• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That is normally true in terms of cb's being subbed, but I still believe the additional cover is warranted.

Also, Wasn't Adam missing last season for nearly 2 months due to a hamstring injury?..if so, that warrants the additional cover in my books (especially taking Ferdinand into account also).

Even if Barrett was out for 2 months we still had 3 others plus White as backup.

If we play week in week out with 3 centre halves it will make more sense.

Even if Barrett was out for 2 months we still had 3 others plus White as backup.

If we play week in week out with 3 centre halves it will make more sense.

We will be playing more with 3 CB's. This lad has the potential to be the best of them all. So of course its a good signing.

You don't get relegated with an reasonable defence. You get promoted with a good defence. Just ask anyone at Col U or Burton.

Not a bad signing two new centre backs Tommo a good squad player. Adam ok but when Anton fit a good pairing
with a good couple of back up's. Good bit of business.

My accesment so far Not bad but could do better Mr Brown

Well I'm positive. One very experienced defender and one big defender that we've all been crying out for. This has 352 or 532 away written all over it. I'm happy with the last 7 days. Over to you Mr Brown AND the players to prove the doubters wrong. Injured players returning, White returning? New players bedding in then from mid September onwards we start our one directional climb up the table.

I am not expecting immediate miracles so I look forward to the zone implode when and if we don't get our own way on Saturday.

Speaking to my Gills supporting mate and seems Inniss was there in loan about 18 months ago and my mate raved about him. Hopefully he can show the form be showed with the Gills

I like the idea of 3 at the back especially as Anton is a ball player & it will hopefully free Demitriou and Coker to push forward (and also mitigate our lack of depth on the wing). It might release Lenny a bit with extra cover behind. But I don't see JW as a wing back (more of one of three), we have to stop the passing along the back line (it's frustrating with 4 but as shown last season dangerous with 3).

Im happy with this signing ,i wouldnt care if we had 3 or 4 players contesting every position as long as the club stayed under the salary cap . And just perhaps one of these CBs can also play a defensive midfielder /Anchor role.

Been out injured since late March - the gaffer loves an unfit signing!!!
where is he playing in this picture, over the park for his Sunday league team......

another croc? Out injured.... Come on Brown... #Brown Out

More likely we be playing 3-5-2 for attacking & 5-3-2 for defending, Coker/O'Neil will make a decent wing back.

Back