• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Hurts to post this here.

On the bench for Sheffield United for their derby against Wednesday tonight.

He's taken the number 14 for them.

Lenny

Old Lendog is on the bench for Sheff Utd v Wednesday tonight.

Be interested to hear how he gets on, good luck to him.

Horrible seeing this in ex-shrimpers :sad:

Really hoped he was starting.

Out of interest, anyone know if we’ve got any sell on clause or add ons in the Leonard deal? Or was it straight forward cash? I swear the echo said it was ‘an initial’ 750k, which suggests more may come in future?

Jeez and we thought we over passed it around the edge of the box! :blush:

Watching there midfield they have some great players in there, hard to see where Lenny will fit in to it. Still a great problem to have!!

I thought that.

Possibly he'd fit in, instead of Lundstram.

I guess he's been brought in as cover, with Paul Coutts out for the season.

They also had Lee Evans on the bench having forked out another £750k for him this week. It will be a travesty and a sad indictment on modern football if Lenny ends up on the bench rather than playing.

They also had Lee Evans on the bench having forked out another £750k for him this week. It will be a travesty and a sad indictment on modern football if Lenny ends up on the bench rather than playing.

At least Lenny would have had a good laugh though :smile:

Horrible seeing this in ex-shrimpers :sad:

Really hoped he was starting.

Out of interest, anyone know if we’ve got any sell on clause or add ons in the Leonard deal? Or was it straight forward cash? I swear the echo said it was ‘an initial’ 750k, which suggests more may come in future?

Whatever anyone thinks of our chairman, he is a wily old so and so where contracts are concerned so I fully expect there to be some clauses and add ons in Lenny's agreed deal.

It was a Derby and he hasn't had much time to settle with his new team mates. I'm sure Lenny will be a starter before too long.

I'm sure the 10k pw wages will him get over it

What a good side would do is buy someone to sit on the bench this season but look to work him into the side for next season (or the second half of the season if they sign at the start of the season).

Under PB we've got too use to the short-term attempted fix.

Tilly signed Mark Bentley in mid-January 2004. He didn't feature regularly until March and next season was a starter in a promotion side.

Tilly then signed another midfielder before the deadline the following season. Luke Guttridge came on as a sub in a third of the remaining matches, started a third of those matches and was an unused sub in the other third of the remaining matches. Next season he was a starter in a promotion side.

There's no need to throw Lenny in at the deep end. Let him train with his new team-mates, let him have a few sub appearances, let him fill in when someone is injured/suspended and let him win a place for next season.

Lenny has now got our old mate Ricky Holmes warming the bench with him.

Back