• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leathers20

First XI
after reading about our latest 3 listed players i was left speechless, three of our best players from last season being listed is not a step in the right direction in my opinion, these are the kind of players we should be holding onto!

On the other hand i completely agree that the club can not be held ransom by agents and demanding players who are here for money and not to play for the club.

I know its early in the transfer window, but its going to take a massive effort to get a starting 11 capable of staying up, let alone pushing for promotion in my opinion, especially with some of the teams in our league this year. And surely this can not help with enticing players to our club, we currently dont seem to actually have a team to join!

I've always been a big fan of big Ron, and admire how hes had always done his best to keep the fans updated with goings on, but im calling now for him to please make some sort of statement/explanation as to what is going on at the club! I sitting here completely baffled and disheartened at the moment and can't see us getting 10+ players, of the calibre we require, in over the transfer period.

Ron please speak to us!!!!

His comments on the OS about not being held to ransom by players and agents are the best you're going to get with this I reckon!

Personally see this as a big test on Ron Martin, he cannot back down on these 3 now, even if he wanted to, and the management will have to sell a club to new players, who will wear the shirt with pride, whilst getting the team in a position to draw in the " Bigger " crowds when/if the new stadium is built at FF.
Funnier things have happened but who's to say Capt Kev ,who loyalty is second to none including AB in coming back into the fold, we can do far worse

I think he needs to come out and make a statement pronto and tell us as fans EXACTLY what is going on. Its fairly easy to assume that the players couldn't agree on money, and in my book that is typical. However I guess really it's not fair to put blame on to anyone until we know what the score is. So come on Ron spill the beans - are you just tightening the purse strings and refusing to be held to ransom or is it something else?!

The thing is,Ron HAS made the statement of intent on the OS.
These players will NOT be holding the club to ransom,Ron has put them on the transfer list after failed negotiations with players who simply want more.

Can Ron add more to that??

The thing is,Ron HAS made the statement of intent on the OS.
These players will NOT be holding the club to ransom,Ron has put them on the transfer list after failed negotiations with players who simply want more.

Can Ron add more to that??

Well perhaps a plan of action? What they are going to do if all the players that are trasnfer listed and with no contracts end up leaving! Yes you are right that he has made a statement with respects to why they are transfer listed but what next?!

Well perhaps a plan of action? What they are going to do if all the players that are trasnfer listed and with no contracts end up leaving! Yes you are right that he has made a statement with respects to why they are transfer listed but what next?!
Suely thats obvious, if they leave he'll replace them with other players.

Last edited:
I agree, I think he needs to come out and expand on what he has said, what his feelings are, what the players in question have said, blah blah blah. Some reassurance and a 'don't panic' statement would be well received as would some idea of what they are doing to cover the potential losses of players.

The problem Ron Martin now has is that fans will forgive players of almost any sort of behaviour if they are any good. Chairmen don't get off that lightly.

Give someone a good hiding and do a few months inside? No problem as long as you keep scoring the goals.

Last edited:
The problem Ron Martin now has is that fans will forgive players of almost any sort of behaviour if they are any good. Chairmen don't get off that lightly.

Give someone a good hiding and do a few months inside? No problem as long as you keep scoring the goals.

not for one second am i blaming ron here, and feel he has been forced into these decisions by athe greedy agents. But as a fan on the outside looking in it does seem that something is going on between the players for so many to be leaving! also how are we going to replace these players, not just with any old player, but with the kind of players to put this club where we all want to see them! this is going to take more than a season to rebuild if all these players leave and i'd like to know how the club plan to bounce back from this

What good would a statement do? If Ron came out and said the club was tightening purse-strings, then he might as well tell every player in the country that the club won't be paying decent wages this season and to look elsewhere.

If there is a "something going on" in the dressing room and Ron is getting rid of the players that cause it then good on him. Look, you've got me doing it now. Not one of the players that has been listed has gone yet. Players get transfer-listed all the time, Glenn Whelan was tranfer-listed by Sheffield Wednesday a few years ago and raised his game so much he was their player of the season. If Ron feels the players need a kick up the backside then so be it.

taken from official site
"All three refused improved contracts... use these proceeds to reinvest back into the squad"#

fairly clear to me

What good would a statement do? If Ron came out and said the club was tightening purse-strings, then he might as well tell every player in the country that the club won't be paying decent wages this season and to look elsewhere.

If there is a "something going on" in the dressing room and Ron is getting rid of the players that cause it then good on him. Look, you've got me doing it now. Not one of the players that has been listed has gone yet. Players get transfer-listed all the time, Glenn Whelan was tranfer-listed by Sheffield Wednesday a few years ago and raised his game so much he was their player of the season. If Ron feels the players need a kick up the backside then so be it.

no need to tell players that we are poor payers they know.

Not expecting a statement any time soon tbh, although I'm sure there will be one at some point in the next few days. I still have faith.

taken from official site
"All three refused improved contracts... use these proceeds to reinvest back into the squad"#

fairly clear to me

But also fairly naive reasoning on RM's part I think. Players as good as these three wont be available at the snap of a finger. Also, countless times in football best players get sold from a club with the promise they will be replaced with the profits and then the money either gets spent on numerous inferior players or disappears into a black hole.

Back