• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

scannell???

so interested to see peoples opinion on him?

i just don't get it, you can see he has something but never lets it out. he is lazy, light weight on the ball and quite honestly looked like he'd rather be at home eating some donuts.

i do think enoughs enough with him now. his display today and a lot of the orient game are not good enough. he should be ashamed of his performance today. he just did not look at all bothered.

Yup, I'd say thats him done for me. Tilsons given him enough chances and he just cannot cut the mustard as a professional. As I said in the other thread, I dont think he is Lg2 standard, let alone a Lg1 side. We are carrying far too much ***** in this squad and its disheartening...

As a Blues supporter you have to get used to some players who just are not good enough, but he just doesn't seem to even want to work his socks off. If he gave 100% and still played poorly then I really don't think Scannell would get as much stick as he does/is.

Thought he did alright today, tricked and turned Hunt and provided a useful outlet. If you think he was lazy and didn't put a shift in today, I dread to think what you think Laurent did.

Thought he did alright today, tricked and turned Hunt and provided a useful outlet. If you think he was lazy and didn't put a shift in today, I dread to think what you think Laurent did.

Was equally poor effort and commitment wise, but at least he has some talent - albeit shown in flashes.

christ i wish some people would get off scannells back.

The last 2 games, orient and today scannell in my opinion has done well, he has put in his fair shift.

No way was he as bad as Laurent today (who i still feel should be upfront) . He's only just got into the team, let him have a run then judge him.

He almost created a goal on a plate for McCormack/Laurent today, and i thought first half he looked more threatening than patterson!

Some players down at the hall seem to just be hated as soon as they step onto the pitch

I thought Scannell, when he actually showed glimpses of caring, played some good, creative football today and gave their defence some problems; and that surprised me. He drove me insane at the Orient game, it was like he was incapable of running!

But to be honest; how many opportunities does the guy need? If only one of our strikers took advantage of the hole Barny has left, and started actually playing like they WANT to be on the pitch (like Barny did,) we might not need to keep signing new players!

so interested to see peoples opinion on him?

i just don't get it, you can see he has something but never lets it out. he is lazy, light weight on the ball and quite honestly looked like he'd rather be at home eating some donuts.

i do think enoughs enough with him now. his display today and a lot of the orient game are not good enough. he should be ashamed of his performance today. he just did not look at all bothered.

You could accuse every player of that on today's showing!

Bit harsh guys lol, Scannell is one of those players who are a bit unpredictable, i reckon he played alright today! My opinion anyway, he's got a lot of a skill but he needs to improve alot also. He's not as bad as everyone says he is, really.

You could accuse every player of that on today's showing!

exactly! Scannell is seeming to be made the scapegoat at the moment.

Not at all, I think Grant & Malone did a great job today, and Paterson (considering he hadn't even trained with the squad, and apparently didn't know anyones names) was very promising.

I think Laurent needs a good kick up the backside. Okay when he got the ball, but off the ball - a ****-take to all the loyal Shrimpers that pay good money to watch him play (and pay his wages, might I add.)

Not at all, I think Grant & Malone did a great job today, and Paterson (considering he hadn't even trained with the squad, and apparently didn't know anyones names) was very promising.

I think Laurent needs a good kick up the backside. Okay when he got the ball, but off the ball - a ****-take to all the loyal Shrimpers that pay good money to watch him play (and pay his wages, might I add.)

Absolutely agree with ya! Grant and Malone i thought were southends best players today, Laurent saw alot of the ball but did mess up too many times, hes good on the ball but just looks like he's off form atm. :(
And yeah paterson will be good soon, give him time to settle in he will find his feet. And played ok today

And 1 mistake you wrote there mattytheshrimper, scannell is not lazy! he always runs for the ball, looking for runs and is skillfull. Just because there is room for improvement doesn't mean to say all those things. It's not true. Scannell is decent.

For a bloke who is supposedly lazy, he seems to run around a lot.

Although he didn't look like doing anything with the ball (he was well marshalled, by a quality right-back), I thought we missed his energy when he was subbed.

Blimey. I thought he was one of our best players against Huddersfield.

I can't believe the stick Scannell is getting. I thought he looked one of our more creative players and set up the chance that Laurent glaringly missed.

Yet Patterson, who looked, quite honestly, like a lightweight Revell is thought to look promising !!

Why oh why did ST start Patterson, who hadn't trained with the squad and didn't know any names ahead of Spencer God only knows. He was isolated, failed to win any headers, and looked absolutely lost.

Ok give him time, but to start under those circumstances along with ST playing a 4 5 1 at home against a bottom team was outrageous.

I'm absolutely fed up with people using Scannell as a scapegoat for a situation brought about by the naivity of the management.

Hardly surprising Paul Brush watched the first half from the back of the Directors Box. I guess it gives him more perspective of the s**t performance that the team put in.

And for Gods sake Tilly, please try and be more vocal from the touchline. With a performance like yesterday most managers would be hoarse from boll***ing the s**t that was evidenced yesterday.

I can't believe the stick Scannell is getting. I thought he looked one of our more creative players and set up the chance that Laurent glaringly missed.

Yet Patterson, who looked, quite honestly, like a lightweight Revell is thought to look promising !!

Why oh why did ST start Patterson, who hadn't trained with the squad and didn't know any names ahead of Spencer God only knows. He was isolated, failed to win any headers, and looked absolutely lost.

Ok give him time, but to start under those circumstances along with ST playing a 4 5 1 at home against a bottom team was outrageous.

I'm absolutely fed up with people using Scannell as a scapegoat for a situation brought about by the naivity of the management.

Hardly surprising Paul Brush watched the first half from the back of the Directors Box. I guess it gives him more perspective of the s**t performance that the team put in.

And for Gods sake Tilly, please try and be more vocal from the touchline. With a performance like yesterday most managers would be hoarse from boll***ing the s**t that was evidenced yesterday.

I totally agree.

I thought he played a great part in the Cher film Mask playing the facially deformed Rocky Dennis.

Mask.jpg

Back