• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy completes the double !

By starting a thread saying he is breaking all records you are implying it, and by posting 127 posts in 12 hours stating how terrible he is and abysmal we were you have kind of reinforced that.

Jeez 127 in 12 hours never realised!

You cannot accuse me of giving up though:winking:

I will retire for a couple of days to allow you clever blokes to chew over the fat.

By starting a thread saying he is breaking all records you are implying it, and by posting 127 posts in 12 hours stating how terrible he is and abysmal we were you have kind of reinforced that.

You had me worried there only 50 odd:winking:

Roll on Monday and back to work .

Uruguay as I pointed out were not very good whatsoever yet we went sideways a lot then back home then sideways again played at pedestrian pace.Now if you think we played well or ok then that is your choice however I thought it was abysmal.

There were indeed aspects of the game that were poor, but that shouldn't detract from the progression the team has made in the last 2 years.

At least now they have the system sorted out, now they can work on the finer points, and being a bit quicker to attack...

Last edited:
There were indeed aspects of the game that were poor, but that shouldn't detract from the progression the team has made in the last 2 years.

At least now they have the system sorted out, now they can work on the finer points, and being a bit quicker to attack...

Roy took Blackburn to the bottom of the prem with dressing room unrest he then took Liverpool 3rd bottom and declared "we are in a relegation scrap' he also managed to lose 2 1 to Northampton,Both clubs sacked him as his brand of dour football was not wanted.

Whilst out last night with of course the topic being England from the 12 of us not one single person thought Roy should stay ,Radio phone in's have over 90% of callers demanding he goes whilst ex players/ football writers say he should go.

England are in one major crisis and sadly I think Roy will only deepen that crisis.

Yesterday, 2.34 p.m.
Jeez 127 in 12 hours never realised!

You cannot accuse me of giving up though:winking:

I will retire for a couple of days to allow you clever blokes to chew over the fat.

Today, 8.03 a.m.
Roy took Blackburn to the bottom of the prem with dressing room unrest he then took Liverpool 3rd bottom and declared "we are in a relegation scrap' he also managed to lose 2 1 to Northampton,Both clubs sacked him as his brand of dour football was not wanted.

Whilst out last night with of course the topic being England from the 12 of us not one single person thought Roy should stay ,Radio phone in's have over 90% of callers demanding he goes whilst ex players/ football writers say he should go.

England are in one major crisis and sadly I think Roy will only deepen that crisis.

Did I blink and miss that?

With your 33000 posts that is comedy gold.

Why so, I'm sure you're only jealous?!!! You say one thing and then promptly do the other. Pubey and I don't get on but at least I respect the fact that when he said he was going to take a break, he did so.

That's the difference between you and me. I don't let past failures cloud my judgement.

Ok no worries if that is what you class as progress fair enough.

But what you're doing is getting Roy's personal progression confused with the England team's progression. Granted he's had good and bad experiences - blimey, who hasn't?

But look at the progression of the England team over the last 2 years. He has changed the team's style of play to a far more attacking one. He's changed a lot of the players, and I suspect there will be more changes during the coming Euro qualification campaign.

In my opinion he's going about his business in a quiet and assured way. He knows what he wants to achieve, and the progression is happening. As I also stated, that hasn't yet manifested itself in better results, because IMO this world cup is about 18 months too early.

I would say it would make more sense to judge after the next Euros.

Last edited:
But what you're doing is getting Roy's personal progression confused with the England team's progression. Granted he's had good and bad experiences - blimey, who hasn't.

But look at the progression of the England team over the last 2 years. He has changed the team's style of play to a far more attacking one. He's changed a lot of the players, and I suspect there will be more changes during the coming Euro qualification campaign.

In my opinion he's going about his business in a quiet and assured way. He knows what he wants to achieve, and the progression is happening. As I also stated, that hasn't yet manifested itself in better results, because IMO this world cup is about 18 months too early.

I would say it would make more sense to judge after the next Euros.
This is spot on.

He couldn't have fielded 11 promising youngsters so he had no choice but to gradually introduce them with a mix of old and new but I fully expect the old guard to be quietly dispensed with now. If he had picked a more experienced team maybe we would have made it out of the group, who knows but one thing is certain, we would have got hammered by a Germany, Holland, Brazil etc. at some point so longer term these young players have benefitted from getting some valuable tournament experience.

The Africans and South American teams have been fantastic to watch and apart from Cameroon I don't think we would have beaten any of them either, even Iran would have stuffed us.

What England need is pacy, hungry, young strikers.

Bit of pace is all you need, don't you know.

This is spot on.

He couldn't have fielded 11 promising youngsters so he had no choice but to gradually introduce them with a mix of old and new but I fully expect the old guard to be quietly dispensed with now. If he had picked a more experienced team maybe we would have made it out of the group, who knows but one thing is certain, we would have got hammered by a Germany, Holland, Brazil etc. at some point so longer term these young players have benefitted from getting some valuable tournament experience.

The Africans and South American teams have been fantastic to watch and apart from Cameroon I don't think we would have beaten any of them either, even Iran would have stuffed us.

I'd broadly agree but I'm a little concerned that Gerrard and Lampard have been asked to stay on by Hodgson. It is time to move on.

I'd broadly agree but I'm a little concerned that Gerrard and Lampard have been asked to stay on by Hodgson. It is time to move on.

I'd say that Hodgson almost certainly has one eye on the European qualification campaign and the lack of central midfielders ready to jump straight into those games when they begin later this year. Lampard and Gerrard will have retired (or playing in the MLS, which is as good as) by the time France 2016 kicks off.

Gerrard needs to be dropped as he's ****, not because he's too old.

You want a mix of youth and experience. England have plenty of youth already.

It's a ****-easy qualification stage for 2016 though. It shouldn't matter who is in central midfield so you might as well play the younger ones and ease them in, especially if Gerrard and Lampard won't be around in two years time.

The idea of Steven Gerrard with England's record number of caps makes bunnys cry.

The signs were all there regarding Gerrard months ago, yes he had a good season but made some terrible errors in the last few games that effectively handed the title to the mancs. On one hand Hodgson said he was picking players on current form but he picked Gerrard and Johnson who looked suspect to say the least. I'm not a Roy basher but it was pretty obvious.

It's a ****-easy qualification stage for 2016 though. It shouldn't matter who is in central midfield so you might as well play the younger ones and ease them in, especially if Gerrard and Lampard won't be around in two years time.

The idea of Steven Gerrard with England's record number of caps makes bunnys cry.
Now I might be wrong here but what do you think about Milner as a central midfielder ? I can't help thinking he has the build, tackling ability, can pass, it seems he has always been played out wide by club managers and England without giving him a go in the centre. The guy is strong and hard to knock off the ball.

Back