• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Scunthorpe United 4-1 Southend United

Powell to stay or go; plus who to replace him?

• Powell In

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • Powell Out

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • <<<<>>>>

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Adam Barrett

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Darren Moore

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • That guy from Lincoln

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Phil Brown

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Peppa Pig

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
We have to stay positive, Saturday is a cup tie, we have to be all 100% behind the team we owe Wimbledon, they will be up for it, we have to be spot on tactically both with the ball and without it.

We have to stay positive, Saturday is a cup tie, we have to be all 100% behind the team we owe Wimbledon, they will be up for it, we have to be spot on tactically both with the ball and without it.
Hahaha you think we will he spot on tactically? We haven’t been all season!

maher in from the 13/3/2019 interim manager, this crap being served up is just not good enough

Thought we were by far the better side for the 1st 20 mins. But I have seen this plenty of times this season, and every time we never capitalise!

And so Scunny got a fortunate goal and our heads dropped. We did play some nice football, and at 1-0 up we should have scored more, but for some poor finishing.

Cox and Hart were the best if the XI, Dieng was awful as was Turner. Mantom shot when the obvious choice would have been to pass, Demi, Hyam, Bunn and Lennon looked OK, but tired quickly. Couple of great saves by Bishop, but let down by terrible errors for at least 2 of their goals. 2nd half our defence was no where to be seen, they carved us up with ease. With players tiring and heads dropped CP should have made changes at 2-1, but we didn’t change anything and were lucky to only concede 4, to what was really an average side.

Bottom line is that we have no drive or bite, and lost momentum as soon as we lost the lead.

Change needed, but what?

#Worried from Leigh

So was tonight, but only Scunny realised.

We need to start treating every game as a cup match, but CP doesn’t appear to be able to fire the lads up.

Hahaha you think we will he spot on tactically? We haven’t been all season!
To be honest I thought Cox and Bunn worked well first half I also thought starting Demi seemed to work, the problem tonight was 15 mins in to the second half we weren't forcing the game, think it was their 1st corner and its all change. Still the subs didn't come, I would have brought on Dru...

Spot on geoffmundo you can bet your bottom dollar that Wordsworth ,Pigott will be up for this game.CP needs to get the players focused .If we lose then Ron may well show him the door.All the games are now cup finals its still in our hands to succeed not sure if a change will help but clearly confidence is at an all time low and it's down to CP to respond

To be honest I thought Cox and Bunn worked well first half I also thought starting Demi seemed to work, the problem tonight was 15 mins in to the second half we weren't forcing the game, think it was their 1st corner and its all change. Still the subs didn't come, I would have brought on Dru...
I agree with this. Them 2 worked well but the second half was just ****

Was sceptical on Chris Powell when we brought him in and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Yes unlucky on the injury front but that's an easy get out. Too many other aspects not at the required standard and he's got to go, Duncan and Maher til end of season for me and assess in summer. Who can sit here confident with Powell in charge next season?

I think Ron will act now (and before Saturday)- going down must be a far more costly option than putting CP on gardening leave. He always seems very happy to make time to have a word with Adam when he's at Roots. Adam will come in with Kig Kev as No. 2.

Back