• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sending off for a Passport

How long does it usualy take for peoples Passports to come back afetr you've sent off for them? I have a holiday booked for the start of february and I havent sent off for my Passport to be renewed yet (I know I'm stupid). Going to send off for it at the weekend. Does anybody think I might not get it back by February?

My renewal took about ten days, but I sorted it in January this year, as I though there would be less applications in winter. Bear in ind I think the price is now 66 quid.

Yeh the price is a little steap! I originaly took it to the post office and the lady told me I had to get new photos done because my hair was covering my right eyebrow
mad.gif
and they said It was £73!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Dec. 05 2006,14:02)]Yeh the price is a little steap! I originaly took it to the post office and the lady told me I had to get new photos done because my hair was covering my right eyebrow  
mad.gif
 and they said It was £73!
That may have been including the PO checking your application.

I am a mortgage broker and reguarly need customers to send off for new passports.

A few years ago it was a horror story but now you are looking at two-three weeks tops. The post office do a checking service too and that will save you any delays. Costs a few £ but well worth it if your stuck.
smile.gif

Usually about ten days, but there's a fella down York Road who'll get you one tommorrow for £50.

Just as long as you change your name to Mr Yip or Mrs Pang.
biggrin.gif

Mine was up for renewal about 2 years back and I sent it off in plenty of time as was off skiing in approx 3 months. After about a month nothing received, so I chased it and they said the application had not been received. So I had to cancel the cheque and re-do the forms and pay for it to be checked and sent off by the Post Office. Received the new passport about 10 days later.

When I returned from my skiing holiday, I had a package waiting for me at the Post Office so I went to pick it up and could not believe that it was another new passport from my original application - therefore I had 2 passports in my name. Could not believe it and more to the fact that the passport office systems could not mirror up that they had issued me 2 passports and they talk about security fears!

Back