• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
* RANT MODE ON *

After two successful seasons with clear progress demonstrated both on the field and off the field there are still numerous people on here that seem to spend their whole lives looking for opportunities to criticise. Squad size, striker shortage, tickets, club shop blah blah blah F-UCKING blah.

Can I controversially suggest that most of these whingemongers will start disappearing when the on the field success isn't up to their required standard.

The last time I felt as positive about the future of this club was in 1991 and for about three or four seasons afterwards and this was in a climate of unprecedented on the field success tinged with off the field, behind the scenes mudslinging and (alleged) misdemeanours.  

Two weeks to go to the start of the season with a management team that are still young and still attracting quality players to SUFC in a controlled financial environment. Third division (or Div 1) football and just the hint that a new stadium is more than a pipe dream.

By all means have a moan and whinge from time to time but at least have some constructive suggestions as to how the club might reasonably change things. Oh and try speaking to the club directly. It usually gets a response, even if the issue can't be dealt with.

I shall now take out my frustrations on the useless t%$&*rs that masquerade as my team.
biggrin.gif

* RANT MODE OFF *

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 29 2005,10:30)]* RANT MODE ON *

After two successful seasons with clear progress demonstrated both on the field and off the field there are still numerous people on here that seem to spend their whole lives looking for opportunities to criticise. Squad size, striker shortage, tickets, club shop blah blah blah F-UCKING blah.

Can I controversially suggest that most of these whingemongers will start disappearing when the on the field success isn't up to their required standard.

The last time I felt as positive about the future of this club was in 1991 and for about three or four seasons afterwards and this was in a climate of unprecedented on the field success tinged with off the field, behind the scenes mudslinging and (alleged) misdemeanours.  

Two weeks to go to the start of the season with a management team that are still young and still attracting quality players to SUFC in a controlled financial environment. Third division (or Div 1) football and just the hint that a new stadium is more than a pipe dream.

By all means have a moan and whinge from time to time but at least have some constructive suggestions as to how the club might reasonably change things. Oh and try speaking to the club directly. It usually gets a response, even if the issue can't be dealt with.

I shall now take out my frustrations on the useless t%$&*rs that masquerade as my team.
biggrin.gif

* RANT MODE OFF *
Spot on ORM, i think at times people forget that we are Supporters of the Football Club not there biggest enemy.

Theyll shut up when Goater is pictured in his southend shirt later on today. *fingers crossed*.

If ORM can author a message of such a serious tone, I believe we can sign ANY striker we want in the world.

I feel so much better now.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 29 2005,12:32)]Also I'm p%&sed off that I got within 5 posts of overtaking overseas shrimper the other day only to find that this week has been an unbelievable ******* of a week at work.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

Ooooops; there's another post to add to my tally.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 29 2005,10:30)]* RANT MODE ON *

biggrin.gif

* RANT MODE OFF *
Fine post Orm!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 29 2005,11:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 29 2005,12:32)]Also I'm p%&sed off that I got within 5 posts of overtaking overseas shrimper the other day only to find that this week has been an unbelievable ******* of a week at work.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

Ooooops; there's another post to add to my tally.
There really is no point in wasting posts like that OS
laugh.gif

TrueBlue - I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just suggesting certain people on here could be more constructive and also voice their concerns directly to the club. (Oh and where did you get the avatar from ?
tounge.gif
)

I agree totally with what you said ORM, and im not defending the whingers, but they are essential in their own way.  If everyone was content, things would get into a rot.  These people can be great at times, and ultimately do only have the clubs best interests at heart, just not their heads.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]TrueBlue - I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just suggesting certain people on here could be more constructive and also voice their concerns directly to the club. (Oh and where did you get the avatar from ?
tounge.gif
)
Just search the internet for .gif avatars or make your own using flash

Orm posting a serious post?  
wow.gif

I have my season ticket ready, my home shirt from last year, I'll be buying the away shirt when i can get my grubby hands on it, Im waiting for the Echo team photo so I can plaster it all over work.

IM RARING TO GO

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ July 29 2005,13:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]TrueBlue - I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just suggesting certain people on here could be more constructive and also voice their concerns directly to the club. (Oh and where did you get the avatar from ?
tounge.gif
)
Just search the internet for .gif avatars or make your own using flash
WHOOSH

Geoff Hurst Scored a Hat-trick

(Edited)

Back