• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on Chesterfield, SUFC and the FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had been overpowered in 1941 and your grandfather worked for the resistance...would that make him a terrorist or a freedom fighter??? If you have a just cause (and there can be few more just causes than the majority of people in their own nation being treated as much, much less than equal because of the colour of their skin) - then you have to fight for your freedom.

This is not a football matter but unless a "terrorist" acted as he did, millions of people would still be in the gutter.

If we had been overpowered in 1941 and your grandfather worked for the resistance...would that make him a terrorist or a freedom fighter??? If you have a just cause (and there can be few more just causes than the majority of people in their own nation being treated as much, much less than equal because of the colour of their skin) - then you have to fight for your freedom.

This is not a football matter but unless a "terrorist" acted as he did, millions of people would still be in the gutter.

What annoys me more is this whole thing whatever your views has no place in football

To be fair i wasnt a great fan of nelsons music but if i was at a uk game i would stand and not clap but i would deffo not boo.
We have a minutes slience nearly every game at the Berrichonne,i have no idea who the dead person is but my son and i always stand and stay quiet,its called respect.

What planet are you on it is widely known about his terrorist activity some research of your own would open your eyes and not be so one sided!

I would be very happy to see you not only banned from this website but also our club as well. We dont need people like you at our club

With you on this one true blue. Fed up with all this applause business. Unless its to do directly with football then leave it out and let's get on with the game. Funny thing is many commentators are saying how free South Africa is. So so wrong. The country is still controlled by the monied elite.

Yeah and so should the respective football clubs for honouring somebody who ordered the killing of hundreds of people and who terrorised thousands

Just wondering if you would say the same infront of our black players Scott. If you really feel this strongly about the situation, does that not question your support towards these players. Surely what Mandela fought for indirectly had an impact on racism and the treatment of black people worldwide not just in South Africa. No body is saying he is perfect and he paid a price for what he did, rightly or wrongly. But, no one can argue with the impact that the guy had once released from prison.

My only gripe is that when I was at Uni , the various societies used to offer incentives to join.
"Join us and get a free pen"
"Join us and get a free diary"
I joined all of these and duly collected the rewards.

But the 'Free Nelson Mandela' society was a complete con.
Joined up.
Never received my 'Free Nelson Mandela'............................

With you on this one true blue. Fed up with all this applause business. Unless its to do directly with football then leave it out and let's get on with the game. Funny thing is many commentators are saying how free South Africa is. So so wrong. The country is still controlled by the monied elite.

SO you didnt agree with the minutes silence for the armed forces then? That has nothing to do with football, yet its an opportunity for a large mass of people to pay their respects. If you really dont want to, stay out the ground tomorrow and wait until the game starts before entering the ground. But if you attempt to ruin the minutes applause / silence whatever it is then you may find yourself thrown out.

Just wondering if you would say the same infront of our black players Scott. If you really feel this strongly about the situation, does that not question your support towards these players. Surely what Mandela fought for indirectly had an impact on racism and the treatment of black people worldwide not just in South Africa. No body is saying he is perfect and he paid a price for what he did, rightly or wrongly. But, no one can argue with the impact that the guy had once released from prison.

Mandela and his organised bombings killed innocent people of both races, Yes his cause towards the end is/was a true one however, his sins of the past can't just be brushed over.

Again it's not even the argument what you think it's why football has to be dragged into this subject all it creates it divide

SO you didnt agree with the minutes silence for the armed forces then? That has nothing to do with football, yet its an opportunity for a large mass of people to pay their respects. If you really dont want to, stay out the ground tomorrow and wait until the game starts before entering the ground. But if you attempt to ruin the minutes applause / silence whatever it is then you may find yourself thrown out.

Silence for the armed forces is in respect of our troops sent to fight where there are told to its totally different from celebrating an individual who orchestrated and planned bombings that killed innocent while and black Africans

Mandela and his organised bombings killed innocent people of both races, Yes his cause towards the end is/was a true one however, his sins of the past can't just be brushed over.

Again it's not even the argument what you think it's why football has to be dragged into this subject all it creates it divide

These types of situations will always create a certain element of divide, and understandably so, life is about opinions and rightly you are entitled to yours. But, if the majority of people attending tomorrow wish to pay their respects then let them do that. As for yourself and a few others on here, stay outside the ground until the game starts and then you cant affect or be affected by the situation. Its an easy choice.

If I had time I would make a 6ft banner with terrorist written on

Any why is this is another thread because this has now become and SUFC match day subject that's why, whether you agree or not this still has NOTHING to do with football
He was convicted for sabotage and conspiring to overthrow the government. There seems to be an assumption by a few on here that he was convicted of murder which he was not.
The burning tyres thing is a sickening image but has nothing to do with Mandela.

Are we all just going to say the same things on this thread too? Reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back