• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season suspended again?

That's what I thought, but on the Covid thread people are saying no. Your guess is as good as mine right now.

Not so sure about that. I think football and horse racing etc can carry on. That could change of course. Probably 24 hours after we’re told it won’t change.

National League N/S and above allowed to continue. Whether or not enough players stay negative for games to be played is a different question.

The more clubs get covid and there games get postponed the EFL will be under pressure to either temporary suspension or full suspension

Hopefully the lockdown and impact of the vaccine + immunity from many recently recovered will slow the rate. This would mean that it’s less likely to have the season postponed.

Last edited:
Interesting (and to their credit) that Cole Ewe have gone public with this.If only SUFC (and other clubs) would follow suit.
We have gone public, MM stated that everyone had been tested after Kyle Taylor got a positive result, and all had come back negative.

It won't be a worry over suspending the season - but the backlog of games.
It's pretty clear postponements are increasing, so the worry is we keep playing through May like last season.
FWIW, I'd rather we met our fate on the pitch.
I think being relegated twice through committee would be too hard to take.

It won't be a worry over suspending the season - but the backlog of games.
It's pretty clear postponements are increasing, so the worry is we keep playing through May like last season.
FWIW, I'd rather we met our fate on the pitch.
I think being relegated twice through committee would be too hard to take.

I agree , although I have to say that the last relegation by ‘committee’ was hardly up for debate .....

Back