• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket prices ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

footymad13

Just looked a table of all the clubs.

We are officially the 2nd dearest in division 3, the dearest Rushden offer a standing ticket at £279 though.

Over 300-340 for a 3rd division ST.

Still shows how loyal the fans are 1500 snapping up them !

Indeed. And it seems you're the only one getting in a tizz about it all ... the bigest complaints I've seen is actually how people can pay for their season ticket - visa, debit or cash!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 05 2004,12:21)]Indeed. And it seems you're the only one getting in a tizz about it all ... the bigest complaints I've seen is actually how people can pay for their season ticket - visa, debit or cash!

WS
Oh iv renewed mine, the Student prices arn't too bad at all.

Just i feel sorry for some of the adults who may have been priced out.

We moan about the London clubs with the greatest respect we arn't helping ourself for charging £340 to see a basement side are we.

No point getting upset about - You can either choose to buy it or not.

I've not for the first time in 3 years. Simple as.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,11:04)]Just looked a table of all the clubs.

We are officially the 2nd dearest in division 3, the dearest Rushden offer a standing ticket at £279 though.
Officially? According to who? Please supply a source to validate that claim, FM, because I just can't figure out where you get your figures from, kiddo. I've just been through every official site for Third Division clubs - a valid source of reference - and found that the most expensive adult season tickets are as follows :

MAIN STAND ADULT PRICES
Sources : Individual official club websites.

1. £414 - Sc**thorpe United
2. £400 - Bristol Rovers
3. £370 - Oxford United
4. £357 - Rushden & Diamonds
5. £350 - Macclesfield Town
6. £345 - Northampton Town
7. £340 - Shrewsbury Town
8. £340 - Southend United
9. £336 - Grimsby Town
10. £336 - Wycombe Wanderers
11. £331 - Kidderminster Harriers
12. £329 - Notts County
13. £320 - Mansfield Town
14. £315 - Cheltenham Town
15. £315 - Swansea City
16. £310 - Cambridge United
17. £310 - Lincoln City
18. £300 - Leyton Orient
19. £290 - Bury
20. £290 - Yeovil Town
21. £285 - Chester City
22. £263 - Rochdale
23. £260 - Darlington
24. £255 - Boston United (discounted price)

Hmmm ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 05 2004,19:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,11:04)]Just looked a table of all the clubs.

Officially? According to who? Please supply a source to validate that claim, FM, because I just can't figure out where you get your figures from, kiddo. I've just been through every official site for Third Division clubs - a valid source of reference - and found that the most expensive adult season tickets are as follows :

MAIN STAND ADULT PRICES

2. £400 - Bristol Rovers
3. £370 - Oxford United
9. £336 - Grimsby Town
12. £329 - Notts County
15. £315 - Swansea City
17. £310 - Lincoln City
18. £300 - Leyton Orient
19. £290 - Bury
20. £290 - Yeovil Town
21. £285 - Chester City
22. £263 - Rochdale
23. £260 - Darlington

Hmmm ...

WS

rock.gif
I didnt look for the most expensive im looking at the cheapest adult ticketing. Bar the family sections. And it reads much different with that and the Average adult ticket being around £261

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,19:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 05 2004,19:23)]
[b said:

MAIN STAND ADULT PRICES

2. £400 - Bristol Rovers
3. £370 - Oxford United
9. £336 - Grimsby Town
12. £329 - Notts County
15. £315 - Swansea City
17. £310 - Lincoln City
18. £300 - Leyton Orient
19. £290 - Bury
20. £290 - Yeovil Town
21. £285 - Chester City
22. £263 - Rochdale
23. £260 - Darlington

Hmmm ...

WS

rock.gif
I didnt look for the most expensive im looking at the cheapest adult ticketing. Bar the family sections. And it reads much different with that and the Average adult ticket being around £261
In fairness to footymad13 (who seems to be slated at every opportunity just for being him!), I think the cheapest standard adult season ticket is a better benchmark for comparison purposes.

Every third division website? A short while back that would have been depressing finding about 23 better than ours!!

Happily, no longer the case.

I can asure you a ticket for Scunny behind the goal in the North Stand will cost you £202.

I have a list here, done by other clubs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ June 05 2004,20:00)]In fairness to footymad13 (who seems to be slated at every opportunity just for being him!) ...
He needs to stop offering mere speculation as fact, something that was pointed out to him some time ago. He said "officially" so he needs to provide source details to qualify the claim, otherwise he opens himself up to continual abuse.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 05 2004,20:36)]otherwise he opens himself up to continual abuse.
Makes a change, judging from some of the posts I was thinking it was self abuse!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,20:02)]I can asure you a ticket for Scunny behind the goal in the North Stand will cost you £202.

