• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Say we are

We will be Champions
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 03 2006,13:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 03 2006,13:44)]I have worked out a mathamatcial equiation which works out what we need to get promoted.

P = S + 20 x 3

Its that simple.
is that (s+20) x 3 or S+(20x3) ?

Personally I reckon s+20 would do it

S = swansea.........
BODMAS, Firestorm...

On which basis it is 46, add the product of 20 matches x 3 points (60 points) which comes to 106.

cool.gif

(Jimmy Harrison would be proud of me....)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 03 2006,16:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 03 2006,13:44)]I have worked out a mathamatcial equiation which works out what we need to get promoted.

P = S + 20 x 3

Its that simple.

S = swansea.........
BODMAS, Firestorm...

On which basis it is 46, add the product of 20 matches x 3 points (60 points) which comes to 106.

cool.gif

On that basis, it's not guaranteed that we'd get promoted as 3 teams have a game in hand on us and are 3 points or less behind.

One thing's for sure, if we have any chance of staying up there we definitely need some new quality players. My worry is though, Tilly has already started talking about the "silly money" being quoted to him, and back in the summer we were sweating it out for weeks before any transfer movement was made, so I hope he does manage to make a start on some signings this week!

However much we may be tottering at the top of the table, at least we can say we are in the most exciting division in the country, as there's no one team dominating it above everyone else, like the other divisions. And we've just proven that even with a little dip in form we can still get back there amongst them.

So, well done the lads, let's keep the momentum going, and I'm sure we can finish in the top six!

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ Jan. 03 2006,16:10)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

P = S + 20 x 3

Its that simple.

S = swansea.........
BODMAS, Firestorm...

cool.gif

On that basis, it's not guaranteed that we'd get promoted as 3 teams have a game in hand on us and are 3 points or less behind.
Yes, I thought that too, but when you look we still have to play all of them at least once more - so if we make the 20 x 3 then ergo they won't. The only team that doesn't apply to is Hudds, and they have played 26 already. I would say that we are as good as champions!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 03 2006,16:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

P = S + 20 x 3

Its that simple.

S = swansea.........
BODMAS, Firestorm...

cool.gif

Yes, I thought that too, but when you look we still have to play all of them at least once more - so if we make the 20 x 3 then ergo they won't. The only team that doesn't apply to is Hudds, and they have played 26 already. I would say that we are as good as champions!

wink.gif
If we got 106 points and failed to win the League 1 championship, I will personally go down to Southend seafront and drink some seawater neat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 03 2006,16:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

P = S + 20 x 3

Its that simple.

S = swansea.........
BODMAS, Firestorm...

cool.gif

wink.gif
A very good point! I'm obviously not thinking "outside the box" and all that malarkey today, am I?

A reminder that the average points required to win this division over the last 10 years is 93 (points range 84-101).

For automatic promotion it is 86 (range 82-91), and to secure a play-off berth it is 75, for sixth place (range 70-82).

I think we will be looking at the lower end of the points ranges this season for automatics. The play-off places may take an average points haul to get one. Anyways, 29 points from 20 games should see us reach the play-offs.

Automatic promotion will probably mean a high 30's points haul from our remaining 20 games. That could be a tall-order.

Basically we need to look at the remaining fixtures and work out what we actually expect to get from them.

Saturday 7th January 2006 - Oldham Athletic (A) D
Saturday 14th January 2006 - Brentford (H) D
Saturday 21st January 2006 - Tranmere Rovers (A) D
Friday 27th January 2006 - Swindon Town (H) W
Saturday 4th February 2006 - Yeovil Town (A) L
Friday 10th February 2006 - Rotherham United (H) W
Tuesday 14th February 2006 - Brenford (A) L
Saturday 18th February 2006 - Chesterfield (A) D
Saturday 25th February 2006 - Walsall (H) W
Saturday 4th March 2006 - Col******r United (A) W
Friday 10th March 2006 - Scunthorpe United (H) W
Saturday 18th March 2006 - MK Dons (A) W
Saturday 25th March 2006 - Hartlepool United (H) W
Saturday 1st April 2006 - Bournemouth (A) L
Saturday 8th April 2006 - Blackpool (H) D
Friday 14th April 2006 - Gillingham (H) W
Monday 17th April 2006 - Barnsley (A) L
Saturday 22nd April 2006 - Doncaster Rovers (H) W
Saturday 29th April 2006 - Swansea City (A) D
Saturday 6th May 2006 - Bristol City (H) D

So that is IMO is 34 points! so thats playoffs / poss automatic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Jan. 03 2006,02:22)]I also thought that we'd had our run for the season. I believe I was caught in the bar at Hartlepool saying we'll finish 12th (which I would have paid a lot of money for in August).
Well, I have (so far) been proved wrong. I'm hoping we have well and truly turned the corner (we are top of the league after all). Having said that, I feel we have stumbled to the top, rather than stormed to the top, like last time. I'm willing to have tomatoes thrown at me for saying this, but I happen to think we have not deserved to win any of the games we have won this week. I know a sign of a good side is winning when you're not playing that well, but I truly believe we will not even get in the play offs if we carry on playing the way we have this week. I feel I might be being slightly harsh given their schedule this week, but that's what I think. They've got a bit lucky...now this is the perfect opportunity to build on it. As they well know, you need a bit of luck to go up.
Fair point Keef, not having actually seen the matches over Christmas I can't comment on how well we've played in them.

I would argue the point though that to draw 1 and win 3 over a very hectic Christmas schedule when not playing well gives a good indication of the quality (or lack of) in this division. As I said before, there is absolutely nothing in this league to be scared of.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Jan. 03 2006,00:37)]Please stay in Australia , we do better with you on the other side of the world
Ken

As I said in a previous thread, that's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. If you all are prepared to chip in to keep me out here (for the good of the team of course) then I shall do just that!

tounge.gif

Back