• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scunthorpe United

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I know this isn't strictly blues related but given all of the support that we have received from other clubs etc, I thought it was worth mentioning the torrid time they are now having under new management.

It was only a matter of months ago the Scunthorpe were seemingly saved by new ownership.

Fast forward just a few months and the owner has already put the club up for sale is saying he wont put any money into the club, has been abusing fans on social media, has banned fans who have not agreed with any of his decisions and as of today all Scunthorpe social media has been taken down.

What a nightmare for them after appearing to be saved.

Let's hope we can be saved and that our new owners don't do what is happening to Scunthorpe.

I know this isn't strictly blues related but given all of the support that we have received from other clubs etc, I thought it was worth mentioning the torrid time they are now having under new management.

It was only a matter of months ago the Scunthorpe were seemingly saved by new ownership.

Fast forward just a few months and the owner has already put the club up for sale is saying he wont put any money into the club, has been abusing fans on social media, has banned fans who have not agreed with any of his decisions and as of today all Scunthorpe social media has been taken down.

What a nightmare for them after appearing to be saved.

Let's hope we can be saved and that our new owners don't do what is happening to Scunthorpe.
The well known saying ‘b careful what u wish for ‘

Seen a couple bits on Twitter showing messages between their owner and fans; some are honestly unbelievable.

The owner put a statement out, was it last week or week before. Club seems a mess and looks like he's bitten off more than he chew.

Don't know the story close enough to know what the issues are

This is exactly what I've been saying throughout the summer.

So many of our fans saying "ANYONE IS BETTER THAN MARTIN" and just begging for whoever is sniffing around to "get the deal done asap"

Be as someone said above, be careful what you wish for - cos there were absolutely no guarantees a new owner is going to come in and wave a magic wand.

Yes, we need rid of Martin obviously, but let Scunthorpe serve as a lesson to just saying "anyone" will do.

So many of our fans saying "ANYONE IS BETTER THAN MARTIN" and just begging for whoever is sniffing around to "get the deal done asap"

Be as someone said above, be careful what you wish for - cos there were absolutely no guarantees a new owner is going to come in and wave a magic wand.

Yes, we need rid of Martin obviously, but let Scunthorpe serve as a lesson to just saying "anyone" will do.
I doubt if scunthorpe fans had any say in it, much like we dont....

mate of mine from work is a scunny fan, we used to bore each other of a shift with tales of wrong doing and financial mismanagement. passed the time....

i dont know much about this fit and proper test, but until fans of each club gain a small portion of control in each club football will always be a rotten corrupt thing. Sad really, supposed to be a beautiful game.

Only difference is as far as we know, anyone interested in buying Southend United has not done actual jail time for fraud.

Brushing a fraud conviction, for which he served time in prison, under the carpet hoping no one would realise if he used a different name probably hasn't helped him!

He has four different names he goes under I believe!
I remember at the time someone telling me about this. Just goes to show what an absolute mockery the fit and proper ownership test actually is!

How does someone with a fraud conviction pass the test FFS.

Surely this needs investigating and highlights failings.

You could have a very long debate about whether Scunny have been more mismanaged than SUFC. And it would completely miss the point.

I think the real point is that the current Owner & Director Tests (O&DT) are just not effective enough. I know the EFL are raising their game nowadays, but the game will be blighted by past failings for a long time to come. Too many of the wrong kind of people are getting hold of our football clubs, and it has to stop.

These wrong uns are not of a homogenous types. Old fashioned cowboys like Swann, Martin, Oyston and the guy at Bury are one thing. The kind of (usually American) people hoovering up brand names at the top of the EPL are quite different. And then you have the quasi-state sponsored organisations such as those involved with Newcastle and West Brom.

What we need is independent regulation that puts the sustainability of clubs and the sport at the heart of what it does. At the moment we have regulation by the clubs, for the clubs, Leagues that have fundamental conflicts of interest and in the FA a so-called Governing body that is about as much use as a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest.

Back