I have a list here, done by other clubs.
... which is a standing terraced stand. Not really a decent comparison with a club like ours which is an all-seater stadium.

The list is with you ... great ... but where did you source it from?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 05 2004,20:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ June 05 2004,20:00)]In fairness to footymad13 (who seems to be slated at every opportunity just for being him!) ...
He needs to stop offering mere speculation as fact, something that was pointed out to him some time ago. He said "officially" so he needs to provide source details to qualify the claim, otherwise he opens himself up to continual abuse.

WS
Its not bloody speculation, if you go on the clubs official sites you will see.

If you look for the dearest tickets no doubt you will find dearer than Southend.

However you should look at the cheapest ticket (other than the family sections).

And OFFICIALLY Southend are second in this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,21:04)]However you should look at the cheapest ticket (other than the family sections).

Officially? According to whom, FM, to whom?

BTW I am just going through ALL the official websites for Third Division clubs and so far FIVE clubs are more expensive than our "cheapest ticket" of £250 for the South Stand Lower Tier : Mansfield Town, Rushden & Diamonds, Grimsby Town, Cheltenham Town and Northampton Town. So far. I'm still compiling and should have it with you in 15 mins or so. But I can say that one really can't make any comparison to clubs with terracing; that's pretty damn obvious isn't it?!

WS

So how is 'OFFICIALLY' defined, Mr. FM?

A statement someone has made who promises they looked it up?

If you're presenting opinion as fact, I suggest you provide the links you got your information from to back it up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 05 2004,21:19)]So how is 'OFFICIALLY' defined, Mr. FM?

A statement someone has made who promises they looked it up?

If you're presenting opinion as fact, I suggest you provide the links you got your information from to back it up.
** sigh! **

Something I have asked for.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,21:04)]However you should look at the cheapest ticket (other than the family sections).

OK, FM, I rose to the challenge ...

Considering that Roots Hall is one of only nine all-seater stadiums in the Third Division, it really is no surprise that we would be one of the more expensive clubs for season tickets; the rest can offer cheaper tickets because they are for terraced stands. There's really not any case for the Club to answer because we will always charge more than for those stadiums with terracing. (BTW I am quite amazed at Rushden & Diamonds pricing structure!)

So, taking FM's qualification of CHEAPEST adult ticket, the list looks something like this; all sources are the official club websites and early purchase discounts applicable where asterisked.

CHEAPEST ADULT TICKET

1 £280 - Mansfield Town (All-Seater) *
2 £279 - Rushden & Diamonds (Terrace) *
3 £266 - Grimsby Town (All-Seater) *
4 £260 - Cheltenham Town (Terrace)
5 £255 - Yeovil Town (Terrace) *
6 £252 - Northampton Town (All-Seater) *
7 £250 - Southend United (All-Seater) *
8 £248 - Bury (All-Seater)
9 £247 - Chester City (Terrace)
10 £246 - Lincoln City (All-Seater) *
11 £240 - Darlington (All-Seater) *
12 £235 - Oxford United (All-Seater) *
13 £230 - Kidderminster Harriers (Terrace) *
14 £230 - Macclesfield Town (Terrace) *
15 £225 - Rochdale (Terrace) *
16 £221 - Boston United (Terrace) *
17 £210 - Cambridge United (Terrace) *
18 £210 - Swansea City (Terrace) *
19 £205 - Notts County (All-Seater) *
20 £204 - Shrewsbury Town (Terrace) *
21 £202 - Sc**thorpe United (Terrace) *
22 £195 - Bristol Rovers (Terrace) *
23 £192 - Wycombe Wanderers (Terrace) *
24 £170 - Leyton Orient (Terrace) *

NB - Due to demolition of North Terrace at Brisbane Road, existing season tickets holders can renew for £170 but will be relocated to another part of the ground - bargain ...

WS

To be fair Mike, some common sense is required here. The South lower has a poor view of the pitch in my opinion and im sure if you went round our STH ud find over 80% are seated in the East,West,South and pay £305 with the discount.

2 and a half/3 home stands pay £305 and how many seats are in the South Lower.

The majority of the seating at RH is £305.

I am sorry however i did overlook the South Lower prices somehow. However my point remains that we do charge a excessive amount for what you get.

Our loyal 2000-2500 supporters will pay the rise but what about the supporters who we want to stop heading off to London ?

Why not go to Orient for £30 kids or £170 adults.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,22:21)]To be fair Mike, some common sense is required here. The South lower has a poor view of the pitch in my opinion and im sure if you went round our STH ud find over 80% are seated in the East,West,South and pay £305 with the discount.

2 and a half/3 home stands pay £305 and how many seats are in the South Lower.

The majority of the seating at RH is £305.
Keep moving them goalposts fm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back