• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not really sure on this. It does mean on match days there will be 2 centre backs not needed and will be picking up a wage doing nothing. Don't really think you need 5 centre backs to be honest..Unless PB is thinking about playing 5 in defence again? But oh well, would now love to see a centre mid, winger and a striker but highly doubt any of this will happen.

Your 2 spare centre back's comment makes no sense to me. the LB's and RB's can push up to assist, and we all know Adam pushes forward for corners or free-kicks etc. White is not bad also for getting forward in a counter attack.

experienced at this level. 15 games for Vale in his second stint. Will know what to expect and now I feel we have the vcover we need at CB, with Thompson and White able to support the RB berth too.

Now winger MF and Stiker slot to go :Worthy:

Sounds about right, this is something we've lacked for some time.

Should form a decent partnership with Anton Ferdinand who if fit will add some much needed experience to Inniss' inexperience, whilst Inniss has some of the height - and therefore hopefully aerial ability - that we've sorely missed (provided that the opposition have only one tall player).

Just a shame that they'll only be here a season* and that next year we'll find ourselves in exactly the same position that we were in on Friday all over again.

*technically they'll be here for less than 90% of a season, as we're more than 10% through this league season (and out of one of the cups already).

Thompson came in on a loan and still here, as did Sokolik eventually.

McLaughin and ONeil both were loans prior to signing full time?

Never know what will happen going forward.

This will hopefully now solve our big problem area of central defence where the Barratt and Thompson partnership have seen us leaking far too many goals

I've been wondering all summer why we haven't been in for him. Great player and a brilliant signing at this level. Was on loan at Port Vale and as I understand it, they were very keen to have him back again.

Looks like 5-3-2,is the plan with 5 CB's on the books.

Definitely... Phil is doing what he does best "a clean sheet mentality" :stunned:

I see it as a 4-1-3-2 attacking option, & the option of a a 4-3-2-1 defensive option. But overall we play the generic 4-4-2.

Your 2 spare centre back's comment makes no sense to me. the LB's and RB's can push up to assist, and we all know Adam pushes forward for corners or free-kicks etc. White is not bad also for getting forward in a counter attack.

I meant as in we have 5 centre backs now, and 2 of them will start with 1 on the bench. That leaves 2 centre who won't be playing. Its just a waste to me.

I meant as in we have 5 centre backs now, and 2 of them will start with 1 on the bench. That leaves 2 centre who won't be playing. Its just a waste to me.

Injuries?.. Cup games?... half time sub changes?.... seems sensible enough to me. Especially considering the age of the CB's & we have currently conceded more goals than we scored.

I see this as a sensible move.

Blues sign Inniss on loan from Palace

SOUTHEND United have signed Crystal Palace defender Ryan Inniss on loan until the end of the season.

More...

We played 3 last night, but 4 and John White as cover would seem more than sufficient to me, particularly as we have the youngster Matsuzaka, who came on last night, as cover as well.

That would rather suggest we are carrying one extra central defender. Looks ominous for Sokolik whose deal is up in January.

Injuries?.. Cup games?... half time sub changes?.... seems sensible enough to me. Especially considering the age of the CB's & we have currently conceded more goals than we scored.

I see this as a sensible move.

You rarely see centre halves substituted unless they are injured.

4 + White is sensible.

After signing Ferdinand I don't really understand why we signed another one.

images
Ryan Inniss

Ryan Inniss.jpg Irn Bru

4 + White is sensible.

At 6'.5", I think we will employ him strategically and only bring him on for important corners.

You look at this and think we're going to play 3 at the back.
How's about he doesn't, and ends up chopping and changing between 6 or 7 centre halves?

4 + White is sensible.

Because none of his four (plus White) central defenders are dominant in the air.

4 + White is sensible.

That is normally true in terms of cb's being subbed, but I still believe the additional cover is warranted.

Also, Wasn't Adam missing last season for nearly 2 months due to a hamstring injury?..if so, that warrants the additional cover in my books (especially taking Ferdinand into account also).

Back