• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Scunthorpe United 4-1 Southend United

Powell to stay or go; plus who to replace him?

• Powell In

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • Powell Out

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • <<<<>>>>

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Darren Moore

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • That guy from Lincoln

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Phil Brown

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Peppa Pig

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
My condolences for all those poor fans who have spent their Tuesday evening travelling over a 400 mile round trip. Some spending money on hotels to watch that absolute shower of ****. The players should be embarrassed and Powell needs to go.

Utter, utter, utter gash. If Chris Powell lasts until Saturday he needs a complete change of demeanour, encouragement, tactics, bin off Keen and the other fella in the dugout because they are clearly not helping. But, I don’t think he’ll get the chance. I think that’s it.

We never win down there, even we top of the league with 25 wins out of 30, ****hrope is bottom of the league with 20 defeats, we still lose to them away!

Surely Moore, Brown and the Cowleys are there for a joke?

Understandable in this depressing time

We started brightly and were the better team for the opening 20 minutes, deservedly going ahead and Scunny looked as devoid of confidence as we have been lately. They get an equaliser out of absolutely nothing, someone knocking a long ball into the box and the wind must have taken it past Bishop. Unbelievable bad luck and totally undeserved. The rest of the half was pretty even. We lost our way with our passing as the home side were just as bad.

In the second half we didn’t look nearly as threatening and struggled to get any sort of rhythm going. They went ahead from another fortuitous mixup at a corner but after that we just fell apart. We went from 2-1 down to 4-1 in 11 minutes and that is just horrendous. I’m not exactly 100% behind Powell but I think a change in manager at this late stage of the season would definitely send us down. That said, I agree with others, if we lose on Saturday he’s probably gone.

SOUTHEND United’s slumped to within two points of the League One drop zone after suffering a shocking 4-1 defeat at Scunthorpe United tonight.

More...

It's looking bleak and to think Ladbrokes were offering 9/1 still on relegation, bet it's now closer to 3/1!

Back