• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

Haha!!! That's from someone who's in a position to know - not me!

There are some things us lads just aren't interested in when it comes to discussing the attributes of a player but you girls......Well you'll go to any length.

Playing him in quite a different way to how we did. Used to be the centre of everything for us and he's much more peripheral for them - won't get the best out of him like that.

How did he do?

Didn't see the first 20 mins but, like I said, he's not being played as we played him. Touched the ball a few times but no surging runs, no cross pitch passes, no Lenny long throws - just tight passing as part of a central midfield three.

Saw a bit of the game (last 30 minutes or so) and the Sheffield Wednesday match the other night.

I think they're getting sussed and sides set-up deep and let them pass it into a cul-de-sac and then hit them on the break.

Villa did it perfectly last night, from what I saw.

Playing him in quite a different way to how we did. Used to be the centre of everything for us and he's much more peripheral for them - won't get the best out of him like that.

Didn't see the first 20 mins but, like I said, he's not being played as we played him. Touched the ball a few times but no surging runs, no cross pitch passes, no Lenny long throws - just tight passing as part of a central midfield three.

He didn't have the best of games, but putting that down to the system rather than him is a bit of a cop out. If he wanted to make runs I'm sure they wouldn't stop him. After all, they bought him in based on the player he is. My take on it is that he's still finding his feet at that level. He seemed to be a bit nervous to me and that he wasn't really sure of himself, and wanted to keep it simple just in case he made a mistake.

Give him a few games and he'll come out of his shell, and they'll have a very decent player on their hands.

That was his home debut against a side set-up to defend and close down, so it's not an easy start for him.

Certainly sounded like he impressed at Norwich, last week.

For anyone interested who doesn't already know, the Wolves v. Sheffield United match is live on SKY tonight at 5:30pm.

Back