• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Preview Needed

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Hi all,
I'm compiling a season preview, with fans from every L2 club giving their views.
All I need is one of the delightful members of SZ to answer these questions, only a sentence or 2 or a few word answers to each of these:
What's your greatest hope for this season?
What's the worst case scenario?
Who's your most important player?
Who's the terrace favourite?
Who needs to go?
Who should we keep our eye out for?
What one change would you make at your club?
Have you got the right manager?
Who do you most want to beat?
Which opposition player do you most hate?
Which opposition player do you most admire?
Where will you finish?
Thanks

What's your greatest hope for this season? That we survive.
What's the worst case scenario? Liquidation.
Who's your most important player? Anthony Grant (one of the few I still know).
Who's the terrace favourite? Difficult question - liable to change at any moment currently. Possibly 'Screech' Spencer.
Who needs to go? Much easier - Ron Martin.
Who should we keep our eye out for? I believe that we have a full-blooded young rascal called Bilel (not on a proper deal yet) who puts his foot in.
What one change would you make at your club? Onions in the burgers.
Have you got the right manager? Sturrock is keen to prove he can still do it, but for a lot of us there is only one Steve Tilson.
Who do you most want to beat? The taxman.
Which opposition player do you most hate? Don't know enough about L2 to hate anyone honestly.
Which opposition player do you most admire? Jon-Paul Pitman (Wycombe).
Where will you finish? I honestly have no idea how this season will pan out.

What's your greatest hope for this season? That we survive.Agreed
What's the worst case scenario? Liquidation.With out a doubt

Who's your most important player? Anthony Grant (one of the few I still know). Anyone that gets 15 goals plus
Who's the terrace favourite? Difficult question - liable to change at any moment currently. Possibly 'Screech' Spencer. Granty
Who needs to go? Much easier - Ron Martin.---Sorry Ron and Geoff together
Who should we keep our eye out for? I believe that we have a full-blooded young rascal called Bilel (not on a proper deal yet) who puts his foot in. Soares , as needs to prove that he's worth it , and he keeps performing , otherwise he will go the way of Paynter
What one change would you make at your club? Onions in the burgers.--Ban Prem clubs shirts from being worm in the ground
Have you got the right manager? Sturrock is keen to prove he can still do it, but for a lot of us there is only one Steve Tilson.--Until Morinho see sense , yes
Who do you most want to beat? The taxman. Col U in the final of the FL Trophy for third time lucky
Which opposition player do you most hate? Don't know enough about L2 to hate anyone honestly.--Ditto
Which opposition player do you most admire? Jon-Paul Pitman (Wycombe).
Where will you finish? I honestly have no idea how this season will pan out. anywhere above the bottom two and I will be pleased...

What's your greatest hope for this season? Promotion
What's the worst case scenario? What shrimpero said
Who's your most important player? Mohsi Bilel
Who's the terrace favourite? Anthony Grant
Who needs to go? Who is left to go?
Who should we keep our eye out for? Soares
What one change would you make at your club? Beaten to the onions - getting rid of cashless payment!
Have you got the right manager? Wait and see but first impression is positive, signed lots of players, he has a blank canvas......like Hughes....but without the money
Who do you most want to beat? Our reject side - Wycombe or Gillingham and thats the closest we are to getting a derby
Which opposition player do you most hate? Matt Harrold
Which opposition player do you most admire? Simeon Jackson if hes still at the Gills.
Where will you finish? 10th....skirting with relegation for the first half of the year, but the stadium starts being built sainsbury's takeover and we finish strongly.

What's your greatest hope for this season? Financial security, the diggers moving in on Fossets Farm, and a sustained promotion challenge
What's the worst case scenario? Liquidation, and relegation to the bottom of the football pyramid
Who's your most important player? Anthony Grant; well on the road to Shrimper immortality already, merely by sticking out the nonsense the changing room has had to endure over the last year
Who's the terrace favourite? Anthony Grant; or perhaps "Screech" Spencer for his hair.
Who needs to go? JFC. He's half out of the door already, so I won't shed a tear if/when he leaves
Who should we keep our eye out for? Matt Paterson. If he's given a chance, he could really develop into a very useful player this season.
What one change would you make at your club? In my dream scenario, Roots Hall Limited would give Roots Hall to the Supporters club, to be used and kept for the benefit of the fans in perpetuity
Have you got the right manager? Early signs are promising; although, personally, I'm still upset over the way Steve Tilson was cast aside.
Who do you most want to beat? Morecambe. Surely the Shrimpers have got to beat the Shrimps?!
Which opposition player do you most hate? Hate leads to suffering... it is the path to the Dark Side. Erm, OK, I'll stop bluffing. It has been a while since we were last in L2, so I can't pretend I know any of them that well. I hate anyone who scores against us, as a rule.
Which opposition player do you most admire? All the Southend old-boys at Gillingham, notably Kevin Maher and Mark Bentley. Still wish Benno were here.
Where will you finish? If the finances are OK, 4th. If not, 24th.
Thanks You're welcome.

Back