• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Does anybody remember Shamir Mullins playingfor us? I noticed on his twitter he has us down as a former club? He isperforming very well for Chelmsford this season, has 6 goals already and looksa real handful. I went last night and he looked good and had the ball in theback of the net, albeit disallowed, everyone is raving about him over there,they think they have found a real good player Think he might get a lot of goals this seasonand snatch himself a move. Also noticed that Nile Ranger has tweeted andretweeted some stuff about him, guessing they are mates.

yeah i remember, think he was in the youth at the same time as seedy nige, where's that guy gone!? another youngster, duane ofori-acheampong has had a decent non-league career in terms of clubs so far, torquay and dover in the conference, now at dartford in the conference south. seen some highlights of when he played at torquay and he is a powerhouse, absolute beast. crawford is now also at welling united too...

yeah i remember, think he was in the youth at the same time as seedy nige, where's that guy gone!? another youngster, duane ofori-acheampong has had a decent non-league career in terms of clubs so far, torquay and dover in the conference, now at dartford in the conference south. seen some highlights of when he played at torquay and he is a powerhouse, absolute beast. crawford is now also at welling united too...

Wonder if we do keep tabs on these players? I'm sure at some point we'll see another Kightley like player dropping out of the league and making a comeback.

Would it be Williams if we let him go? :unsure:

From what I've seen I think he'll be a decent conference level striker but can't see him being any more than that. You never know though, he's never had a good run of games to prove himself

Seedy Njie does not play football no more.

I remember Mullings in the youth squad and was really tall and fast, don't be surprised if Shamir Mullings gets a contract with a pro club. Been doing really well in the conference south these last couple seasons.

As for Duane ofori-acheampong decent Conference striker. Always plying his trade around this division and below.

Just looking at Chelmford's website, I remember when Josh Rees was a free agent. I was hoping we'd sign him so much because he grew up locally, from Nottingham Forest to Chelmsford. That's quite a drop...

Players develop at different times ........... the old Dave Martin was (I believe) England captain at Under 21 and then played most of his career at Southend in Division 3 and 4 .............. you can't hold on to a player from the age of (say) 19 till 25 (say) in the hope that they become the player they should have been once they are 26 (say).

Looking at it the other way, Kypo might have dropped out of the Watford scheme (Division 1) into ours (Division 3) and we may be backing a winner .............. as they say some you win and some you don't .................

All the City guys are raving about him again after their 5-1 win at Eastbourne. Only got the 1 goal but was a real handful by all accounts. His stature is identical to Nile Ranger's they are both big powerful lads who bully the back four, Mullings wins virtually everything that is hit up to him, I can't help but think Cox and Mooney would love feeding off his scraps. Nile and Sham are even mates, Nile retweets every time Sham scores. If we think the answer is a fit Nile then why not get someone similar to Nile to fill in? He'll be picked up soon by somebody.

All the City guys are raving about him again after their 5-1 win at Eastbourne. Only got the 1 goal but was a real handful by all accounts. His stature is identical to Nile Ranger's they are both big powerful lads who bully the back four, Mullings wins virtually everything that is hit up to him, I can't help but think Cox and Mooney would love feeding off his scraps. Nile and Sham are even mates, Nile retweets every time Sham scores. If we think the answer is a fit Nile then why not get someone similar to Nile to fill in? He'll be picked up soon by somebody.

Would be a better risk than Fortune!

Hypothetically speaking, what does everyone think it would cost to pick up a player like him and give him a year contract?

Hypothetically speaking, what does everyone think it would cost to pick up a player like him and give him a year contract?

With our relationship with Chelmsford being quite decent. Rather than a fee we could offer them some players on loan. They seemed pretty happy with Bridge and Williams. With the likes of Wabo, Walker,Cotton etc on the rise then we can loan the players to them. I can't imagine his wage demands would be huge.

Seedy Njie does not play football no more.

I remember Mullings in the youth squad and was really tall and fast, don't be surprised if Shamir Mullings gets a contract with a pro club. Been doing really well in the conference south these last couple seasons.

As for Duane ofori-acheampong decent Conference striker. Always plying his trade around this division and below.

Doesn't Njie play for Cray Wanderers now? Brandon Scott and Adetayo Osifuwa play for them too.

With our relationship with Chelmsford being quite decent. Rather than a fee we could offer them some players on loan. They seemed pretty happy with Bridge and Williams. With the likes of Wabo, Walker,Cotton etc on the rise then we can loan the players to them. I can't imagine his wage demands would be huge.

They were very happy with Bridge and Williams, I think the potential loanees you have mentioned would not interest CC. I know Wabo and Cotton could have been taken by a club lower down the footballing pyramid but they were not interested due to the condition they must play. I'd imagine the only players CC might be interested in would be players who we wouldn't want to let go.

Not sure what the fee would be for someone like Sham but his wages are decent for a part time player, £600 a week I've heard.

They were very happy with Bridge and Williams, I think the potential loanees you have mentioned would not interest CC. I know Wabo and Cotton could have been taken by a club lower down the footballing pyramid but they were not interested due to the condition they must play. I'd imagine the only players CC might be interested in would be players who we wouldn't want to let go.

Not sure what the fee would be for someone like Sham but his wages are decent for a part time player, £600 a week I've heard.

In light of what kingSHRIMPER says, surely it would not do any harm to have Shamir Mullins train with Southend for a week so that the management can have a good look at him.

I have seen Mullings play for Chelmsford and he is able to win lots of headers, downside is his first touch is not the greatest. I am not sure he would be sharp enough for Division One but could be worth keeping an eye on.

Doesn't Njie play for Cray Wanderers now? Brandon Scott and Adetayo Osifuwa play for them too.

That is correct. Forgot about that. Played early on in the season for them but he hasn't since played since.

I have seen Mullings play for Chelmsford and he is able to win lots of headers, downside is his first touch is not the greatest. I am not sure he would be sharp enough for Division One but could be worth keeping an eye on.

Oh it’ll be gamble and there is certainly aquestion mark whether he’d be up to this level. Given his current form I’d bevery surprised if he doesn’t finish the season with 20+ goals and history tellme a player of his age with his physical attributes scoring 20+ in theconference south will get a move to a league club, so somebody is going to takethat gamble IMO.

Id agree on his 1[SUP]st[/SUP] touch and he isby no means a perfect striker. His prowess in the air is impressive though andis certainly something we are missing.

Back