• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on Chesterfield, SUFC and the FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoys me more is this whole thing whatever your views has no place in football
I think it transcends football. It is fact that when the rights and wrongs of what Mandela did over 95 years are weighed up - the vast, vast majority of world opinion is that his actions and struggle was just. Mandela was perhaps just a powerful symbol of freedom for black South Africa and beyond but he has now become a symbol for world peace, FORGIVENESS and tolerance. That should be recognised in all walks of life. Why should football be any different?

[/B]These types of situations will always create a certain element of divide, and understandably so, life is about opinions and rightly you are entitled to yours. But, if the majority of people attending tomorrow wish to pay their respects then let them do that. As for yourself and a few others on here, stay outside the ground until the game starts and then you cant affect or be affected by the situation. Its an easy choice.

Everybody is entitled to their views that's what makes us free!

But having this at football is a joke it really is unless it's something that is uniting the vast vast majority and is directly related to our country then I don't see any place for it

I think it transcends football. It is fact that when the rights and wrongs of what Mandela did over 95 years are weighed up - the vast, vast majority of world opinion is that his actions and struggle was just. Mandela was perhaps just a powerful symbol of freedom for black South Africa and beyond but he has now become a symbol for world peace, FORGIVENESS and tolerance. That should be recognised in all walks of life. Why should football be any different?

But why should football always be whored out as a platform?

SO you didnt agree with the minutes silence for the armed forces then? That has nothing to do with football, yet its an opportunity for a large mass of people to pay their respects. If you really dont want to, stay out the ground tomorrow and wait until the game starts before entering the ground. But if you attempt to ruin the minutes applause / silence whatever it is then you may find yourself thrown out.

Would argue this played a massive part in each of our lives and our heritage as English/British people. Most of our parents or grandparents would have fought in the war. Agree most things have no place in football but think for memorial day you can make an exception as it effected the country in which we live.

you're missing the point - you initially said it has nothing to do with football well neither does the troops being sent to war have anything to do with football - the fact of the matter is that football is the most supported sport in the world and people are affected by what happens in the world hence why we support our troops - your views (or should i say thatchers) on mandela is disputable - imo this thread really should be removed because its a FOOTBALL FORUM not a racism/political/terrorism window

[/B]These types of situations will always create a certain element of divide, and understandably so, life is about opinions and rightly you are entitled to yours. But, if the majority of people attending tomorrow wish to pay their respects then let them do that. As for yourself and a few others on here, stay outside the ground until the game starts and then you cant affect or be affected by the situation. Its an easy choice.

This. There are times on here, TB, when you truly manage to surprise me. This one goes beyond surprise, sadly.

you're missing the point - you initially said it has nothing to do with football well neither does the troops being sent to war have anything to do with football - the fact of the matter is that football is the most supported sport in the world and people are affected by what happens in the world hence why we support our troops - your views (or should i say thatchers) on mandela is disputable - imo this thread really should be removed because its a FOOTBALL FORUM not a racism/political/terrorism window
agree 100%, let's not let the weirdo have any more air time - really hope i don't bump into you in The Spa, TrueBlue...

I would be very happy to see you not only banned from this website but also our club as well. We dont need people like you at our club

This statement is ridiculous.

Should we ban everyone from the club who disagrees with an opinion even if it meant against the majority?

It's an internet messageboard. His not harming anyone.

I suggest you back this up with some evidence. This a potentially libellous post and I am surprised the mods havent removed it already.

Whilst it is a ridiculous post, given Nelson Mandela's forgiving nature I think SZ is safe from being sued from beyond the grave.

I don't see it's relevance to Saturday's match, but at least the matches aren't being postponed like they were for Diana's death.

It's on a football forum because this is taking part in a match SUFC will be playing in

Silence for the armed forces is in respect of our troops sent to fight where there are told to its totally different from celebrating an individual who orchestrated and planned bombings that killed innocent while and black Africans

Not just our troops mate. My grandfather fought with many different nationalities during the second world war. He has never forgotten those that he fought with British or not.

SO you didnt agree with the minutes silence for the armed forces then? That has nothing to do with football, yet its an opportunity for a large mass of people to pay their respects. If you really dont want to, stay out the ground tomorrow and wait until the game starts before entering the ground. But if you attempt to ruin the minutes applause / silence whatever it is then you may find yourself thrown out.
Nope. Didn't agree with the armed forces one either so didn't clap. Would've clapped for the first and Second World War people but they lump all the other wars in which were not about the defence of my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back