• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

scott spencer

I think calling him a headless chicken is a bit harsh. I think he is a natural goalscorer - he did get 4 in about ten L1 games for us.
He will be the star player at Hyde which will suit him. If he does get a move back up the leagues I think there is still a biq question mark against his attitude if he doesn't find himself in the starting line up every week.

I liked Screech, the issue as far as I remember when Tilson signed him, was that he lacked full match fitness which is why he was frequently only a sub. I'll never forget his first appearance, away at 'Uddersfield and turning Peter Clarke inside out to score a debut goal. Then, when he got full fitness there didn't seem to be the opportunities for him. For some reason Sturrock never gave him a chance - even Matt Paterson was given more of a chance than Screech. Whenever he met supporters he always seemed very affable, and seemed popular amongst his football peers. I thought Sturrock's stance on Screech was a shame in all honesty because he gave us that speed up top that we've not had since Freddy...

Of course, his comments since haven't endeared him to us at all.

The boy has talent but a dog **** attitude. Let him rot in the non leagues.
But was also one of the nicest lads you could meet. Roxy sponsored him when he came in, and he was a really genuinely nice young man when we met him at the sponsors' do. I tend to think he became embittered during the rest of his time, and then of course, what was said at Lincoln - although presumably as a bit of a suck up to Tilson - was a massive mistake.

Cant blame him for being bitter.

Did think he could be a decent player for us but never happened.

I guess he's either found his level with Hyde, or has finally learned to use his talent for something other than looking like he's running really fast without actually moving (which is a skill in itself..)

But was also one of the nicest lads you could meet. Roxy sponsored him when he came in, and he was a really genuinely nice young man when we met him at the sponsors' do. I tend to think he became embittered during the rest of his time, and then of course, what was said at Lincoln - although presumably as a bit of a suck up to Tilson - was a massive mistake.

Both Spencer and Paterson were/are being treated very badly.

We don't know enough of the facts to understand why but even being rubbish would not justify their treatment.

Good luck to Spencer - he needed a run to show whether he could make it and also needed a decent partner - he was given neither.

The whole Paterson suitation I feel is crazy, I don't pretend to know the in's and out's but smoething weirds gone on. He's barely played for us over what 2 and a half seasons?? yet he's picking up what I hear very good wages yet no where near the first team. Also something that I find strange is the fact that he seems happy enough to sit back and pick up the money but not actually play the game. Would have thought by now the club and player would have mutually terminated his contract, unless no one wants to sign him.

He's banging them in. I still laugh at the fact, that because Man City's youth team play there, and of course must have invested into making the ground better, they changed their badge from red to blue, and their kit to blue, also dropping United from their name.

Both Spencer and Paterson were/are being treated very badly.

We don't know enough of the facts to understand why but even being rubbish would not justify their treatment.

Good luck to Spencer - he needed a run to show whether he could make it and also needed a decent partner - he was given neither.

Why has Paterson been treated badly?

He hasnt earnt a place in the team and we havent been able to get a move for him, no doubt because he doesnt want to drop money, and also because no one seems interested.

The whole Paterson suitation I feel is crazy, I don't pretend to know the in's and out's but smoething weirds gone on. He's barely played for us over what 2 and a half seasons?? yet he's picking up what I hear very good wages yet no where near the first team. Also something that I find strange is the fact that he seems happy enough to sit back and pick up the money but not actually play the game. Would have thought by now the club and player would have mutually terminated his contract, unless no one wants to sign him.

Im sure Paterson would love them to terminate his contract but he would want all of his wages and the club no doubt cant afford to.

Back