• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shaughnessy Released

I thought he could have done a job but not disappointed.

For the money he was on we could get someone better in for less.

Nice fella was Joe. I met him in bizarre circumstances and he helped me lift a sofa up to a flat.

He had decent games for us towards the end after his injury and would have been fine in L2..... Another one that had to suffer because certain fans hated Bond but idolised they very people causing all the problems.

Maybe that's his next step in his career a removal contractor,getting a sofa into a flat can be a *******.

Or we are going into administration.

Do you have any reason for making this remark? Why would the Chairman relinquish his control of the club now? After all, he's had the opportunity to put us into administration before now and resisted it.Don't think Wigan sets much of a precedent either.

When I hear the term'released' I like to imagine Ron driving a van out into the countryside, opening the doors and then poking players with a stick to return them to the wild. Like a badger with a broken leg.

Whilst wearing a wax jacket and having an uncocked loaded shotgun over his arm.

That could be almost anyone in Benfleet although some residents of Benfleet Road would probably be carrying a sawnoff

I thought about going for the sawnoff but seeing a long barrelled shotgun draped over his arm would look much more fitting.

When I hear the term'released' I like to imagine Ron driving a van out into the countryside, opening the doors and then poking players with a stick to return them to the wild. Like a badger with a broken leg.

Now I understand the "mad" part!

I quite liked him, and certainly thought he'd been one of our better players through the end run of games we had.

He was one of the very limited number of players that we had turn up for the JB Christmas Party, and was a thoroughly nice bloke. Interacted really well with the kids during the quiz part alongside Nathan Bishop and Tim Dieng, though I think a number found his Scottish accent difficult to understand! All three of them had to stay a lot longer than was intended due to the delay to the food arriving, but none of them made it seem an inconvenience.

Was there ever a Blues manager who fetched in a collection like 2019-20's?
Of the eight and three loans, one might say Goodship and Taylor have yet to show, although the jury is rightly out.
The rest?
Dearie me; what possessed Bond?

Well I still think that Ralph has a part to play if he stays. Be a nice little battle for the left back spot, although Clifford looks a talent

His best game for us was probably his last game for us. Never looked settled, never looked like he fitted in and never looked like a League 1 defender.

I quite liked him, and certainly thought he'd been one of our better players through the end run of games we had.

He was one of the very limited number of players that we had turn up for the JB Christmas Party, and was a thoroughly nice bloke. Interacted really well with the kids during the quiz part alongside Nathan Bishop and Tim Dieng, though I think a number found his Scottish accent difficult to understand! All three of them had to stay a lot longer than was intended due to the delay to the food arriving, but none of them made it seem an inconvenience.

And that says one of the reasons Southend are in such a mess. Someone that's been at the club a long time told me that the team spirit is the worst by a mile he has ever known it. A few years back during the Corr era and before that the players would all hang out with each other. They loved each others company, the banter and the team spirit was excellent. Things like the JB christmas party, loads would turn up. Now, there's lots of players that just don't bond. There's loads of little groups of two's and three's. There's players that ignore each other. They are not one anymore. Shocking but not surprising OBL, that only three turned up.

And that says one of the reasons Southend are in such a mess. Someone that's been at the club a long time told me that the team spirit is the worst by a mile he has ever known it. A few years back during the Corr era and before that the players would all hang out with each other. They loved each others company, the banter and the team spirit was excellent. Things like the JB christmas party, loads would turn up. Now, there's lots of players that just don't bond. There's loads of little groups of two's and three's. There's players that ignore each other. They are not one anymore. Shocking but not surprising OBL, that only three turned up.
This was for the 2nd part, we'd had 5, I think, for the outside activity, but yes, it's an issue.

This was something that Powell, Bond and Waddock had failed to address and Campbell inherited, the fact is that we need a fresh start. Younger players are easier to turn around than seasoned pros and perhaps it’s a good thing that we are losing players who were part of the previous 2,3,4 regimes. Players like Shaughnessy, McLaughlin, Demetriou, Oxley, Milligan, Lennon may well have proved useful in L2 and done a job but a) they’re on high wages and b) they’re almost “tainted” by what’s gone on before. The fact that we may need to build from scratch and almost re-educate these youngsters and bring in “the right kind” of senior player if we are able to.. well I can definitely see the benefit of installing Duncan, Maher or Fagan. Most of the success of the youngsters who so admirably stepped up to the plate last season was down to them. It’s the less costly, less risky option and it’s a chance to stabilise. They know these players and know their mentality. We don’t need players in our squad who want a last payday, we want hungry ambitious types. And ones prepared for a scrap.

Back