• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm concerned that we played an exhausting game at Bury at Tuesday whereas Luton may be fresher due to not having a midweek fixture. I think it will be 1-1 (we are due to concede) with a crowd of 10,194. It may not be a disaster though as I am not convinced that Wycombe will win due to their large number of injuries and Bury also due to being demoralised after Tuesday.

1-1 I'm afraid and initiative back to Bury. 10102 frustrated fans.

If,and its a big if,we somehow are 3rd after Saturday,i cant see us failing to go up.Tranmere are bottom for a reason and even if they have to win i cant see them troubling us.If Tranmere are already relegated this Saturday,i think we could win at a canter.They will be demoralised.If our fate is sorted on Saturday (cant go up),id hope we rested players for the play offs therefore giving them a chance of survival.They are afterall,a localish team.

Last edited:
okay on a serious note im hoping for a 2-0 victory in front of a full house at Roots Hall and for both Wycombe and Bury to lose,PB to get the Manager of the Month and RM to stand in the middle of the ground after the match to say a big thank you to all the fans for your support.:smile::loyalsupporter:

Strangely,im not as nervous as i was v Southend.Nothing to lose now.Think deep down i realise it will be the play offs.If it is,i would not mind finishing where we are now (5th).Meaning Stevenage in semi.

6-2 to Southend in front of 9,746. 2-0 down in 6 mins. 3 sendings off including Gutts and the Luton keeper for handling outside box plus Timlin for 2 yellows. Adam B header, a Leonard 40 yarder, 2 pens for Corr, 2 O.Gs for the blues. A fight in the directors box, draft beer running out in the East Stand and a 40DD stripper doing cart wheels before a final whistle pitch invasion and a Derby County last home match style riot. Apart from that not much action.

Last edited:
1-2 to Luton. 10,456 attendance. Bury and Wycombe both held to draws. So, on to Morecambe where we manage to scramble a win at last whilst Wycombe are beaten by Northampton and Bury beat Tranmere.

It is a nervy game watched by 11,387 people. The clock is ticking and the chances of glory are fading away. All of a sudden the legendary record breaking captain Kevin Maher wins a crucial tackle in the midfield before driving forward then releasing Wayne Gray who also drives forward crashing in a goal with 3 minutes to go to secure his own place in this club's great history sending the crowd into a frenzy.

BELIEVE !

2-1 to the Blues, Corr and Lenny. Crowd of 10,097 and a rousing cheer to welcome The Big Shrimp on the pitch with the match ball to celebrate his 50th!

Attendance: Lots

Score: 4-0 to us....a 3-0 loss to Wycombe and we overtake them on goal difference as well as points. :smile:

Back