• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

.....when you badly need the points to give hope for the rest of the season, and to keep you in a job. Oh no....not our Phil.....lets not test there keeper when we are playing at home. Ron you ain't got the balls to sack the idiot in charge after last week so this week Phil confirms it for you..... We got back in to it when he put on a proper forward line but he has to commit suicide before that happens....east stand tea lady has got more idea!

Wow, keep your wiggy on mate.

...because anyone with any sort of football brain would play two people up front at home when you badly need the points. If he couldn't comprehend that then he isn't in the right game and any other industry would give him the bullet....that is why!

Using your simplistic logic of more forwards equals playing better, attacking more and guaranteed wins, why the hell stop at 2 strikers? Why not 3 or 4 or even a 235 formation like the good old days?

As did I. Considering he actually was "The Lone Ranger" for once.

Were all keyboard warriors on here though, each with our opinions.

However, regardless, Personally I still would have started MAF over Ranger.

I thought he was awful. Didn't win 1 header, not that he had any support and didn't hold the ball up, not that he had much chance given the service from midfield, and his supposed strike partner was sat in front of the back 4.

They're are plenty of good players in non league but the jump from non league to L1 is fairly big. For every player that makes it, there will be 100 that don't. The chances of us picking one that makes it is slim. Is it worth the risk?
Didn't Ben Coker come from non league, Histon I think?

Technically, but not really. He was at histon because hed been released from his Colchester contract outside the transfer window and therefore couldn't sign for anyone conference south or above until the next window.

I thought he was awful. Didn't win 1 header, not that he had any support and didn't hold the ball up, not that he had much chance given the service from midfield, and his supposed strike partner was sat in front of the back 4.

Surely you mean "Sat in Row 4 of the Directors Box"!?

The starting line up was shocking. If you are going to play one upfront then you need to have width from the midfield. Putting Wright out on the right was never going to work. He changed our unbeaten home record formation to accommodate handing Bradford 3 points. Really poor.

What mid 5 would you have gone for?

I'd have thought McLaughlin, Wordworth, Leonard, Wright, McGlashan.

For someone who's been a member since 2011 and is only on a post count in the 30s, the OP here has become very vocal all of a sudden........and regularly starts threads like this!

For someone who's been a member since 2011 and is only on a post count in the 30s, the OP here has become very vocal all of a sudden........and regularly starts threads like this!

Yes, you wonder why puppets are allowed. I guess it depends on their view.

Yes, you wonder why puppets are allowed. I guess it depends on their view.

For pity's sake man, get that chip off your shoulder. Suspicions aside at this stage (and we're looking into it), if we DO conclude it's either a sock-puppet or a returning banned member, the account will be shut off without question.

From what I know from discussions between mods and owners on a daily basis, there's as similar a mix of opinions amongst us as on the board as a whole - some of us are pro-Brown, some are anti-Brown, some are just watching and waiting/sitting on the fence with a mixture of optimism and pessimism. If the board as a whole is split on opinions, safe to say that the owners/moderators are equally split. We're Southend United fans, not club employees!

They're are plenty of good players in non league but the jump from non league to L1 is fairly big. For every player that makes it, there will be 100 that don't. The chances of us picking one that makes it is slim. Is it worth the risk?

I mean I get what you're saying, I wouldn't fill the entire strike force up with non leaguers, but what harm would a gamble do? A hungry ambitious non league player or one of our current strikers? Look no further than Stefan Payne of Shrewsbury, a former Hornchurch striker; surly it should be us snouting about former Essex based non leaguers!?

And 28 of those 32 post have been only within the last 2 months, and some have been... how shall i put it "petty cheap shots" at other members of this forum.

Back