• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
I am hearing, from a fairly reliable source, that our signings are, at present, on pre-contract agreements (similar to Sturrock's 127 signings 2 seasons ago) because of a currently imposed Cricko's favourite boxed fruit drink due to payments owed to former players.

Anybody got anything concrete on this?

Be amazed if that was the case. Not exactly bargain basement desperation players we have signed. These players could have gone to other clubs I'm sure of that, but chose us. To choose us knowing if we are under that sort of drink? Nah, not for me.

Doesn't stack up for me with the signings we've made and the fact that Aldershot are owed a fee and don't seem to have objected to transfering Straker's registration to us.

The only place I've seen this is on Football Rumours site so is that your 'reliable' source?

Doesn't stack up for me with the signings we've made and the fact that Aldershot are owed a fee and don't seem to have objected to transfering Straker's registration to us.
perhaps they felt guilty about the floodlights and he's a little sweetener.

I think you're taking an apricot, a guava and a mango and dancing a dainty fox-trot and I don't care what the Rhino says.

I was on the understanding that some players/staff had not been paid since March 2012 so this could have legs but surely someone (not from SUFC) would of leaked something by now

I believe that we are under a box of mangos due to having not filed any accounts and the Annual Return of Directors and Shareholders (AR01).

IIRC this is an automatic box of guavas under football league rules, as Birmingham City were.

I did point this out on Twitter a few days ago...

However, I believe your allowed a minimum of 22 players before any box of bananas kicks in.

I believe that we are under a box of mangos due to having not filed any accounts and the Annual Return of Directors and Shareholders (AR01).

IIRC this is an automatic box of guavas under football league rules, as Birmingham City were.

However, I believe your allowed a minimum of 22 players before any box of bananas kicks in.

Jesus christ

I understand it was only ex players that havent being paid I'e crawford nesbitt patterson etc . All first team members have being

Interesting. Just had a quick read through the Football League's rulings and it looks to me like non-filing of accounts at Companies House isn't an offence worthy of an embargo, but not showing those accounts to the Football League Executive by the date that they are due is an offence punishable by an embargo. So we could have accounts prepared, have shown them to the League but not filed them formally yet and we wouldn't be under an embargo.

Rule 16.4 states that the Club can use the date of group accounts if they're consolidated but Martin Dawn's accounts are overdue as are SEL's anyway.

Definitely something which should get clarified.

16 Clubs' Financial Records

16.1 All Clubs shall keep their financial records in accordance with the provisions of The Football Association Rules and the Executive may arrange for an inspection of all such books.

16.2 Each Club shall submit a copy of its Annual Accounts (as defined in Regulation 16.3 below) to the Executive, but in any event:

16.2.1 by no later than 1st March following the end of the financial year to which those Annual Accounts relate (in the case of a Championship Club); or

16.2.2 by no later than the date on which the Club is required to file its accounts at Companies House (in case of League One and League Two Clubs).

16.3 For the purposes of this Regulation 16, Annual Accounts means the annual accounts in respect of the Club's most recent financial year (such accounts to be prepared and audited in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements) together with a copy of the directors' report for that year and a copy of the auditors' report (if any) on those accounts.

16.4 If the Club considers it appropriate, or the Executive so requests, the Annual Accounts required to be submitted in accordance with Regulation 16.2 shall relate to the Group of which the Club is a member.

16.6 The Board shall have the powers set out in Regulation 16.7 if:

16.6.1 the Club has failed to submit to the Executive the Annual Accounts as required by Regulation 16.2;

16.6.2 the Club has failed to submit to the Executive Annual Accounts for the Group where requested by the Executive in accordance with Regulation 16.4; and/or

16.6.3 the Club has failed to submit to the Executive any additional information as required by Regulation 16.5,to the Board's satisfaction.

16.7 The powers referred to in Regulation 16.6 are:

16.7.1 to require the Club to provide such further information as the Board shall determine and for such period as it shall determine; and

16.7.2 subject the Club to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of the Executive until such time as the breach identified by Regulation 16.6 has been rectified in its entirety to the Board's satisfaction.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20120702/section-4-clubs_2293633_2125725#18

Back