• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Scunthorpe Utd vs Southend Utd

BTW I might have missed it but how many Shrimpers watched that mauling Tuesday night?

I don't know any official figures, but my guess would be between 150-200 of us unfortunates.

Are you remembering the away game at Liverpool when Raheem Sterling ripped us to shreds?
I certainly am ! Despite Sterling already being hailed as one of the greatest young attackers ever,Duncan only ever had our poor RB anywhere near him and made no move whatsoever to cut out the continuous service to him.I think it was 5 Sterling goals in a 9-0 defeat?
Then a few years later we led Middlesbrough 4-3 with 1 minute + 3 mins added time left and our defence was being overrun with every attack.Our CF who had been chasing everything collapsed exhausted-Duncan ,with a very capable central defender still on the bench,sent on another striker-who didn’t get a single touch-and Middlesbrough got 2 quick goals.

So he should’ve put on another Centre back and played the last minute or two without a forward and tried to desperately hang on to a narrow victory? ????

So he should’ve put on another Centre back and played the last minute or two without a forward and tried to desperately hang on to a narrow victory? ????
No desperation was necessary.It was blindingly obvious to everyone that the defence we had,could’nt cope-Boro not only equalised ,but also got the winner.The substituted player was one of two forwards.

No desperation was necessary.It was blindingly obvious to everyone that the defence we had,could’nt cope-Boro not only equalised ,but also got the winner.The substituted player was one of two forwards.

It was a reference to 99% of people’s criticism of CP at Blackpool......

Then a few years later we led Middlesbrough 4-3 with 1 minute + 3 mins added time left and our defence was being overrun with every attack.Our CF who had been chasing everything collapsed exhausted-Duncan ,with a very capable central defender still on the bench,sent on another striker-who didn’t get a single touch-and Middlesbrough got 2 quick goals.

I remember the game well; it was certainly one of, if not the most entertaining game at Roots Hall that season (the year we reached the playoffs without scoring more than 2 goals in any of our home games). I'm sure it finished 4-3 to them so our lead was 3-2.

Back