• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scunthorpe United

Scunthorpe fundraiser for unpaid staff.

We have been there only too recently and remember what Wrexham fans did for us......

Thanks for the kind words and to those who helped with a fundraiser. As a Scunthorpe fan it means a lot. When the chips are down the football community have shown strength.

I hope the best for Southend too. If it's ever needed, I would gladly contribute to a fundraiser and wish I had helped before. It's criminal that these charlatans continue with their shambolic running of the clubs and the FA are impotent in dealing with them.

Down with Ron "the rat" Martin, Peter Swann and "Dodgy" Dave Hilton, along with the other bad owners.

The previous owner at Scunny owned a hotel in Blackpool and was supposedly good mates with Karl Oyston. Make of that what you will.

Between the two of them (Swann and Hilton) they are dragging that club into the abyss. It's not that long ago that we and they were winning promotion from L1 together.

First of all, I will say that I am pleased you got taken over by Rees. I was worrying that it was that for both of us, but fortunately that's not the case.

Last week was a relief for football in that two historical clubs managed to be saved, but the lessons need to be learned by the authorities. Time and time we see talking heads say lessons are needed to be learned, but they never are. The fit and proper person's test remains a joke, as can be seen with our last prat somehow getting his hands on the club. If it wasn't for the work of journalists like Matt Slater I don't know how much damage could have been done. There is another Athletic piece in the offing, and Slater has already teased that it could be the biggest scandal of recent times in modern British football. I have heard some rumours going round as to what happened and it's not pretty. Still, we have a local board we can trust now and they have mine and others' backing in cleaning up the mess. It might be years until we're in the league again now, but I think many might understand that.

I hope Rees is not a wolf in sheep's clothing like Hilton and that Southend recovers soon.

Back