• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall is the Canvas

N'Zamba Legend

Youth Team
Tilson has recently spoken about the need to bring in an experienced front-man to compliment the potential that he sees in the likes of Harrold and Hooper.

Could it be that that man is already among us, already part of the team? I believe that it is time for Tilson to be brave and relegate Lee Bradbury to the bench (for we need goals) and reinstall "Peter Taylor's daughter alleged lover" Billy Paynter to the first team.

Unlike others, I saw glimpses of finesse in the those scuffed shots at the start of the season and I am of the opinion that he could be the catalyst for a resurgent Blues attack.

Tiresome word-play aside, am I the only one in the BP=OK camp?

Recent games we've started to pick up points so I'd stick with the current team and system for now.

If things start to go Pete Tong again then that will be time for change.

If I remember correctly, the film from which you are quoting the line in the subject heading then proceeds with a guy going around torturing everyone

... I'd certainly prefer to have my fingers strapped to the steering wheel and dynamite shoved up my rectum than watch Billy Paynter run around Roots Hall failing to impersonate a £250,000 striker ever again.

I'd take Dakota Fanning up front over him.

it's amazing really, he's played what a few hundred minutes for us and some people have him down as bad as Tony Richards etc!

Jesus, give the guy a chance will ya!
mad.gif

Give the boy a chance, for Christ's sake!

Theirry Henry was sh!t for six months and he turned out alright.

Drogba was sh!t for two years and he's doing alright.

Poor old Paynter gets thrown into the side, fails to impress and you lot have got him down as Tony f%cking Richards!

It's a funny old game, Saint.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flashing Blade @ Jan. 12 2007,11:34)]... I'd certainly prefer to have my fingers strapped to the steering wheel and dynamite shoved up my rectum than watch Billy Paynter run around Roots Hall failing to impersonate a £250,000 striker ever again.
Yep, me too. I would happily sit in the passenger sit with you, only with deep heat rubbed in my eye's and Shakira blasting out of the stereo!!!!

Horrible thought I know, but i would much rather have that than watch that cross eyed muppet running around!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Jan. 12 2007,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Jan. 12 2007,11:38)]I rate him, he will come good, hopefully with us.
How can you rate him when he has done nothing for us?
How can you judge him when he has hardly played for us?

The abuse Paynter gets is, quite frankly, Pathetic.

He's hardly played for us for Gods Sake. He hasn't had an extended run in the side due to Injury or other players available and people jump down his throat because he isn't performing. Its ludicrous to expect any player to come into the squad after moving from his home and have blinding games having not adjusted to the style of football we play and settled in the area.

Do people honestly believe the Scotsman and Irishman we're after would do any better under similar circumstances?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Jan. 12 2007,11:54)]Glad to see the BP=OK campaign is gaining ground. Keep the faith.
Wise words, Brother N'Zamba.

Some people have this strange idea that football is a game of exclusively static variables and if you're good, you're good. End of.

Not so.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you all stopped calling him a c%&t every time he came on the pitch, he might start to play with a bit more confidence?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Jan. 12 2007,11:03)]Tilson has recently spoken about the need to bring in an experienced front-man to compliment the potential that he sees in the likes of Harrold and Hooper.

Could it be that that man is already among us, already part of the team? I believe that it is time for Tilson to be brave and relegate Lee Bradbury to the bench (for we need goals) and reinstall "Peter Taylor's daughter alleged lover" Billy Paynter to the first team.

Unlike others, I saw glimpses of finesse in the those scuffed shots at the start of the season and I am of the opinion that he could be the catalyst for a resurgent Blues attack.

Tiresome word-play aside, am I the only one in the BP=OK camp?
In the reserves he had the touch and movement of a donkey, if he aint got it, he never will. We have ben sold a duffer end of, why do people keep calling for players worse than what are already playing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (N'Zamba Legend @ Jan. 12 2007,11:54)]Glad to see the BP=OK campaign is gaining ground. Keep the faith.
yeah there's a few of us about mate!

I don't think I've seen such harsh treatment of a new player, i actually think it's a big problem, Clarke and JCR had to battle the doubters too and now look at them!

If I am honest me and the my fellow STHS all take the pi$$ out of paynter and he seems to be the butt of all jokes thesedays. In fact one of my mates even looks like him and he gets slated every week by us all just for looking like him!!

But in all fairness to the bloke it doesnt seem fair. He has not played that many games for us and just because he hasnt instantly produced for us does not mean he is a waste of space.
I think it is important to keep the team as it is for now seeing as we seem to be picking up form but if we are in the fortunate situation where we are winning comfortably (not likely I know) then I would like to see him thrown on for bradbury instead of matt harrold - who in fact has had a lot more chances to impress than paynter and still hasnt come up with the goods. Lets at least give him a chance eh?

I see you are a late convert to the cause Southend Ladies, thanks for coming on board. I think Eric Cantona looks like Billy Paynter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Jan. 12 2007,11:58)]In the reserves he had the touch and movement of a donkey, if he aint got it, he never will. We have ben sold a duffer end of, why do people keep calling for players worse than what are already playing?
You are talking crap wiggy. "If he ain't got it he never will"
rock.gif

Far finer judges of football and footballers than you (and those like you who also believe in their own infallability) have seen promise and ability in Billy Painter and I prefer to take their thought-out opinion over yours.

mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Theirry Henry was sh!t for six months and he turned out alright.
Drogba was sh!t for two years and he's doing alright

Good point, however Henry had blinding place, Drogba was very strong and good in the air, Billy has so far showed he has none of these atributes

Back