• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Salford v Notts County

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Pretty good first half to watch from a neutral perspective. Totally unimpressed with Izale McLeod however, and glad that we didn't sign him in the end based on what I have just seen.

Loving some of the tackles flying about, proper game of football this is.:happy:

So refreshing to see Scoles, Butt and Neville on the terraces with the ordinary fans and just being excited supporters.

That pitch levelled the game out for Salford but how poor were Notts county especially their more experienced players.

So refreshing to see Scoles, Butt and Neville on the terraces with the ordinary fans and just being excited supporters.

To be fair, they've been like that in the Class of 92 series following them and their investment. Been really enjoyable, good luck to them, at least they're ploughing some money back into the game.

To be fair, they've been like that in the Class of 92 series following them and their investment. Been really enjoyable, good luck to them, at least they're ploughing some money back into the game.

I noticed that the Salford shirt badge had 'FA Cup First Round' under it. I doubt many non-league sides stretch to new kit for that sort of match, especially outside of the National League, so it does look as if they are putting their money where their mouths are.

That second goal, and the goal-line clearance, were top top draw.

Very enjoyable game, all the best Salford in the next round:thumbsup:

So we have a team with 5 millionaire owners and a billionaire backer being shown live on TV. I would say this is at the expense of other non league clubs that sorely need the TV money this has generated.

You could say it's only being shown because it is an interesting tie, but that interest was created partly by the BBC by showing their documentary in the two weeks leading up to the game which was shown on the BBC.

So we have a team with 5 millionaire owners and a billionaire backer being shown live on TV. I would say this is at the expense of other non league clubs that sorely need the TV money this has generated.

You could say it's only being shown because it is an interesting tie, but that interest was created partly by the BBC by showing their documentary in the two weeks leading up to the game which was shown on the BBC.

But did you enjoy the game LB?

They're one of the lowest rank sides in the competition at home to one of the biggest clubs in League 2. This would have been selected as a TV game regardless of who now owns them.

Have to say, I find all of the grumbles about Salford a little grating. Yes lads, we get it, they've got a fair bit of money sloshing around for a non-league club and their exposure's hugely driven by the Class of '92... But so what? Are people honestly telling me that they'd begrudge us benefitting from the same kind of injection? It seems to me they've been changing Salford slowly, and for the best, rather than just making wholesale changes for the sake of it (with the exception of changing the kit from orange to red, which is a ****'s trick really). They've also done a great deal for the youth development and grass roots side of Salford City. Fair play to them, I'd much rather this is what they spent their millions on than some MLS franchise or shifty business venture.

Back