• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alex

Members
Guess what, many peoples including me, season ticket was not working in the south and tickets were confiscated with a receipt being issued and was told the club will be in touch. Every bloddy season, when will the club learn. For the record my season ticket was a new card issued and printed but was renewed in the same seats from last season. Whats annoying is a: if i wish to use my club shop voucher in mid week i cant as i cant produce season ticket and b: the club better post my season ticket back to me as i do not want the inconvienience of travelling from wickford to southend or turn up early at the next game and queue up at the ticket office when the queue should be for match tickets only.

At 2.55, I got to the turnstile, after a long wait in a long queue and when my season card didn't work, I was told to wait outside.....I waited a couple of mins, heard the game about to spring to life but still wasn't allowed in. Luckily GNH busted :winking: the gate and we poured in. I still have my old season card, so I'll have to contact the club to get my 8 year old's and my season ticket sorted.

What was even more annoying were fans coming out of the bar and just pushing in the queue. I challenged a couple of them. One chap said 'there's no way I'm walking up the stairs and getting in the queue'. I asked why not, and said I thought it was bloody rude of him....Apparently I was the rude one for questioning him for pushing in the queue. The woman with him said they had every right to push in as they had been in the bar and put money into the club....some people are so stupid it beggars belief.

they cant get much right at the start of any season can they, this has happened for the last three seasons now i think, still we got three points.

I was sold two tickets for the East red section. I turned up to my seats to find somebody sitting in them, when I asked them to move, they showed me the season cards they had which can you believe, were my seats.

I was told by a supervisor to stand by the stairs at the back of the stand where we were in the way of everybody until the game started and when I saw two spare seats, sit down.

Joke.

I bought a ticket in the South Upper yesterday over the phone. Went to pick them up from the North East corner where i was told i hadn't got a ticket. Was told to go the main ticket office where i was told i definitely didn't have one and the seat i had wanted - specifically chosen as it's next to my mates - had been sold. Decided just to buy another one as it was now 5 to 3 and thought the payment may not have gone through or something. Have checked my account, an payment was definitely taken yesterday. First season i've not had a season ticket due to work, but thinking i might get one anyway just to save on the such a palava next time. Then the queue to get in was a joke because, yet again, they haven't updated the season tickets correctly. I don't really like complaining, but come on SUFC, it's pretty shambolic.

Mine and Mrs ETTB's didn't work, but mum of ETTB's did. All renewed at the same time. Not rocket science is it, and will probably cost the club a few hundred wasted pounds in posting all the tickets back.

I've had a long and frustrating few days with the ticket office, initially I was advised those that had renewed in the same seat would not be receiving a new card, yet many who had renewed also received new cards. I went to the ticket office in person to check this out, and to my amazement it transpired the seat I had occupied for the last 7 years had been sold to another fan. I pointed out that I had renewed within the correct time frame, and the club should not have sold the seat to another party. It was acknowledged the club were in the wrong and I should have my regular seat, and I was issued with a new card. Guess what? It didn't bloody work. :sad:

Goy to the gate in the south side of the ground there was a small gathering of fans struggling to get in weht to a spare gate and got in straight away without any problem .But the poor fans out side were argueing that why should they walk all the way around the ground to the club shop .

Mine worked ok. Got to the ground nice and early as I kind of expected this....
you only have yourselves to blame if you turned up today expecting to be able to get in on opening day without a palava

Mine worked ok. Got to the ground nice and early as I kind of expected this....
you only have yourselves to blame if you turned up today expecting to be able to get in on opening day without a palava

No fault of the club then of course....

I should have expected people to be sitting in my seats, silly me.

Just like last season mine did not work in the West Stand again !.
Very poor show again and with so many tickets not working they had run out off receipts to give to fan's.

How I would like to go back to the good olds day's of a season ticket with paper slip's to hand in each game as this does
not seem like progress to me.

Expected problems but our 4 all worked perfectly well thankfully, guess we were lucky!

At 2.55, I got to the turnstile, after a long wait in a long queue and when my season card didn't work, I was told to wait outside.....I waited a couple of mins, heard the game about to spring to life but still wasn't allowed in. Luckily GNH busted :winking: the gate and we poured in. I still have my old season card, so I'll have to contact the club to get my 8 year old's and my season ticket sorted.

What was even more annoying were fans coming out of the bar and just pushing in the queue. I challenged a couple of them. One chap said 'there's no way I'm walking up the stairs and getting in the queue'. I asked why not, and said I thought it was bloody rude of him....Apparently I was the rude one for questioning him for pushing in the queue. The woman with him said they had every right to push in as they had been in the bar and put money into the club....some people are so stupid it beggars belief.

Think you will find that said lady is a Trust Committee member and her domain is in the Coach department! I agree though, its an absolute disgrace that her cronies did that and showed herself to be a disgrace to the Trust's name!

Think you will find that said lady is a Trust Committee member and her domain is in the Coach department! I agree though, its an absolute disgrace that her cronies did that and showed herself to be a disgrace to the Trust's name!

Even more disgusted if that woman is a trust committee member. She couldn't care less about pushing in. I think she should tender her resignation from the trust. I DO NOT want people like that representing me from a trust perspective. If my son hadn't been with me, her gentleman friend would have got a clout too. They could see I had a kid with me and had no qualms about pushing in front of a child either.....total and utter disgrace.

I know the previous ticket office manager and from what I gather, you shouldn't expect much from the ticket office these days. The club have had to cut costs everywhere and the ticket office is one of the areas that has been severely affected. I was probably in the same queue as davewebb'sbrain and as he said someone got the gate open so we just all piled through there. No idea if my season ticket works or not, suppose I will just have to find out at the Burton game.

The SUFC Ticket Office is and has been for some time (also before jobs were cut) the most appalling-run operation. Had a right farce getting the direct debit finance for my Season Ticket sorted. However, for the first time since the electric turnstiles were installed, my Card worked!!

Back