• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seaman Retires !

footymad13

My god he has retired !

I remember being at highbury 6 years ago wanting Safe Seaman to retire still his had a good innings.

Made alot of good saves and a few mistakes ...

He should've retired gracefully in the summer and started as the Arsenal goalkeeping coach. His attitude that he was too good to step down, made me lose quite a bit of respect for him. He could've saved a lot of embarrassment by not standing behind that shocking Man City back 4 for the last 6 months.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 13 2004,20:19)]He should've retired gracefully in the summer and started as the Arsenal goalkeeping coach. His attitude that he was too good to step down, made me lose quite a bit of respect for him. He could've saved a lot of embarrassment by not standing behind that shocking Man City back 4 for the last 6 months.
Totally Agree,

I think Arsenal fans in general lost alot of respect for him, he should have ended on a high when we did the double.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Jan. 13 2004,21:12)]Is this a Southend fans site, or an unofficial gooners one?
Well i meant to post this in the pub forum but alas i didn't

Wasn't Seaman england number 1 for a decade or so ? and we all know how passionate the SZ faithfull is about England !

Should've retired after the game in 1993 at Rotterdam when he was like a beached whale for both Dutch goals.

Never forgiven the bugger for that. He ruined my planned holiday for the States in '94.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Jan. 13 2004,21:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Jan. 13 2004,21:12)]Is this a Southend fans site, or an unofficial gooners one?
zzz Snore zzz.
Here we go again.
Sorry, but the post was in the wrong forum.
tounge.gif

.... and they are replacing him for David James ....

Do City want to go down again!?!

Kev

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 13 2004,22:13)].... and they are replacing him for David James ....

That's what i was thinking!

James behind a defensive line including Dunne, Sommeil and Distin!
rock.gif
ghostface.gif
laugh.gif

David Seaman was one of the best goalkeepers this country has produced. Not only that but he is a quiet down to earth family man.
He has served his country well. The reason he retired is because he is injured and is concerned that it will be a persistant injury.
Why is it a majority of people on this board never have a good thing to say about anyone.?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 14 2004,15:29)]David Seaman was one of the best goalkeepers this country has produced. Not only that but he is a quiet down to earth family man.
......so thats why he had an affair that broke up his first marriage and he doesn't have frick all contact with the kids from his 1st marriage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 13 2004,22:13)].... and they are replacing him for David James ....

Kev

rock.gif
David james is a joke,I'd rather have paul robinson in goal but oh well if sven thinks james is better he surely has sh*t in his eye's.

I think moving to Man City was definately when his career "jumped the shark".

He should have retired last season after the FA Cup final. His save against Sheff Utd in the semis was awesome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Jan. 15 2004,19:27)]I think moving to Man City was definately when his career "jumped the shark".

He should have retired last season after the FA Cup final. His save against Sheff Utd in the semis was awesome.
I read that "jumping the shark" article as well... cracking stuff.

Agreed, he should have retired last season. This year has been a disappointment for him and for the City fans.

Matt

Back