• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew/buy a season card?

• Yes, I will renew

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Yes, I am getting a new one

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No, I am not renewing

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No, I don't have one and won't next season

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Only if we gain promotion

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Only if Brown leaves

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bart/Abstain

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
South Lower is already cheaper at £15 or £16 on matchday for Adults.

It certainly is, same as the West family enclosure, I assume because South lower was intended to to be family priced but you can buy single adult tickets there.

It therefore begs the question why the South Lower cant then be a cheaper season ticket to give people that option to pay a little less, plus makes us look better on the cheapest tickets table.

Last edited:
I think the biggest impact is just the psychological factor that prices have gone up. It will make people consider whether they can afford it this year, whereas when prices are frozen they're more likely to just carry on as they are. 90p per game isn't a massive rise but it will make people reconsider before making the decision.

On the topic of "everything has gone up in the last 5 years", this article (although based on predictions from 2013) claims real wages have fallen on average by £1,520 a year. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...rs-set-lose-6-660-wage-packets-2010-2015.html

I think the biggest impact is just the psychological factor that prices have gone up. It will make people consider whether they can afford it this year, whereas when prices are frozen they're more likely to just carry on as they are. 90p per game isn't a massive rise but it will make people reconsider before making the decision.

The biggest impact it it looks like you can't pay monthly. They will lose a lot of customers that way

The biggest impact it it looks like you can't pay monthly. They will lose a lot of customers that way

If that is the case it's a bad decision, YB has pointed out the credit card route but most people won't be aware of that or want the hassle/risk of doing that. If they really aren't offering it I can see them offering it further down the line once they realise how badly it has affected sales.

Today wasnt good but go and watch a non league team if the price bothers you that much. It's genrally a similar price across the division, don't know what you expect the club to do.

Price doesn't bother me, I'll renew as always. Just saying if you think what we get is value for money then you're kidding yourself.

Price doesn't bother me, I'll renew as always. Just saying if you think what we get is value for money then you're kidding yourself.

Our prices are competitive with the rest of the league, as we have done better than 19 or so of the other teams using your logic our games are currently 5th best in the league for value in money.

The problem with these threads are that the same people keep coming back and saying the same thing! Jam Man you have had your say; we don't need to hear it 4/5 times mate!

The problem with these threads are that the same people keep coming back and saying the same thing! Jam Man you have had your say; we don't need to hear it 4/5 times mate!

That really added to the discussion.

Thanks for your contribution.

If the price doesn't bother you then why are you moaning about the price? And value for money is hard to define, today probably wasn't good value but that's the sort of price that is set across the division, the club can't exactly raise and decreases the prices based on how good the game is. The prices have been set for a reason to ensure the club has enough income as well as trying to keep the fans happy, so I think the current prices are reasonable.

If the price doesn't bother you then why are you moaning about the price? And value for money is hard to define, today probably wasn't good value but that's the sort of price that is set across the division, the club can't exactly raise and decreases the prices based on how good the game is. The prices have been set for a reason to ensure the club has enough income as well as trying to keep the fans happy, so I think the current prices are reasonable.

I haven't moaned about the price I'm simply saying that League Two football as a whole is not value for money. Not difficult.

I haven't moaned about the price I'm simply saying that League Two football as a whole is not value for money. Not difficult.
Surely value for money is to do with the price? And what logic have you used to decide that it isn't value for money? Just seems like a pretty baseless and pointless thing to say seeing as it can be changed.

All in all it probably costs me £30 a game for me and my son. If I was going to a premiership game I would say that would be more £80-£90. I think the price we pay is a fair price

The Head of the Bank of England has just stated we are going into a period of negative inflation........should be a price cut :smile:
To be fair, no customer says "Oooh! It's more expensive - that's great news!"

Inflation is a financial necessity in the world, that's the way life is.

I would be very surprised if there isn't an option to pay monthly, this hasn't been the case for years. I would suggest (and I really don't know) that maybe the incentive at this stage doesn't include a monthly payment scheme, and that it is aimed at getting cash in up front.

The ST pricing has been a rip off for years now. Although I think Southend is fairly reasonable,when you compare Premier League prices with the top teams in Europe you soon realise we as fans are being seriously mugged off. Lets take the five biggest clubs in England and compare them with the biggest in Europe. These are the cheapest tickets I could find.

Arsenal - 1014
Chelsea - 595
Liverpool - 710
Man City - 299
Man United - 532

Granted, Man City is very cheap but I bet you live nearer to the pitch than your seat does.

Here's Spain

Barcelona - 172.23
Athletico Madrid - 257.61
Real Madrid - 177
Valencia - 191.96

Germany

Bayern Munich - 67 [yes 67 quid]
Dortmund - 303
Schalke - 303
Hamburg - 230

Italy

Juventus - 291
Lazio - 183
Inter Milan - 332
Roma - 150

Still think you are getting value for money? We are all being rinsed in this country and make no mistake, if Southend ever get on the gravy train then those who have backed them through thick and thin will be left on the platform if their pockets aren't deep enough.

How much TV money do the clubs get?

Any business will pitch their price to get maximum income.

e.g. XZ football club will put their ticket prices to fill the stadium. e.g. 10,000 at £10 fills up. £15 and 3 people buy tickets. (Obviously exaggerating but you see my point).

Back