• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really hope we can turn them over, yeah odd`s on is very mean tho`. I really would like to be proved wrong with my prediction . My heart says the blues, but my head says sheff Utd !
Big club, doesn't mean they're a great team.

I was chatting to a Sheffield United fan the other day and he says the mood around the place at the moment is pretty glum. I said how much I was looking forward to the trip and he said "Yeah, that's the bloody problem. Everyone is bang up for a visit to Bramall Lane and we're not able to get up for it in the same way".

While Sheffield Utd deserve to be favourites, odds-on looks a bit skinny to me.

They were just over 60 away supporters there, of which me and the wife were two of them, and we put in a gutless performance to lose 3-0. The away support will definitely be better tomorrow, let's hope the performance is.

I'm expecting a big number tomorrow. Possible as many as 1500 shrimpers travelling. How times change

I am up in Yorkshire for a weekend of the footie, AND, it is about 10 degrees colder than the Essex Riviera. Lads- wear a jumper!

Sadly im going to have to agree, I would be happy to walk away with a point at the final whistle. Their home form is alot better than our away form.

I will be making the trip to Sheffield Utd, my mate just got tickets for 4 of us! Bring it on, as for me, I don't mind any result, long as I see the fight & passion where our players tried their hardest for us in the away end, think we will bring 1000+ which is a good turn out considering how far the trip is.

I hope it's a big improvement from a gutless performance where we lost 3-0 back in 1997!

Still raining up here in Steel City (ONCE WAS).

Choose your boots well lads as there might be some slippage.

On my way to Brammel lane today. Will be my first match of the season. Hoping for a good game and a win would be very nice. Although i think we would settle for a point before, so we will see. UTB

Brown's constant tactics of trying not to lose games, rather than trying to win them worked okay in League 2, but it doesn't work at this level. The lack of attacking threat hasn't been addressed and the way things are going I'd be happy if we stayed up. As for today, 2-0 Sheffield United.

Brown's constant tactics of trying not to lose games, rather than trying to win them worked okay in League 2, but it doesn't work at this level. The lack of attacking threat hasn't been addressed and the way things are going I'd be happy if we stayed up. As for today, 2-0 Sheffield United.

F*** me have we lost recently or something?

I'm in a pub in Sheffield with the boy aged 10 ( he's spent all day head in books) as we arrived in crowded loo he
Asked which Sheffield team are we playing - very funny
Still all very excited.
He Keeps saying 'its grim up north'
locals reckon we're in with a shout
shame on injury situation....
play like we can Gills Cov etc and we could well get something here
sing up

Is Brown taking the p*#s with that starting line up?!!! Atkinson wouldn't make my bench and Hurst was non existent the other night. Timlin should be straight back over Atkinson and I'd rather Weston than Hurst and can see Payne bullied out of this game.

Same team as Wednesday...............the one that struggled in the end to get a win over a mid-table league two side. Could and probably should have lost, by all accounts. Can't see us getting anything from this now and have changed my 'prediction league' forecast to a 2-0 defeat, rather than a 1-1 draw. The one good thing about this is that, invariably, after changing my forecast at the last minute............I end up with egg on my face. I can only hope it proves to be the case today! :smile:

can only assume Bolger is carrying a slight knock (as hinted at in the Echo) otherwise I am massively shocked is on bench. For me, he is now our first choice CB

Back