's only the SOS group who've effectively said they're not interested in continuing this discourse? Other groups have indicated they'd like to attend.

This call is to continue the promised fan engagement, which he's been criticised for not doing, and now seems to be criticised for actually doing.
Because it’s too little too late that’s why, we’re sick of his non stop nonsense I’d taking us for mugs with stupid statements, lies and thinking he’s doing us a favour by running the club.

now Is time for proper action, not zoom calls of which everyone knows the rubbish he’ll come out with once again, because quite frankly he can’t help himself.

Because it’s too little too late that’s why, we’re sick of his non stop nonsense I’d taking us for mugs with stupid statements, lies and thinking he’s doing us a favour by running the club.

now Is time for proper action, not zoom calls of which everyone knows the rubbish he’ll come out with once again, because quite frankly he can’t help himself.

Don't see why the protests and this communication have to be mutually exclusive. The protests are a show of our displeasure, and a show of unity between fans. There are no opportunities to ask questions at a protest.

The situation has changed since the supporter groups last spoke to the chairman. He can't hide away from relegation any more. He needs to say what the situation will be in the summer and how he plans to address the issues.

The protests will still happen to show the strength of feeling. Most people feel the same and are sick of the half-truths and bluster. But it seems perverse to demand improved communication and then not take up the opportunity to ask questions.

As mentioned in another universe, this'll just be another exercise in chucking certain people under the bus - that same bus he's driving. Hold your hands up brother, admit your faux pas and show some humility for a change....

I hope Ron has read and taken note of the honest statement made by Grimsby (as on the general football thread).

I'm sure when Ron secures a deal for people to take over we will get his most honest statement ever. Even in the Grimsby one they mentioned about have to keep quiet before it was finalised.

No sure why Rons words are so important to some. I'm the same with mangers, never listen to any interviews as they are meaningless.

The only thing that matters to me is actions, talk is cheap. I'll judge a team on their performance not a post match interview. Likewise i have no time for players who claim they love the club but showed no heart went it mattered

We are in the NL no words, statement or list of well answered questions will change my opinion on that. Besides I already know why.

Someone should take charge of that zoom and should ask the ones that effect us all.
The debt
Who will own the stadium.
Will it have a covenant that protects the clubs future
Funding and timescale for a main stand.
Etc

Those sort of things will be relevant even if Ron went after Saturday and they don't stop you making your point about Ron and others performance in recent seasons. Or wanting changes.

We are now out of the league and what is the use of protesting about the season about to finish?
The demands should be for a realistic budget which can be immediately accessed by whoever the manager is going to be. We also need sufficient funds throughout the season to ensure efficient administration, sooner rather than later.
Martin out? Sounds good but what if he goes and he takes the club and the non existent assets with him?
Our only hope is to try to convince him to take next season seriously ie have a proper structure in place coupled with the available funds by June 1st.
But it is Southend...who knows?
You don't understand what this protest is about it seems.

Don't see why the protests and this communication have to be mutually exclusive. The protests are a show of our displeasure, and a show of unity between fans. There are no opportunities to ask questions at a protest.

The situation has changed since the supporter groups last spoke to the chairman. He can't hide away from relegation any more. He needs to say what the situation will be in the summer and how he plans to address the issues.

The protests will still happen to show the strength of feeling. Most people feel the same and are sick of the half-truths and bluster. But it seems perverse to demand improved communication and then not take up the opportunity to ask questions.
Personally, I feel a meeting called couple of days before a protest devalues the protest in the first place, if groups agreed not to speak with Ron until after that shows a stronger message of unity than having a protest but still doing him the honour of your presence.

What’s wrong with this meeting is the timing not the fact it’s taking place, all groups put their names down behind it.
If they are behind it then they should clearly see that attending a meeting before a protest when it will be much of the same rubbish makes it look a bit weak.
That’s my view anyway, each to their own and it won’t stop all the groups being on the same page.
If you are going to take a hard line you take it and make the point, after the points been made then you see what the club have to say on reflection.

Have the meeting Saturday evening or Sunday, but Thursday when you have a protest Saturday lunch time? Not for me sadly

Last edited:

As I’ve said he’s had years to communicate properly but hasn’t, the last straws were his shocking attitude on the most recent zoom call, and statement which looked as though it had be written by a 5 year old.

enough is enough with Ron Martin, no more listening to his bull****.

He will have his phone with him in the meeting and a text ready to send saying.....URGENT EXIT REQUIRED

As I’ve said he’s had years to communicate properly but hasn’t, the last straws were his shocking attitude on the most recent zoom call, and statement which looked as though it had be written by a 5 year old.

enough is enough with Ron Martin, no more listening to his bull****.

It's not just about listening though is it? It's about getting our points across too. You can do that of course with a protest, but you are limited to what you can put on a banner or get hundreds of people to sing to a catchy tune.

AAS is fully supportive of the protests because fans have a right to be heard after what has been an utterly negligent three years. But we also welcome any opportunity to get in a virtual room with Ron and tell him what needs to be done from our point of view.

Whether we believe what he says in response, is up to the individual I suppose. But personally I don't want to be heading in a National League season without taking every opportunity I can to get my points across. Of course, he can choose to ignore it, like he can choose to ignore a protest. But I don't want to say I didn't try.

The timing seems convenient but I believe it was actually set for last week originally.

Every opportunity to speak with Ron should be taken. SOS not attending would be divisive when we need to unite.

Speaking to Ron on Thursday would not invalidate the protest on Saturday. Even if he says all of the right things, the protest should and will still happen.

It's not just about listening though is it? It's about getting our points across too. You can do that of course with a protest, but you are limited to what you can put on a banner or get hundreds of people to sing to a catchy tune.

AAS is fully supportive of the protests because fans have a right to be heard after what has been an utterly negligent three years. But we also welcome any opportunity to get in a virtual room with Ron and tell him what needs to be done from our point of view.

Whether we believe what he says in response, is up to the individual I suppose. But personally I don't want to be heading in a National League season without taking every opportunity I can to get my points across. Of course, he can choose to ignore it, like he can choose to ignore a protest. But I don't want to say I didn't try.

The timing seems convenient but I believe it was actually set for last week originally.
So you would not have an issue if it was re-arranged for after the protest?

It’s not all about banners and songs though is it?,
This will get the publicity it needs especially with recent goings on with the super league and man United which Ron will hate.

so far all these zoom calls and meetings have got you nowhere because Ron Martin will carry on giving you a load of flannel because it’s worked in the past.

Let’s get serious like Blackpool and charlton did which in the end got them results. Carrying on like you have been will get us one result which will liquidation.

Back